Cypress 2016 conditions

July 12, 2016, 12:42 p.m.

Never ridden Cypress before and we are thinking of checking it out Sunday for a change of pace. What are some good link-ups to try? Skill level is black diamond, enjoy tech rock/roots as well as flow, although we don't do any big jumps/drops outside the bike park). We will likely shuttle. I have a DH bike but will probably ride my 160mm as my friend will be on his Chromag (his only bike, but he's a much better rider than me).

Trailforks makes it look like a good idea would be to hit Blind Skier/SGS/Roach Clip/Hit or Tall Cans/Wutang and then try Reaper, Coiler or Mystery DH on the other side?

cheers

My favorite route on an AM bike is Blind Skier, SGS, Slippery Canoe, Pull Tab, Upper Tall Cans, Wu Tang. Roach Clip/Hit is definitely a step above that in terms of difficulty but still enjoyable. I really like Meat Sweats too.

July 12, 2016, 2:21 p.m.

Sex Boy and Shore Play are classics. Trunk Monkey is pretty good old skool tech too.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Aug. 2, 2016, 2:26 p.m.

I had no idea Stupid Grouse runs all the way thru the BP's to the top of 21st at the highway. Great way to finish a ride. Never rode that side of Cypress before.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 5, 2016, 5:33 p.m.

There's a tree across the creek bed section on upper jersey shore that I almost crashed into today. It'll need to be cut. I couldn't move it by myself. I put some small logs across the trail before the creek bed in the slower section of the trail. They're pretty visible. I didn't want anyone to do what I almost did as the tree is at bar height.

There is the bypass (that goes off to the right before the creek bed) that was cut in a while ago that can be ridden.

Sept. 11, 2016, 6:18 p.m.

I had no idea Stupid Grouse runs all the way thru the BP's to the top of 21st at the highway. Great way to finish a ride. Never rode that side of Cypress before.

In the really old day (mid-80's), it was a climbing trail to get us up to the 2nd switchback.