Cypress 2013 Conditions

May 3, 2013, 1:55 p.m.

Anybody know if the top of Mystery is cut out yet?

May 3, 2013, 2:46 p.m.

Anybody know if the top of Mystery is cut out yet?

Yep, it's good to go.

May 3, 2013, 3:08 p.m.

Yep, it's good to go.

And the best part is you end up in a military base in San Francisco when you're finished. That's going to screw up strava for lots of people.

May 3, 2013, 6:12 p.m.

And the best part is you end up in a military base in San Francisco when you're finished. That's going to screw up strava for lots of people.

Just watch out for Godzilla!!!!

May 4, 2013, 1:05 p.m.

It's like Vanoc all over again. The trails are in awesome shape with very good grip. The exception to good grip is the bowling alley/ pinball section on the 5th where it's dry [HTML_REMOVED] marbly.

Thread killer

May 6, 2013, 9:56 p.m.

PreReaper is a gong show with all the trees down. Best avoid the top section for now.

DWV wants to handle this themselves, which is fine with me. It's their bridge under these trees! :damn:

On Tuesday a few of us will be meeting with Parks staff to figure out the best way to deal with the downed trees in the Old Growth Conservancy section. PM me if you're interested.

May 7, 2013, 7:09 a.m.

It's the same story for blind skier so many trees down that you can ride maybe 2 mins total in between the hike a bike around the fallen trees.

May 7, 2013, 7:54 a.m.

Alan, have saw and willing to help, but if DWV is going to deal with it then I am happy to let them.

I will try to get up to Blind Skier later this week. Can't imagine DWV is going to clear that?

May 8, 2013, 9:33 a.m.

Has anybody been on Shoreplay lately? Last time I was on it the run-out on the big rock roll was sketchy to say the least….

May 8, 2013, 10:07 a.m.

Has anybody been on Shoreplay lately? Last time I was on it the run-out on the big rock roll was sketchy to say the least….

Rode it on the weekend, seemed fine to me

May 8, 2013, 10:26 a.m.

Alan, any update on the OGC / Pre-Reaper discussions with DWV? Quite the mess on the trails above the Quarry Lookout.

Also, for anyone riding today, I have heard that the road will be shut down due to movie filming…

May 8, 2013, 11:22 a.m.

Rode it on the weekend, seemed fine to me

The run-out is a bit blown out, but it's not too bad. At least most of the braids on the trail have been blocked.

May 8, 2013, 10:30 p.m.

Alan, any update on the OGC / Pre-Reaper discussions with DWV? Quite the mess on the trails above the Quarry Lookout.

Also, for anyone riding today, I have heard that the road will be shut down due to movie filming…

DWV will clear the Conservancy Crossing section of Pre-Reaper, but they won't get to it until late May at the earliest. Some of the trees have a huge amount of tension in them. It's going to be a major effort to clear the section through the Conservancy.

There's no plans for them to go further south. If anyone wants to clear other sections, please stay safe. Some of the trees are hazardous. Heard a story yesterday about some guys down under getting crushed/buried under a root ball when the tree rocked back upright. It took 3 years to find them!!

May 9, 2013, 7:34 a.m.

The sign at the bottom said it was closed yesterday too. There was a delay, but they were still letting traffic through.

June 2, 2013, 10:28 p.m.

Looks like the district cleared the deadfall at the side of the road where reaper starts. Unfortunately they threw it all down the start of reaper, making it near impossible to ride the trail. Will need a couple hours work and a chainsaw to clear out.