Fromme 2012 Conditions

March 3, 2012, 3:51 p.m.

grreaat times today!

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

March 3, 2012, 4 p.m.

Hey Drummer - what did you ride - where's the snow?!

March 3, 2012, 10:33 p.m.

Good afternoon skiers and riders. This is your 4:00 Fromme snow report on Thursday, March 1st.

Confident enough to venture up to the 6th switchback?

The snowpack on the road is deep and barely walkable. Grannies rode awesome and involved substantial sliding goodness and face shots. I recommend any trail without much woodwork on the 6th.

For the less adventuresome, I recommend Bobsled. The trail is covered in about 2 inches of snow making the trail quite interesting and enjoyable. But remember:

(much sliding was involved and it was great)

That is all.

The top of Bobsled still looked like this today with some more tire tracks in it. Was melting quite a bit though.

March 4, 2012, 4:51 p.m.

Bobsled was clear today, didn't bother going past that today as it was probably going to be pretty slippery.

Super wet as its melting fast. Gotta get some water proof shorts for these warm but wet days.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

March 6, 2012, 8:45 p.m.

How are things looking? Planning to hit the lower trails over the next couple days. Bobsled, Crinkum, Kirkford and Griffen

March 6, 2012, 9:03 p.m.

Bobsled entrance was a little icy, but the trail itself was just fine. Woodwork was even dry. Can't saw what it's like further up.

Pic from this afternoon (March 6):

March 7, 2012, 9:43 a.m.

thanks, looking good

March 7, 2012, 6:30 p.m.

Anyone have any insight as to what Ladies would be like?
Hoping to do a lap along with some lower trails this Sat.

Thanks in advance

March 7, 2012, 6:37 p.m.

Bobsled entrance was a little icy, but the trail itself was just fine. Woodwork was even dry. Can't saw what it's like further up.

Pic from this afternoon (March 6):

Anyone have any insight as to what Ladies would be like?
Hoping to do a lap along with some lower trails this Sat.

Thanks in advance

Entrance to Bobsled still looked the same as the picture above today. The ground was frozen too.

Tomorrow's forecast says it will be warm and Friday and Saturday calls for a bit of precipitation. Ladies might be good to go on Sat.

March 8, 2012, 6:21 p.m.

Hopefully the rain and warmer nights will melt some more of the snow [HTML_REMOVED] ice.

I made it to the 4th SB today, took a look at Ladies, and opted to go back to down to the 3rd.
Ladies was very icy: (@4th SB)

4th SB (today): Probably 4" still on the road, and any tire tracks were ice, no slush to be seen this afternoon.

March 9, 2012, 7:40 a.m.

I got up to the 4th SW yesterday as well and pushed over to Ladies. Still quite a bit of snow and ice. Didn't look promising above the 4th. Most of the woodwork below the 4th was clear, dry and suprisingly grippy. But every once in a while you'd hit a patch of ice on dirt and get a wake-up call. Trail didn't truly get snow free until the Big Stupid.

The stuff that's clear is in great shape, but there's still lots of snow and ice.

March 9, 2012, 9:18 a.m.

Rode Dempsey -[HTML_REMOVED] Baden -[HTML_REMOVED] DW this morning, there was snow/ice on the Baden west of Boundary. Nothing that restricted riding, but it was a bit upsetting seeing it that low.

March 9, 2012, 11:01 p.m.

I made it to the 5th yesterday, but it was a walk from the 3rd onwards due to the ice.

I got fresh tracks on Crinkum Crankum, but it was pretty much unrideable. Everything from the 3rd down is in great shape though.

Hopefully all this rain is clearing things up.

March 10, 2012, 11:43 p.m.

how was it up there today?

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

March 11, 2012, 5:04 p.m.

OK, if you are really motivated you can pedal right up to Ladies only - it's pretty easy up to the 3rd switchback and after that it depends on what kind of a point you're trying to prove. Top of Ladies is still completely covered in snow and ice - Pipeline is a little better but still pretty sketchy for the top 1/4 of the trail. Everything below that was great - Digger has been busy with some nice work on Lower Ladies!