Fraser Valley 2014 Conditions (Red, Bear, Vedder, Sumas, Ledgeview)

Dec. 30, 2014, 7:44 p.m.

Hey all,
This thread isn't very active, but I'm hoping someone will chime in or PM me with details on Sumas?
Me and a few friends are planning a New Years day after ride and we've picked Sumas to go an explore…We're old, so we don't get lots of "free time", so we want to maximize the excursion.
We ride Burke every weekend on "All Mtn/Enduro" style rides and aren't afraid of a little climb so long as it's double track/fire road style.
Any advice on best places to park and what loops to take would be much appreciated. We have 2-3 hours of ride time ear marked for this.
Thanks for what ever we can get…

Cheers
-Phil

you will love Squidline then check out trailforks.com that will give you a idea of whats on the mountain , lots of stuff too pick you may hit snow i heard there was snow up there on Sunday

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 30, 2014, 7:54 p.m.

Ok - Any clue how long the road up to the top takes to ride?

Dec. 30, 2014, 8:03 p.m.

about an hour to ride to the top. some snow up there at the moment though.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Dec. 30, 2014, 8:08 p.m.

Cool - Looking at the maps, am I right in saying Squid is not all the way to the top?

Dec. 30, 2014, 9:04 p.m.

suqid is just past the 4 k marker. the top is 7.5 k i think.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Dec. 30, 2014, 9:08 p.m.

Ok - Any clue how long the road up to the top takes to ride?

knob gobbler is around 7km from the lower parking lot , squid is around 4km . i rode it several weeks back at night when we had that last cold spell and it was around 40min ride to the trailhead( squidline ) . dress for cold wind my last ride i walked most of the climb the road was soft and the head wind was insane felt like i was pulling my truck up the hill LOL .

#northsidetrailbuilders