Burke 2013 Conditions

April 15, 2013, 1:09 a.m.

Sounds like we were there a bit before you. We were climbing up Harper and passed a couple of riders just before the switchback loading bikes into their truck. They warned us about the gunshots in the area near Conifer and said they had called the police already.

Police cars went by us shortly after; we had a brief conversation with them when it was obvious they weren't quite sure where to go. They drove off and we caught up again a few minutes later, at Conifer. Heard several shots go off that definitely were not from the range.

The police proceeded to stop all traffic from going any further, so we turned around and headed down to go in at the switchback and climb up Galloway.

Don't know what happened after that. Too bad about the incident with the moto guys. Would be laughable if the ladder bridge collapsed under their weight landing them completely in the ditch.

April 15, 2013, 5:50 a.m.

With the amount of loose rocks on Slayer. I'm now thinking the motos were probably exiting the trail. Very disappointing as the trail is in rough shape as of late.

Chainsmoker 8)

April 30, 2013, 10:29 a.m.

Has anyone been up past Triple Crown yet to know where the snow starts to disappear? I feel like it's been fairly dry and warm and am curious to hear if anyone has gone exploring.

thanks!

April 30, 2013, 10:32 a.m.

I feel like it's been fairly dry and warm and am curious to hear if anyone has gone exploring.

Warm?!?!

It was 2 deg. overnight and there was fresh snow on the NS mtns Sunday night/Monday morning.

It has been sunny and nice during the day though.

April 30, 2013, 12:14 p.m.

there was a foot of snow at the corner by triple crown last thursday. bare til just past vics. peeps are still snowmobiling up top, past triple.

April 30, 2013, 1:30 p.m.

Yup. Snow from the switchback just after the upper green gates. You'll be pretty much walking the bike past that point. No point riding Upper TC anyway, as the first 1/3 of the trail is filled with blowdown and the lower 2/3 is clearcut and you'll be bushwhacking. Even the trails higher up will hit this clearcut.

The new road that heads up to the middle section of TC is now a faster way up than the old way around the NE side of the mountain.

April 30, 2013, 2:29 p.m.

i cleared upper triple last week, good to go til the clearcut. the loggers might be moving the mess by the clearcut so im leaving that.

April 30, 2013, 3:17 p.m.

i cleared upper triple last week, good to go til the clearcut. the loggers might be moving the mess by the clearcut so im leaving that.

Good on you! Much appreciated. Are you the guy that's posted the signs?

April 30, 2013, 3:43 p.m.

the signs are by clown

April 30, 2013, 9:06 p.m.

Yup. Snow from the switchback just after the upper green gates. You'll be pretty much walking the bike past that point. No point riding Upper TC anyway, as the first 1/3 of the trail is filled with blowdown and the lower 2/3 is clearcut and you'll be bushwhacking. Even the trails higher up will hit this clearcut.

The new road that heads up to the middle section of TC is now a faster way up than the old way around the NE side of the mountain.

I thought that route to the middle of triple would br awesome… Then I tried it last week. Turns out for now at least the road doesn't go through there and instead stops at a new foundation for a future tower. Hopefully this keeps others from trying. Instead me and my buddy took the opportunity to pretend to be Kovarik, blasted some skids down the fire road to the first trail head we hit.

Lots of good work going on with Burke these days. Send me a message if you need an extra set of hands one weekend.

May 1, 2013, 6:24 a.m.

A couple days back while loading the bike up at the hairpin a couple of quads SCREEMED by going down. They must live in a house close by. One was a very expensive (yellow) can am renegade. Both riders were in full armor.

Hopefully they respect our trails before they get their quads impounded.
In one pass they could trash a trail.

Post up if you see any obvious quad damage to our trails.

Chainsmoker 8)

May 1, 2013, 3:40 p.m.

Great to meet you the other day - Love the dawg…and your dog…

May 1, 2013, 4:56 p.m.

Hopefully they respect our trails before they get their quads impounded.

I will hope, but have little hope!

May 1, 2013, 6:04 p.m.

Hey V, good meeting you guys on the Garbage trail.

Rode a lot of trails today and did not see any quad tracks.
The roads up there would bore a serious quad rider in minutes.

Franks was the highlight today :rocker:

Chainsmoker 8)

May 3, 2013, 9:01 a.m.

Name of the trail left of Flow? Nice work.