Fromme 2012 Conditions

Nov. 1, 2012, 8:33 a.m.

Its rained so much since I came here, I think the puddles are just getting deeper at this point..

Nov. 9, 2012, 4:39 p.m.

I've been having a great time riding with lights over the last few evenings. It's great to see so many people up on the trails as well! They are all in great shape…the fantastic Autumn continues!

Who else has been up night riding? What's your highlight night time trail!?

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Nov. 21, 2012, 5:43 p.m.

Top of 7th - Today, Nov 21

Got to follow the fresh tracks of a clearly talented, unknown rider who appeared to only venture off-trail once.

Snow/slush on 7th until about halfway down to the first junction.

Pipeline is in pristine condition, a good choice in my books for a winter trail.

Saw Woodro's truck parked near the top, thanks for your dedication to keeping the hills and trails legit.

Nov. 23, 2012, 5:35 p.m.

Any snow reports are appreciated for the 6th switchback and beyond….
:dizzy::dizzy:

Nov. 23, 2012, 5:37 p.m.

Any snow reports are appreciated for the 6th switchback and beyond….

considering it was raining at 1000m, I'd bet no new snow… or any snow… just wet.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 23, 2012, 6:36 p.m.

So expresso should be clear tomorrow?

Nov. 24, 2012, 8:36 p.m.

Top of 7th - Today, Nov 21

Got to follow the fresh tracks of a clearly talented, unknown rider who appeared to only venture off-trail once.

Snow/slush on 7th until about halfway down to the first junction.

Pipeline is in pristine condition, a good choice in my books for a winter trail.

Saw Woodro's truck parked near the top, thanks for your dedication to keeping the hills and trails legit.

Heard you coming down Baden Powell behind us. We rode 7th then Pipeline as well. A go route when its real wet out. Got out of there just in time it was starting to get a little dark.

Nov. 25, 2012, 11:02 a.m.

Cleared one small, suspiciously placed tree which was blocking the runout to one of the structures on Boundary, and also two big branches in inconvenient places on Digger, not sure any of them looked like windblow…

:scotland:

Nov. 25, 2012, 5:16 p.m.

7th was clear and cold today. All of the snow has melted and there is just a dusting left on the road after the 6th switchback.

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

Nov. 25, 2012, 7:03 p.m.

Fromme was incredible today. From the top down, it was amazing trail conditions!

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Nov. 25, 2012, 11:49 p.m.

Perfect day. A bunch of my friends elected to go ski icy runs and missed out on this:

7th and Executioner are both in great shape. The upper rebuilt sections of Oilcan and Expresso are mint, lower sections are a wet oldschool rattlefest as always :p

Dec. 2, 2012, 4:50 p.m.

Not sure if anyone has posted about the tree down at the entrance of Pipeline, so posting it up just in case.
Reports from upper altitudes:frozen slush appearing on 6th to 7th, but all clear on the trails. Some white stuff coming down this morning, but not under the canopy of the trees. Felt like I could have used lights today. Can we line the trails with Christmas lights? Anyone got an extension cord?

Dec. 2, 2012, 5:13 p.m.

It was literally dark enough to make lights a good idea at 2:30 today.

flickr

Dec. 3, 2012, 6:35 a.m.

Not sure if anyone has posted about the tree down at the entrance of Pipeline, so posting it up just in case.
Reports from upper altitudes:frozen slush appearing on 6th to 7th, but all clear on the trails. Some white stuff coming down this morning, but not under the canopy of the trees. Felt like I could have used lights today. Can we line the trails with Christmas lights? Anyone got an extension cord?

Thanks for the heads up.

I thought I cleared all the hazard trees off that trail, but it seems I might have missed a few stranglers.

I will go up and have it removed this week.

Dec. 3, 2012, 9:17 a.m.

Re: 33 DD…is this still a rideable trail? If so whats it like other than being classified as a black diamond ?