Fromme 2013 Conditions (merged)

May 8, 2013, 6:54 a.m.

I was probably off then.

I was likely following your tracks.

May 8, 2013, 10:28 a.m.

Executioner is dry as it would be in the middle of summer. A sweet mix of flowy dirt punctuated by semi steep knar. This is my favourite xc/dh trail!
There is a sick rock gap jump on Dream weaver. Its in plain sight but you can only see it if ya want to see it:rolleyes:
Diggers and Boundary those are my old school play grounds…..Noticed a low to the ground wood structure that was shaped like ogo pogo has been removed. I rode it/filmed it last year. :flame:
Executioner has been tapped I believe. The work that was done is sweet! thanx guys/gals who buffed the trail. No E sarc intended
I AM fucking pissed about wood stunts (that can be easily repaired) are being removed! Don't give me that maintenance bullshit excuse!

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

May 8, 2013, 10:07 p.m.

I'm sure someone knows about this but the big bridge over the creek on Lower Crippler has broken in half.

May 9, 2013, 6:40 a.m.

Anyone know how much snow is still at the entrance to 7th?

May 9, 2013, 7:48 a.m.

It was pretty deep a week ago…

May 9, 2013, 9:46 a.m.

I should also note that trails were bone dry last night. You forget how much easier things are in these conditions!

May 9, 2013, 1:07 p.m.

I should also note that trails were bone dry last night. You forget how much easier things are in these conditions!

lol

I just started riding here about 2 months ago, I was saying to my friends how I won't even know how to ride the trails once they dry out.

May 9, 2013, 2:13 p.m.

I AM fucking pissed about wood stunts (that can be easily repaired) are being removed! Don't give me that maintenance bullshit excuse!

it might've broken or had a tree fall on it. Also i don't think Digger liked having that stuff built on Digger.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 9, 2013, 2:25 p.m.

Anyone know how much snow is still at the entrance to 7th?

Rode it this morning. Zero snow but a lot of deadfall the first 50 meters or so. Bit of off trail hike-a-bike required to get around it all.

May 9, 2013, 3:23 p.m.

Seriously?? That skinny coaster on Digger looked fine last I hiked it, can't have been long ago.

I really wanted to try that this year, and it seemed solid. Does this bode ill for other stuff on Digger?

:scotland:

May 9, 2013, 4:53 p.m.

Trail with rotting stunts and without an active builder… smells of liability exposure.

flickr

May 9, 2013, 10:37 p.m.

I rode digger 2 days ago, the only stunt I didn't check was the long skinny "coaster", the rest were solid. The coaster looked OK too. I also want to hit up all the skinnies on that trail, especially now that I know what's coming up. Been about 9 years since I rode that trail, it was nice to see it again.

May 9, 2013, 10:54 p.m.

Trail with rotting stunts and without an active builder… smells of liability exposure.

Concerning the stunts on Digger. When I was working on that trail, I didnt anticipate moving to Germany for such a long time. I really wish I could be in Vancouver right now, but sometimes life takes you places you didnt anticipate. I know that wood stunts are pretty controversial right now, and I understand why. I never wanted to cause any trouble for the NSMBA/trail advocacy groups etc etc - just wanted to make some low-stakes fun skinnies and fix up a trail. I had a blast doing it, and I am honored to have been allowed to work on the NS trails. Would I do it again? Probably not.

So. If ANYONE riding Digger notices something wrong with any of the stunts, please, please kick out the entrance to the structure. All of the stuff I built (and I didnt build everything on that trail) is optional, so it wont change the basic trail. You dont have to disassemble the entire thing - I built it, and I will clean it up. Just prevent it from being ridden. I can then either take care of it next time Im in Vancouver, or arrange for someone to do it if time is pressing.
In short, anyone reading this is hereby deputized to take out any feature on Digger.

A complex interaction between sterics and electronics…

May 10, 2013, 8:26 a.m.

Rode 7th last w/e and there was snow until you get to the first woodwork. Someone had chain sawed the dead fall but another rather large tree had fallen right at the start that will require a chain saw to take care of it. Once past the snow the trail is perfect all the way to Leppard. I'd be surprised if the snow lingers for much longer it was melting pretty quickly. It's worth it to make it up there now.

May 10, 2013, 9:15 a.m.

Rode 7th last w/e and there was snow until you get to the first woodwork. Someone had chain sawed the dead fall but another rather large tree had fallen right at the start that will require a chain saw to take care of it. Once past the snow the trail is perfect all the way to Leppard. I'd be surprised if the snow lingers for much longer it was melting pretty quickly. It's worth it to make it up there now.

Rode it last night and the snow is gone except for under the blow down at the start. There are still 3 spots that need to be cleared, the first 2 are right off the start and then another spot another 50m down the trail. I brought my hand saw but all the easy stuff had already been cleared. Only chain saw work is left.

Like above post, still def worth the climb. The long log ride at the end is running great!

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You