Delta Watershed trail conditions 2013

Jan. 27, 2013, 7:28 p.m.

Trails in decent shape considering the time of year, a few muddy spots but not bad.

All the windfall has been cleared, other than the few old log piles that have been there for a long time.

Jan. 30, 2013, 6:30 p.m.

Just their this afternoon and some trails have been worked on, it's pretty decent.

Feb. 7, 2013, 9:15 a.m.

Anyone know how well the Watershed drains? I want to ride there this weekend, but we've had a lot of rain and I don't wan to tear it up if it's super muddy.

Feb. 7, 2013, 9:50 a.m.

It's hard to predict in there, I live nearby and it can be sloppy when you'd expect dry and vice versa. The Delta Nature Reserve was okay last weekend just walking around, I think the Shed would probably be fine.

Feb. 7, 2013, 11:32 a.m.

Anyone know how well the Watershed drains? I want to ride there this weekend, but we've had a lot of rain and I don't wan to tear it up if it's super muddy.

Since the whole park is on a slope it drains decently, there will be a few puddles (take a small garden trowel and drain them please) but it should be okay.

It is my go to riding area for a quick one.

Feb. 7, 2013, 8:23 p.m.

Had a rip in there today, just some muddy spots but the trails were cleared of trees/branches. The South East corner where the Double black jumps are, unreal! Forgotten how nice those jumps were. Landings rock hard and lips are minty, good stuff.

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Feb. 8, 2013, 7:57 a.m.

Since the whole park is on a slope it drains decently, there will be a few puddles (take a small garden trowel and drain them please) but it should be okay.

It is my go to riding area for a quick one.

Rad. Hopefully I can get down there and shred.
I've never been, what's a good XC loop?

Feb. 9, 2013, 8:26 a.m.

Rad. Hopefully I can get down there and shred.
I've never been, what's a good XC loop?

Our normal loop is leaving from Pinewood school going clockwise around the perimeter, basically turn left at every option.

Feb. 10, 2013, 8:57 a.m.

Went to the Shed for the first time in 3 years. Lots has changed; almost no woodwork and a lot more "flow" style trails. It's interesting that the goat jumps are made out of gravel now and the big table is gone.
Overall the conditions were good and there wasn't really any standing water or mud.

Feb. 10, 2013, 9:07 p.m.

Had a rip in there today, just some muddy spots but the trails were cleared of trees/branches. The South East corner where the Double black jumps are, unreal! Forgotten how nice those jumps were. Landings rock hard and lips are minty, good stuff.

Cheers.

diggin

Feb. 11, 2013, 1:54 p.m.

A few muddy patches, but overall in great shape as of this morning. Not misting in the trees.

March 6, 2013, 4:59 p.m.

Sunday March 10th - Trail day, meet in Meadow at 10:00am - BBQ to follow @ 2:30 in Meadow.

Hi everyone, I know its late notice but the SHED BIKE CLUB will be having a trail day in the shed on Sunday March 10th at 10AM meeting in the meadow. We will be working on Stairway and Lower Shedi. There will be some swag to give away and a BBQ to help feed the hard working people that come out. We have more events to come this year and even though we're a small club we have big plans. We're also joining forces with SORCE to try and make the Delta/Surrey riding scene awesome! So if you want to give back to the Shed, come on out on Sunday!

A big shout out to our amazing sponsors so far

Norco Bicycles
Rocky Cycle
Double R Rentals

Shed head!

March 6, 2013, 6:07 p.m.

bump

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

March 6, 2013, 7:50 p.m.

Hi

Is there a Shed Club web site. How does one get details about the club?

Master of Puppets

March 6, 2013, 8:39 p.m.

Hi

Is there a Shed Club web site. How does one get details about the club?

Either come out on Sunday and meet the executive or email [email protected] for info. We'd love to have more members and some help:) We currently don't have a web presence as we are a small group at the moment. We are talking with SORCE to possibly have a combined website going. For now we are in the stone ages of email and face to face interaction haha.

Shed head!