Burnaby Mountain 2014

Feb. 6, 2014, 6:44 p.m.

That new pond is lined, so won't add to the hydraulic flows. .

That was my thinking. How could it not be and be up to code?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 13, 2014, 2:38 p.m.

My understanding is all repairs to infrastructure contributing to the heavy erosion will be completed by tomorrow. Then the trail can dry out and ideally, restoration will begin. If I hear back from CoB, I'll post when the repairs will be made.

Feb. 16, 2014, 11:53 a.m.

Skerric [HTML_REMOVED] Mud (aka Ben [HTML_REMOVED] Jerry's) has a tree fall, 3/4 of the way down the trail (too large to lift).

Nahenoo Park, gentleman took a spill this morning off the A-frame, he missed the off camber exit, went up one side and then right off the other side missing that off camber board-not sure if the down sloping board has been twisted even more off camber. It may be appropriate to asses this feature for safety.

Nicoles, the trail fairies have been out doing some more magic, cleaning up some of those loose eroded muddy corners-thanks!

Feb. 16, 2014, 11:56 a.m.

Skerric [HTML_REMOVED] Mud (aka Ben [HTML_REMOVED] Jerry's) has a tree fall, 3/4 of the way down the trail (too large to lift).

Nahenoo Park, gentleman took a spill this morning off the A-frame, he missed the off camber exit, went up one side and then right off the other side missing that off camber board-not sure if the down sloping board has been twisted even more off camber. It may be appropriate to asses this feature for safety.

Nicoles, the trail fairies have been out doing some more magic, cleaning up some of those loose eroded muddy corners-thanks!

that thing should be pulled altogether. it's completely stupid to have a hidden down ramp that's narrower than the up ramp and off centre to boot, esp on a beginner level trail. just dumb trail building.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 16, 2014, 8:39 p.m.

that thing should be pulled altogether. it's completely stupid to have a hidden down ramp that's narrower than the up ramp and off centre to boot, esp on a beginner level trail. just dumb trail building.

Agreed.

Feb. 16, 2014, 9:52 p.m.

naheeno is not city property, it's sfu. no idea who built that a-frame, it's been sketch from day one but it's been there for a few years. will see what can be done about getting the tree removed.

tree has been cleared from b[HTML_REMOVED]j

Feb. 25, 2014, 9:26 a.m.

Water flows onto GJ are fixed and corrected. The City will likely not get onto GJ until the wet season is over and some upstream work is done to facilitate future flows, which will mitigate the drainage issues that have always plagued GJ.

Feb. 25, 2014, 12:36 p.m.

Water flows onto GJ are fixed and corrected. The City will likely not get onto GJ until the wet season is over and some upstream work is done to facilitate future flows, which will mitigate the drainage issues that have always plagued GJ.

Thanks for the update. Good to see that Gear Jammer is starting to get restored

:japan:

Feb. 25, 2014, 8:05 p.m.

B[HTML_REMOVED]J/S[HTML_REMOVED]M: Tree down about a 1/3 of the way through, and another right near the exit to the Trans Canada.

Feb. 26, 2014, 6:58 p.m.

Burnaby is good to go for night rides? Snow not too deep?

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Feb. 27, 2014, 9:58 a.m.

Maybe by tomorrow for the upper trails. still a bit of a slog today.

March 1, 2014, 10:55 a.m.

Any recent reports on Mel's and the North Road trails?

flickr

March 1, 2014, 1:07 p.m.

Any recent reports on Mel's and the North Road trails?

rode north road yesterday and there's only few patches of snow on first trail but rest of it is clear.

March 3, 2014, 11:38 a.m.

Rode TC Climb up to the campus Saturday; all rideable, some slushy / icy spots you had to power through, but rideable. The big yellow caution signs were a shocker to see at GJ…now I know why. Nicoles was in fantastic shape!

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

March 3, 2014, 12:16 p.m.

big yellow caution signs ….at GJ…

I thought it was closed, now it's open?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.