Burke Mountain Conditions

Jan. 26, 2017, 9:02 a.m.

Anyone know what the snow situation is like on Burke these days? Going to be in the area this weekend and was thinking about bringing my bike. Is it worth it?

Jan. 26, 2017, 12:38 p.m.

Only the lowest trails below Harper Rd are rideable.

Jan. 26, 2017, 2:43 p.m.

Only the lowest trails below Harper Rd are rideable.

Thanks Sparkplug. Just to clarify - does that include trails like Braap, Dawg, and Franks? Only rode the mountain once so not too familiar with it.

Also, by "rideable" does that mean relatively dry and free of snow?

Jan. 26, 2017, 6:17 p.m.

If theres any blowdown let me know please

Jan. 26, 2017, 6:50 p.m.

We cleared the trees off Dawg, Hustler, Fluid. Frank's still had trees down on it a few weeks ago. And yes, by the lower trails, I mean Fluid, Flow, Braap, Ray Ray's, Green Bastard, Dawg [HTML_REMOVED] Hustler. They are draining well now and should be fun to ride. The road is a mess trying to get any higher on the mountain.

Jan. 26, 2017, 9:03 p.m.

If theres any blowdown let me know please

Bullet Dodger in the worst way. I'll be back from Sedona on Wednesday to lend a hand, you'll need it.

Jan. 26, 2017, 10:34 p.m.

Bullet Dodger in the worst way. I'll be back from Sedona on Wednesday to lend a hand, you'll need it.

Upper or lower,

Start from the falls? or from up harper.

Jan. 26, 2017, 10:42 p.m.

Shuttle trail clearing. If there's a ton of trees likely easier to start from top and work your way down. My knees would hate me if I hiked up and back down. I'd help too but sadly I'm at work.

Jan. 26, 2017, 10:48 p.m.

Shuttle trail clearing. If there's a ton of trees likely easier to start from top and work your way down. My knees would hate me if I hiked up and back down. I'd help too but sadly I'm at work.

When're you back in

Jan. 31, 2017, 12:01 p.m.

Hey Simon yeah the tree is right at the beginning so I'd park at the gun range and work my way down.

Feb. 13, 2017, 4:24 p.m.

A few years since we had a Burke conditions thread here eh?
Have the lost shovels been found?

A fantastic last 4 days up the hill. A little digging and clearing, a lot of riding.
Only saw a handful of riders all weekend. :???:
Everything below the top of BBT is clear of snow, although I'm guessing Franks has snow due to lack of tree cover.

Does anyone know if the trees on BD have been cleared?

Looks like a week of rain in the forecast. If you choose to ride in the rain/wet please make wise choices in the trails you ride unless you want the trails to turn to crap, or be rocked, top to bottom like many shore trails, providing people are actually willing to do that.

Chainsmoker 8)

Feb. 13, 2017, 9:34 p.m.

Was going to go clear them today but ended up clearing trees in Bert Flinn.

Like you say, the eastern most part of Franks has snow, but I noticed tire tracks on Sunday, that weren't there Sat. Id say its somewhat rideable.

BBT looked very good.

Feb. 14, 2017, 7:24 p.m.

Only reasonable day this week appears to be saturday, I'll be hiking Bullet dodger as i didn't get out this weekend, anywhere else that needs a saw, let me know I'll make my best effort.

July 31, 2018, 10:26 a.m.

Never been but thinking of checking out Burke this weekend as I gotta be somewhat close to home and traffic back from Squamish is a crap shoot on long weekends. I see a lot of the trails are on Trailforks now... can someone recommend me a ~2-2.5 hour loop? For me that's 12-15km 700m vert kind numbers. Prefer tech single track/rock rolls/rooty/steeps, ok with small/medium jumps but not sending big ok on double black as long as not huge exposure/consequences. Watched some YouTube and Ridden Art, Recycle, Six/Big Boy Time look fun.

cheers guys

Aug. 8, 2018, 1:10 p.m.

Next time I hear people complain about climbing on Fromme/Seymour, I will direct them to Burke... the pedal from the bottom of Hustler up to Triple Crown is freaking steep in spots! Rode Triple Crown, a couple trails not on Trailforks so not sure it's kosher to name them (even though they were signed?), Ridden Art, Recycle, over to Frank's (not worth it, cut-off half way for construction) and then Hustler. Very cool and well built trails, fun mix of fall line steeps, tech moves, woodwork and flow/jumps on the extremely well built Recycle.

Solid two hour ride including some rests on the climb. Good grip on the upper trails, very dusty and loose on the lower, had two crashes blowing through slippery corners. Will definitely be back in fall/spring when there's some moisture. Another great trail network ~40 minutes from home, and no bridges/Sea to Sky traffic fuckery to worry about!