Fromme 2012 Conditions

Dec. 3, 2012, 9:39 a.m.

Re: 33 DD…is this still a rideable trail? If so whats it like other than being classified as a black diamond ?

Don't think that trail is rideable anymore. Hell, it's not even on the local's guidebook map!

Dec. 3, 2012, 9:47 a.m.

Re: 33 DD…is this still a rideable trail? If so whats it like other than being classified as a black diamond ?

Funny you mention that, because that is why I'm asking. Its not in the book but it's on the App.
Oh well….I'll take your advice. THX

Dec. 3, 2012, 10:15 a.m.

i used to ride Fromme , 2 to 3 days a week back in the mid to late 90,s i wouldn,t even know where to begin on there today LOL i just looked at a map and holy crap is there alot of new trails since then LOL , and back in those days it was a hardtail or a full rigid with canti brakes depending on weather i was riding my Kona HOT or my Marin ZIG-ZAG TRAIL .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 3, 2012, 1:36 p.m.

Rode Oilcan on Saturday and there was a large windfall across the trail near the bottom. I think 3 or 4 guys could un-wedge and move it off of the trail. Just a heads up.

Dec. 5, 2012, 3:21 p.m.

The snow was really coming down at the Ladies entrance today at 1:00pm. Not sticking yet, but damn cold. The trail itself was great. :cool:

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

Dec. 5, 2012, 7:55 p.m.

Rode Expresso to Lower Crippler today, can't talk about Expresso without mentioning "NICE WORK!"

Snow coming down pretty heavy by the 4th switchback at @ 2:30 pm. Tree down on Lower Crippler around the 3/4+ point just above/ before the switchbacks . It's been barricaded just upstream on the trail in a safe zone allowing riders to stop beforehand.

Great day riding today, but really….. When isn't it?

Dec. 6, 2012, 9:45 p.m.

A skiff of slush on the picnic table at the top of ladies. Trail is in good shape. Lots of rain lately so trail had a couple soft spots, a puddle on the berms, but otherwise in great shape.

Dec. 9, 2012, 12:03 a.m.

bump , anyone with a report on conditions this weekend? heading up tomorrow.
Snow line?

Dec. 9, 2012, 2:12 a.m.

Only went up as high as Pipeline, the road up to Pipeline was effectively clear except a dusting in the open areas/switchbacks. Above Pipeline the road looked like it was becoming uniform covering, maybe half a centimetre; my guess is that Expresso and Lower Oilcan would still be good to go as well. Pipeline itself was clear and in great shape, a bit of frozen slush on the upper ladder bridges and teeter totter.

It definitely dropped below zero at some point because all the wood had a slick invisible ice cover - made for some exciting riding!

Dec. 9, 2012, 6:29 a.m.

Rode Peugeout up to road and the trails were clear except for a very light dusting near the top. The road at Pink Starfish trailhead was about 2-3 inches snow with ice underneath with the usual car tracks that you could follow. I took Executioner which was pretty clear except for the first 100 meters or so. Can't comment on 7th.

Don't let the snowline view prevent you from getting out. You can still get quite a bit of elevation.

Dec. 9, 2012, 6:06 p.m.

Fallen tree blocking Pipeline at the first ladder bridge. Might need a chainsaw…

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

Dec. 9, 2012, 6:18 p.m.

7th still good to go (if you're good to go) 6" on the road, and 2-4" on the trail.

Dec. 10, 2012, 10:47 p.m.

Friday had amazing conditions!

Griffin was wet.
King of the Shore was good.
Floppy was a bit wet at the end.
Expresso was perfect
BP was good (flooding between Expresso and pipeline seems to have calmed down)
Lower Skull area was good.

Over on the Juryn side of things, trails were riding fine as well.

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Dec. 12, 2012, 2:45 p.m.

Noon ride today, the road is clear of snow until the opening around Ladies and Pipeline, inch of slush around there.
Both Ladies and Pipeline were clean.

Dec. 13, 2012, 4:11 p.m.

Entrance to ladies had 1/2" - 3/4" of snow on it, trail all clear and good to go, too bad I suck!:crazy:

But it was starting to snow pretty good at around 1:00.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.