Cypress 2014 Conditions

Jan. 4, 2014, 8:32 p.m.

Shuttled up to Blind Skier/Slippery Canoe/ Pull Tab/ Tall Cans.
Ice in the parking lot. Then here and there until the SGS fork. At that point conditions were awesome. Dirt was frozen and super grippy but woodwork and roots were slick. We took Blind Skier all the way out to the road.
Slippery Canoe on down was awesome.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Jan. 18, 2014, 5:36 p.m.

Saturday Jan 18th Mint Conditions today on Cypress.
Awesome day on the hill today with riding crew. Trails (Mystery, Sex Girl, SOB, NNL, Quadmire, Wild Cherry and Roaches) were awesome. Only downer was seeing the hard work of some builders destroyed by British Properties……Shame BPP decided to tear up the work done on the new entrance to Sex Girl. In my opinion the new entrance is much safer than the original entrance which is extremely eroded. I guess a sign of things to come….. :cry:

Also word of advice to BPP, if you are going to tear up a trail, please do not leave giant boulders in the line creating a hazzard.

Jan. 28, 2014, 5:08 p.m.

Saturday Jan 18th Mint Conditions today on Cypress.
Awesome day on the hill today with riding crew. Trails (Mystery, Sex Girl, SOB, NNL, Quadmire, Wild Cherry and Roaches) were awesome. Only downer was seeing the hard work of some builders destroyed by British Properties……Shame BPP decided to tear up the work done on the new entrance to Sex Girl. In my opinion the new entrance is much safer than the original entrance which is extremely eroded. I guess a sign of things to come….. :cry:

Also word of advice to BPP, if you are going to tear up a trail, please do not leave giant boulders in the line creating a hazzard.

BPP tearing stuff down?!! This is and should be a major concern to all involved with mountain biking on the North Shore.

ADMIN: please consider putting this under "shore" to inform the masses

Jan. 28, 2014, 7:37 p.m.

Warning that someone removed the lip of a gap jump on that little jump trail near brutis. It is unsafe now and there has been an injury because of it.

Jan. 28, 2014, 7:55 p.m.

BPP tearing stuff down?!! This is and should be a major concern to all involved with mountain biking on the North Shore.

OMG a land owner is actually managing their land! FOR SHAME. How dare they not bend to the will of us mountain biking trespassers. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sucks someone was hurt not making sure a jump was safe. =/=/=/=/=/

formally wernie

Jan. 28, 2014, 10:20 p.m.

BPP is NOT tearing new stuff down. They have requested that builders not build structures and to remove new stuff build after Rodgers Creek was approved. This is still being communicated to the builders.

There will be more communication before any action is taken. Expect more news about Cypress very soon.

Jan. 28, 2014, 10:52 p.m.

BPP is NOT tearing stuff down. They have requested that builders not build structures and to remove new stuff build after Rodgers Creek was approved. This is still being communicated to the builders.

There will be more communication before any action is taken. Expect more news about Cypress very soon.

So who took down the new entrance to Sex Girl? As the poster mentioned this was a safer entrance and the dismantling was left in an unsafe state.

Jan. 28, 2014, 11:10 p.m.

OMG a land owner is actually managing their land! FOR SHAME. How dare they not bend to the will of us mountain biking trespassers. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sucks someone was hurt not making sure a jump was safe. =/=/=/=/=/

Sure they have the right. They have consulted the public and are now making moves…did they listen? Was it just a front? Changes haven't been communicated to us yet. Yet it appears things are happening. I'm also hearing rumours of trails beyond what BPP originally designated as their land being impacted.

Sadly, Cypress riders and tourists coming to ride some of the best trails in the world will be impacted.

Jan. 29, 2014, 10:24 a.m.

Sure they have the right. They have consulted the public and are now making moves…did they listen? Was it just a front? Changes haven't been communicated to us yet. Yet it appears things are happening. I'm also hearing rumours of trails beyond what BPP originally designated as their land being impacted.

Sadly, Cypress riders and tourists coming to ride some of the best trails in the world will be impacted.

Why do they have to listen to a bunch of self righteous wanker wannabees? :ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama:

If someone was squatting on your property and creating liabilities what do you expect?????
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

formally wernie

Jan. 29, 2014, 10:47 a.m.

British Properties is the landowner. They have made an incredible amount of money from their initial investment. As a business leader in our community, it would be nice for them to give a little back to the community.

http://hp.bccna.bc.ca/Library/WestVan/history/Thumbnails/lions_thumb.htm

Jan. 29, 2014, 10:48 a.m.

Why do they have to listen to a bunch of self righteous wanker wannabees? :ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama:

If someone was squatting on your property and creating liabilities what do you expect?????
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Who the f are you? You and your over use of icons on every post. Great rep you're sporting and lack of positive posts. I doubt you even bike. Go find another hobby if you want to direct your negative attitude to a sport/culture/lifestyle.

Good riddance.

Jan. 29, 2014, 11:13 a.m.

This is my understanding

BPP wants no new trail and no new structures.

They talked directly to the builders about 2, 3 years?? ago.

Builders want structures and new trails and put them in

BPP is, no doubt not pleased (speculation here)

Cypress builders on this board - your turn to let me know if any of this is not the case.

Older trails, older structures aren't affected

1994canucks - AlanB is the person most involved. Communicate with him directly on how to help if you want to make a difference.

Lee Lau

Jan. 29, 2014, 11:55 a.m.

Who the f are you? You and your over use of icons on every post. Great rep you're sporting and lack of positive posts. I doubt you even bike. Go find another hobby if you want to direct your negative attitude to a sport/culture/lifestyle.

Good riddance.

I'd avoid feeding the troll BC.

Go to his profile here http://bb.nsmb.com/member.php?u=80798
Hit the user lists tab and add him to your ignore list.

Jan. 29, 2014, 1:53 p.m.

This is my understanding

1994canucks - AlanB is the person most involved. Communicate with him directly on how to help if you want to make a difference.

With some recent dismantling apparently "not" by BPP it appears actions are being taken to please BPP. How far will this go? It's great that AlanB is taking steps to work on a solution and street cred his way. But has the towel been thrown and actions now one sided and geared towards only pleasing BPP? Little info is being communicated to the riders/biking community.

It now appears things need to be brought attention to the entire community. Word on the street bigger changes are imminent…loss of trails and structures. Do we wait until changes impact the biking community and remain silent? Is there a media opportunity here to inform the public? Perhaps this will encourage BPP to change its position?

Jan. 29, 2014, 2:26 p.m.

NSMBA AGM dude - were you there?