Burke Mtn. (2012)

Nov. 26, 2012, 9:50 a.m.

I hear ya… I think if you dug out the trench on each side and tried diverting the water up top it should hold up longer and make for a better ride. Super fun and gnarly with small bike yesterday.

:canada:

Nov. 26, 2012, 11:21 a.m.

the water flow is a constant nuisance…some time has been spent on diverting the big creek to keep it from over flowing down the line. There are multiple spots where the water just springs up from the ground…..overall with the fall line ride that it is, it hasn't really gotten all that worse over the last 5 or so years, steep,tight track-stand corners sketchy roots,gnarly is better no? …….it will be progressing for the better over the next few seasons. Good thing there's lots of other lines to ride there.

The snow has arrived! Yaaaay!

"God gave me eyes so I don't ride my bike thru dog poop right dad?" <- my 11 year-old ->

..`Good times come and good times go,
I only wish the good times would last a little longer.."-Mike Ness

Nov. 26, 2012, 1:04 p.m.

the water flow is a constant nuisance…some time has been spent on diverting the big creek to keep it from over flowing down the line. There are multiple spots where the water just springs up from the ground…..overall with the fall line ride that it is, it hasn't really gotten all that worse over the last 5 or so years, steep,tight track-stand corners sketchy roots,gnarly is better no? …….it will be progressing for the better over the next few seasons. Good thing there's lots of other lines to ride there.

The snow has arrived! Yaaaay!

GOC as an alternate. I can imagine elevator as a maintenace night-mare. Old skool like that is still fun, but added volume certainly isn't helping!

Nov. 26, 2012, 2:54 p.m.

GOC as an alternate. I can imagine elevator as a maintenace night-mare. Old skool like that is still fun, but added volume certainly isn't helping!

ya…..the other lines close by definitely pull the traffic away…….always room for improvement/updates though.

"God gave me eyes so I don't ride my bike thru dog poop right dad?" <- my 11 year-old ->

Nov. 27, 2012, 3:08 p.m.

GOC is a no go… you can't access the hydro road at the end of the trail as there are too many trees to cross.

:canada:

Nov. 27, 2012, 6:38 p.m.

[HTML_REMOVED]insert sarcasm……here[HTML_REMOVED]Those will be bridged and a-framed across over the next few weeks……..;)

Nov. 27, 2012, 9:47 p.m.

Those will be bridged and a-framed across over the next few weeks……..;)

:woot:

Nov. 28, 2012, 7:49 a.m.

I'll drink to that!

Nov. 28, 2012, 12:43 p.m.

Went to go for a ride up Burke today and they had a guy posted at the gate turning people back. I tried to get some info out of him as to whether there would be more closures or not and he was unsure. I told him that people often travel to get to Burke to ride or hike and they could be very disappointed to be turned away. He said he would try and get some info…..so if anyone hears anything please post up. Lets hope it's only a one day thing.

Nov. 28, 2012, 2:27 p.m.

What kind of guy? Like an official Parks guy or a construction guy or a guy from the shooting range?

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Nov. 28, 2012, 2:39 p.m.

Went to go for a ride up Burke today and they had a guy posted at the gate turning people back.

Ya, who are 'they' and what authority did the 'guy' have… sounds kinda fishy.

If he wasn't in uniform it wasn't BC parks.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 28, 2012, 2:42 p.m.

It was likely Mrs. Whitehonky. She rides there so much she's starting to think she owns that place.

Nov. 28, 2012, 2:43 p.m.

The Gatekeeper…he who holds The KEY….. is more than just "a guy"…..

Nov. 28, 2012, 3:13 p.m.

oh it was nothing official. He was pretty nice about the whole thing and said they were doing some work and asked if we could stay out. I'm sure we could have barged past and kept going, but why? went and did some trail work down below on Hustler.

Nov. 28, 2012, 7:35 p.m.

The "work" they were doing could be burying the bodies from their latest killing spree… :devil::evil::dead: