Burke Mountain Conditions

Aug. 9, 2018, 9:20 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

Next time I hear people complain about climbing on Fromme/Seymour, I will direct them to Burke... the pedal from the bottom of Hustler up to Triple Crown is freaking steep in spots! Rode Triple Crown, a couple trails not on Trailforks so not sure it's kosher to name them (even though they were signed?), Ridden Art, Recycle, over to Frank's (not worth it, cut-off half way for construction) and then Hustler. Very cool and well built trails, fun mix of fall line steeps, tech moves, woodwork and flow/jumps on the extremely well built Recycle.

Solid two hour ride including some rests on the climb. Good grip on the upper trails, very dusty and loose on the lower, had two crashes blowing through slippery corners. Will definitely be back in fall/spring when there's some moisture. Another great trail network ~40 minutes from home, and no bridges/Sea to Sky traffic fuckery to worry about!

I really like the trails on Burke but only ride there a couple times a year. Ridden Art to Recycle (which is a pretty short route in terms of distance) seems to have more little jumps/drops than all of Fromme. Why can't they build trails like that on the Shore?!?!

Aug. 10, 2018, 11:26 a.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Posted by: grambo

Next time I hear people complain about climbing on Fromme/Seymour, I will direct them to Burke... the pedal from the bottom of Hustler up to Triple Crown is freaking steep in spots! Rode Triple Crown, a couple trails not on Trailforks so not sure it's kosher to name them (even though they were signed?), Ridden Art, Recycle, over to Frank's (not worth it, cut-off half way for construction) and then Hustler. Very cool and well built trails, fun mix of fall line steeps, tech moves, woodwork and flow/jumps on the extremely well built Recycle.

Solid two hour ride including some rests on the climb. Good grip on the upper trails, very dusty and loose on the lower, had two crashes blowing through slippery corners. Will definitely be back in fall/spring when there's some moisture. Another great trail network ~40 minutes from home, and no bridges/Sea to Sky traffic fuckery to worry about!

I really like the trails on Burke but only ride there a couple times a year. Ridden Art to Recycle (which is a pretty short route in terms of distance) seems to have more little jumps/drops than all of Fromme. Why can't they build trails like that on the Shore?!?!

I agree, so many jumps on those trails. Guessing land managers on the shore don't like gap jumps due to consequence? Boogie Nights you can pretty much case without wrecking yourself. From what I know Burke is still unsanctioned and agreement with BC Parks is still in progress?

Dec. 4, 2018, 9:14 a.m.

Top of Harper has ice and snow on the side of the trail

It wont be long till its snow covered

Last edited by: ehfour on Dec. 4, 2018, 9:14 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 23, 2020, 3:35 p.m.

Looking to visit soon! What's the parking situation for the area - can I park at the bottom of Garbage and climb Harper Road Access from there?

June 24, 2020, 5:28 a.m.

Posted by: DanL

Looking to visit soon! What's the parking situation for the area - can I park at the bottom of Garbage and climb Harper Road Access from there?

Lower if you don’t go early. Busy on the weekends, but where isn’t.