Burke 2013 Conditions

May 3, 2013, 9:13 a.m.

Upper/Lower Vics clear?

:canada:

May 3, 2013, 9:18 a.m.

was going to clear it on weds, but ran out of time. Not sure of its status.

edit. If you do ride it, send me a PM please and let me know if trees are down.

May 3, 2013, 8:03 p.m.

Name of the trail left of Flow? Nice work.

what are you calling Flow? In that part of the hill there's only Flow and Hustler.

May 5, 2013, 5:17 p.m.

what are you calling Flow? In that part of the hill there's only Flow and Hustler.

Thanks for the clarity on the pm… i "think" i've got it straight now! :rocker:

Funny times with the moto-crew today. About 1:30, a couple mx bikers were set to rip up the mountain all pimpin' with the jeans and tank tops when the Conservation Officer whips up the road with lights a-flashin and tells them to put the toys away. Some sca-fuffling about and the "I've been doin' this for 10 years" stuff, but they weren't riding their moto's anywhere this afternoon.

May 5, 2013, 9:01 p.m.

thats actually pretty nice to hear

May 5, 2013, 10:19 p.m.

Had a quick lap on Braap and a trail that starts with a log ride to drop in at the entrance, great trails and in awesome shape

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 7, 2013, 8:41 a.m.

Thanks for the clarity on the pm… i "think" i've got it straight now! :rocker:

Funny times with the moto-crew today. About 1:30, a couple mx bikers were set to rip up the mountain all pimpin' with the jeans and tank tops when the Conservation Officer whips up the road with lights a-flashin and tells them to put the toys away. Some sca-fuffling about and the "I've been doin' this for 10 years" stuff, but they weren't riding their moto's anywhere this afternoon.

Good to hear as well but I think they just moved over to Eagle and rode a few of our mtn bike trails?

May 7, 2013, 1:17 p.m.

So just to clarify, motos and quads are not even allowed to ride on the access roads?

I don't think I've ever ridden Burke and not seen a moto/quad somewhere. To be fair, they've always been friendly to me and slowed down to keep the dust down as they pass. DIdn't see any evidence of them riding the trails.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 7, 2013, 9:33 p.m.

So just to clarify, motos and quads are not even allowed to ride on the access roads?

I don't think I've ever ridden Burke and not seen a moto/quad somewhere. To be fair, they've always been friendly to me and slowed down to keep the dust down as they pass. DIdn't see any evidence of them riding the trails.

Not since it's been declared a Provincial Park. Signs right at the gate, but enforcement is so lax, it's really not respected.

But I agree, most are just burning up and down the roads and are mostly respectful of climbing mtb'rs and hikers. Although we've also seen many that just blast by. And then there's those that are riding on the trails…..

May 8, 2013, 12:59 p.m.

Not since it's been declared a Provincial Park. Signs right at the gate, but enforcement is so lax, it's really not respected.

But I agree, most are just burning up and down the roads and are mostly respectful of climbing mtb'rs and hikers. Although we've also seen many that just blast by. And then there's those that are riding on the trails…..

The cabin owners have gate keys and drive the road.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

May 8, 2013, 2:36 p.m.

the cabin owners and all there friends and family have a gate key judging by the ammount of sleds i've seen up there.

May 8, 2013, 3:40 p.m.

I don't think you need a cabin up there to get a key…just be a member of the snowmobile club.

http://bcsf.org/operator/burke-mountain-snowmobile-association?page=3[HTML_REMOVED]quicktabs_recent_user_content=2

May 17, 2013, 2:24 p.m.

Someone was on a quad at and around the gate, made a good mess of parts of the road, and then some mess a little lower down. Unfortunately, my friend hurt his thumb, and before we hit Brapp etc…so I didn't get to see if the quad had made it into there…
Franks was in AMAZING shape…great work up there…

May 17, 2013, 11:15 p.m.

Rode burke the other day….wow that new road changes things!

Thinking about doing a big loop on sun/mon bean nescafe…….how they looking?

Was also thinking of finishing up on the connector. Anyone ride that this year? I have not and am unsure if its clear.

Appreciate any updates or pm on details

Cheers

Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

May 18, 2013, 7:17 a.m.

Rode burke the other day….wow that new road changes things!

Thinking about doing a big loop on sun/mon bean nescafe…….how they looking?

Was also thinking of finishing up on the connector. Anyone ride that this year? I have not and am unsure if its clear.

Appreciate any updates or pm on details

Cheers

The end of Nescafé ends in the clearcut now but easy enough to navigate out. Connector is great, sounds like a great loop.