Circuit 8/LSCR - how boggy?

May 9, 2011, 1:09 p.m.

Last time I rode Circuit 8 was at least 12 months ago. I believe there's been some trail work in that area (is that true?).
Just wondering whether anyone knows how resilient the trails are now…

Also, I seem to remember there were some relatively new hardpack trails on the left hand side of Lillooet Rd as you ride up to the filtration plant, but the hardcore just stopped. Anyone know whether this trail was finished off (I guess this was built by Metro Vancouver rather than a mountain-biker!)
(Again, last time I rode that gravel hardpack trail was about 18 months ago…)

May 9, 2011, 2:33 p.m.

Prestonium and maybe Wilkes are working out at Circuit 8 this summer, maybe they'll chime in

I ride through the Lilloet trails fairly often and I haven't seen any recent work

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 9, 2011, 2:45 p.m.

On the west side of the road and south of the baden powell is DNV. They graveled the BP put and put in two bridges on Serra's trail that heads south paralleling the road. They started to gravel it but it wasn't finished the last time I rode in Dec.

Lots of standing water on the trails though.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

May 9, 2011, 2:47 p.m.

still a few muddy holes on C8, but it's improving. I'd leave it alone a couple days after heavy rain though.

May 9, 2011, 4:22 p.m.

I'd leave it alone a couple days after heavy rain though.

Does it ever stop raining long enough to dry out Circuit 8??? ;)

Will try the area described by Sharon in the meantime…

May 9, 2011, 4:41 p.m.

nobody said anything about waiting for it to dry out. that'd take eons.

May 10, 2011, 9:29 a.m.

Yeah Serra's is a mud pit. Ever since the bridge and gravel went in, it became popular and has become worn down. Never used to get this bad whn just a few mountain bikers used it. The School Boys/Juryn loops are in better shape but still a bit wet in places.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 10, 2011, 1:38 p.m.

Also, I seem to remember there were some relatively new hardpack trails on the left hand side of Lillooet Rd as you ride up to the filtration plant, but the hardcore just stopped. Anyone know whether this trail was finished off (I guess this was built by Metro Vancouver rather than a mountain-biker!)
(Again, last time I rode that gravel hardpack trail was about 18 months ago…)

Well, had a look around again last night and that trail I was referring to is actually the Baden Powell re-route. There is a short gravel spur off this but it just petters out into a very messy bog which I guess is Serra's or at least heads in that direction…

May 10, 2011, 2:47 p.m.

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I live in north van and have no idea where these trails are. I run in Rice lake regularly and have ridden the fishermans trail but what and where is circut 8. I have tried looking for trail maps but these trails are not listed anywhere I can find them.

Can someone please help point me in the right direction.

Thanks

May 10, 2011, 2:49 p.m.

its on the lower seymour conservation reserve map

http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/maps/Maps/LSCRTrailMap.pdf

May 10, 2011, 3:20 p.m.

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I live in north van and have no idea where these trails are. I run in Rice lake regularly and have ridden the fishermans trail but what and where is circut 8. I have tried looking for trail maps but these trails are not listed anywhere I can find them.

Can someone please help point me in the right direction.

Thanks

soon you will have the resource you need…

May 10, 2011, 9:23 p.m.

There has been some new work done on the John Thompson side this year. We've had two trail days with Rocky Mountain and got some good work done, but there is still a ton of work to be done before the trail will be wet weather friendly. By the end of the summer you can expect to see the trail become a super fun beginner loop!

That said, the John Thompson side stays fairly dry in the wet and makes a nice loop before dropping down to Fisherman's Trail :)

May 12, 2011, 7:41 p.m.

soon you will have the resource you need…

Do tell!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

May 12, 2011, 8:32 p.m.

Do tell!

ok!

May 12, 2011, 8:38 p.m.

ok!

Out of stock…WTF???

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.