Burnaby Mountain 2015

Nov. 27, 2015, 1:02 p.m.

What new trail EcoRiva? The new climber?

Yes, I think that is how many people refer to it. The names are Sidewinder and Sidebandit.

fall any fall line

Dec. 11, 2015, 8:33 p.m.

Yes, I think that is how many people refer to it. The names are Sidewinder and Sidebandit.

Wait, what? You mean the from curve on Galardi up to water tower road has been compleat?

Where is trailhead at bottom?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 12, 2015, 3:34 p.m.

Wait, what? You mean the from curve on Galardi up to water tower road has been compleat?

Where is trailhead at bottom?

Sorry tungsten, I didn't mean that at all. That bottom section seems to still be under construction (I was last there Dec 8th) and I don't know where the bottom trailhead will be. I was only talking about the two sections above that, which have both been done for over a year, or is it already 2. I can tell you are eager for the full climb to be in place. Going by how long it took them to build Sidewinder and Sidebandit, completion should be close. However, I have a foggy memory that they didn't open any new sections in the middle of the rainy season. I'm really not sure of that though.

fall any fall line

Dec. 13, 2015, 4:33 p.m.

Whew! =/

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 14, 2015, 9:06 p.m.

The new leg of the trail up has a temporary entrance just off Gaglardi Way (and west of the Nicoles).

The remaining leg is supposed to come all the way down to Nicoles, so you won't have to ride on the road at all, but the remaining section won't be done until Spring/Summer 2016.

The new trail is a nice easy climb, and very scenic.

Dec. 15, 2015, 2:16 a.m.

The new leg of the trail up has a temporary entrance just off Gaglardi Way (and west of the Nicoles).

The remaining leg is supposed to come all the way down to Nicoles, so you won't have to ride on the road at all, but the remaining section won't be done until Spring/Summer 2016.

I can't wait that long, though I will. I typically start from North Road parking and climb by way of TCT, or I start at the top and ride down these new trails before riding right back up them. It is going to be great to be able to ride all the way to the bottom and then climb back; but it will be even better to start from the Gaglardi Way parking strip and hit dirt right away. This little mountain just gets better.

As for the character of these trails, I admit I was dissappointed at first. However, I appreciate the variety now: you can really rip down them (plenty of off-camber cornering practice), and the climbs are civil to say the least.

fall any fall line

Dec. 17, 2015, 11:17 a.m.

Snifffff….I would never ride down them. :o

They working today bobcat and all………

Jan. 2, 2016, 12:37 a.m.

Yes did that today and enjoyed it very much. Thanks again CoB and anyone who was advocating for that to be built.
I guess (hope?) they'll finish that bridge and surface the trail through that muddy area just uphill of said bridge before knocking off for the season.
That "temporary" entrance could be just left there since it connects to the uphill end of the widened "parking" lane on Galardi, instead of decommissioning it upon completion of trail.