Cypress 2013 Conditions

Jan. 11, 2013, 12:14 p.m.

Haven't been there myself this year, but sure looks like there is quite a bit of snow.
Are there any trails ride able at this point?

cheers

georg

Jan. 13, 2013, 4:40 p.m.

is anything rideable? Jonesing for some pulltab/tallcan laps

answered my own question today: slippery canoe was snowed in except for the last 50m, pt and tc were clear and absolutely prime

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 3, 2013, 6:28 p.m.

Entrance to Sex Girl is sketchy off the road, it's currently half ice/snow half grimy clay. As soon as your in the trees, I think it's in the best condition I've ever ridden it in. If someone has been in there doing work, THANK YOU because it's amazing!

Twitter: Stephen_matthws
Instagram: stephen_matthews

Feb. 11, 2013, 8:51 a.m.

Rode Sex Girl and Slippery Canoe+ yesterday. Conditions were awesome.
Yeah the entrance to SG was a bit spicy. It wasn't actually snowy or icy but it was compacted and way faster and slipperier than expected.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Feb. 25, 2013, 6:28 a.m.

Has anybody attempted to go into Sex Girl after the recent snow? Wonder how far down it reaches…

Feb. 25, 2013, 6:46 a.m.

Sex Girl on Saturday was good at the start of the jump line. If yesterday's freezing level was high enough and Sex Girl was getting rained on it should be good to go. It was supposed to dump last night up there so the question is was it raining or snowing at the top of Sex Girl last night.

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

March 14, 2013, 8:35 a.m.

There are now "no trespassing" signs posted at most trail entrances and a few "obtain permission before building" signs around the mountain. The number of these signs has been steadily increasing in the last 6 months. I've been told it's a liability thing but it doesn't give me a good feeling about the future of mountain biking at cypress. Last November the consensus was that there was hope for continued building and riding. I'm not sure if anyone has talked to BRitish Properities lately but given the signs I'd imagine that they'd rather we GTFO their land. Maybe we should schedule a meeting with BP to see what's up with the recent signage?

March 14, 2013, 5:42 p.m.

There are now "no trespassing" signs posted at most trail entrances and a few "obtain permission before building" signs around the mountain. The number of these signs has been steadily increasing in the last 6 months. I've been told it's a liability thing but it doesn't give me a good feeling about the future of mountain biking at cypress. Last November the consensus was that there was hope for continued building and riding. I'm not sure if anyone has talked to BRitish Properities lately but given the signs I'd imagine that they'd rather we GTFO their land. Maybe we should schedule a meeting with BP to see what's up with the recent signage?

Oh oh. Which trails in particular?

March 14, 2013, 6:19 p.m.

Oh oh. Which trails in particular?

All

Nearly

March 15, 2013, 11:16 a.m.

All

Nearly

Well f**k me sideways. I'm usually on Cypress 3 weekend a month. Starting Saturday. Is this something to be immediately concerned with? Are people altering riding patterns? Anyone got a picture of said signs?

March 19, 2013, 10:13 a.m.

Anyone got a picture of said signs?

Taken last night, S[HTML_REMOVED]M trailhead.

March 19, 2013, 4:38 p.m.

^ There are signs similar to that one at the end of each trail as well.

March 19, 2013, 6:26 p.m.

Man people are braiding the hell out of Shore Play.

March 19, 2013, 8:15 p.m.

Taken last night, S[HTML_REMOVED]M trailhead.

Sucks…

Ride, don't slide.

March 22, 2013, 10:50 p.m.

There's excellent potential for the long term, but we need to mindful during the short term. BPP still has concerns, primarily forest fires, but also some liability. There are some structures that they never-never want to see on their land and we need to respect that. Getting those resolved is a work in progress.

I'll see what I can find out abut the signs.