Fromme 2013 Conditions (merged)

Aug. 30, 2013, 8:50 p.m.

Large tree down across trail just past natural high exit and before immonator/griffin switchback entrances. A victim of last night's crazy storm.

Nov. 2, 2013, 11:26 p.m.

Squeaky elbow clear of blowdown.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Nov. 3, 2013, 9:25 p.m.

Quite a bit of blowdown and debris on Lower Ladies. There is a large tree that is completely blocking the trail just before the roller coaster. Chain saw is needed for that one.

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

Nov. 3, 2013, 11:42 p.m.

Quite a bit of blowdown and debris on Lower Ladies. There is a large tree that is completely blocking the trail just before the roller coaster. Chain saw is needed for that one.

Yeah, I moved the smaller one higher up just onto the edge. But the lower one was a bit too big lol

Nov. 9, 2013, 8:28 a.m.

Not sure if this can be helped, Night riding last night and the new line on Kirkford shouldn't be open… it's going to get destroyed in the wet weather. Did the old line get de-commissioned? great work all the way down whoever worked on 7/KK/Kirk.

Nov. 9, 2013, 1:56 p.m.

Not sure if this can be helped, Night riding last night and the new line on Kirkford shouldn't be open… it's going to get destroyed in the wet weather. Did the old line get de-commissioned? great work all the way down whoever worked on 7/KK/Kirk.

Agreed. I went through there for the first time in a while to see what was going on. I like the line but as soon as I got a sense of what it was I regretted being on it as I felt like I shredding it (in a bad way).

I'm assuming the purpose of this re-route is to get away from the steeper old chunder line? It looks like it's not being groomed as an uphill, which is too bad because a singletrack climb like that on Fromme would be awesome.

Great work in any case. Left the builder a granola bar.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Nov. 9, 2013, 5:06 p.m.

I almost posted about this the other day too. The new section starts off great and progressively turns into a mess as people (like me…) have been riding it. I felt bad but once you are in, you are in. I hope it gets chance to settle in and be completed (if that's the plan) as it's a great little line. Much better than baby head rocks on fall line trails…..

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 17, 2013, 8:54 a.m.

I sincerely hope the trail modifiers don't kill the old line on kirkford because they want everyone to ride their latest awesome new creation. I can appreciate the work on the new line but there is no reason to decommission the other. The other line is better. Its nice to have options.

Nov. 17, 2013, 9:39 a.m.

The old school trails (read that as 10,15,20 years ago when they were first built) were at the same ground level as the surrounding forest. Many years of erosion and water creates the chunder, and the subsequent ditch that any fall line trail will cause.

The biggest reason for all these reroutes is in the link above. At least give that a read if you don't get a chance to sign up for the Builders Academy.

Nov. 17, 2013, 9:12 p.m.

yeah that new section is pretty squishy, nearly ski season though. Saw a nice big deer last night whilst out running and two guys riding up griffen at 8.30 on a saturday night. awesome!

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Nov. 17, 2013, 10:03 p.m.

Great job on the Kirkford re-route. Only problem, couldn't tell if I was on Kirkford, Bridle, lower Dreamweaver, lower Floppy Bunny, Salamander, High School trail…….

Heard that Will's Way is going to be decomissioned, that would be a shame. Some fun bridges and obstacles on it. But hey, north shore riders will be the best berm trail riders !

Nov. 17, 2013, 10:10 p.m.

Will's Way obstacles

are mud pits included as obstacles?

Nov. 18, 2013, 1:27 p.m.

are mud pits included as obstacles?

Logs, ladders, few drops . . . I'd say Will's is a great gem of a trail on the NS ! I learnt a lot of my bike handling on it, especially the bridge / log in the middle over the muck, I would always think that my rear tire would slip off on the turn.

Mud can be built over, heck, they put 2 bridges on Bridle. Maybe they could have put 1/2 of one of them on Will's ?

Nov. 18, 2013, 1:51 p.m.

Most of the people I ride with have very few kind words to say about Wills Way and I tend to agree. Sure, there are a couple of features and it was probably in better shape many years ago but the trail in its current state is beat to shit and not fun (IMHO) to ride. A single bridge isn't going to fix what has become a very soupy mess. I'm comparing this to similar trails such as the Griffens and Roadside (on Fromme) where there are a number of similar features and those trails are built to handle wet weather (for the most part) riding. I think I've been on Wills once, after a month of no rain in the summer, where it was mostly dry and I still didn't enjoy it. When I'm on Seymour, I rarely see anyone riding Wills whereas the High School trails are a great entrance/exit from Bridle. If you're riding Seymour and really need a tech fix, just bust up to Bottle Top or Ridgerunner or check out the work over on the Figure 8 Loop.

Sorry for the heavy "Seymour" content…Fromme rocks!

Nov. 19, 2013, 9:06 a.m.

Most of the people I ride with have very few kind words to say about Wills Way and I tend to agree. . . I'm comparing this to similar trails such as the Griffens and Roadside (on Fromme) where there are a number of similar features and those trails are built to handle wet weather (for the most part) riding. I think I've been on Wills once, after a month of no rain in the summer, where it was mostly dry and I still didn't enjoy it. When I'm on Seymour, I rarely see anyone riding Wills whereas the High School trails are a great entrance/exit from Bridle.

If you don't like Will's, don't ride it. I don't like Forever After, but, you don't see me claiming that it should be shut down. Wills is a great trail to build bike handling skills, HS is more of the same. But hey, the North Shore is going to produce the best berm and smooth trail riders in the world !