Burke 2013 Conditions

Jan. 22, 2013, 8:35 a.m.

franks is a mess? which line? rode the far right last night and it was fantastic. someone's been doing work on it as well (i assume frank)

Sorry, didn't mean to exaggerate… Frank is very ride-able, but it seemed that both the left and right seemed to have patches right at the mud point that may get trashed by fast and heavy riders.

:bandit:

Jan. 22, 2013, 8:41 a.m.

It's been that way every winter since I've been riding mtb's. It just one of those trails that you don't ride when it's wet, it's just not enjoyable.

I learned that hard way. My first time riding that trail. Decided it might be more fun going down there rather than the street since I pedal up from all the way from bottom of Coast Meridian.

I got a bit stressed too because it was almost 5pm, and I wasn't sure where exactly Flywheel ends up. It was a much longer descent than I thought, and having to carry bike for half it… got worried I'll run out of day light, and at that point I was too far down to head back up.

Jan. 22, 2013, 9:19 a.m.

You think the dirt is wet now (ie: mud) wait a couple more days. The recent conditions have been fantastic. We may not see these conditions for many many weeks.

Hopefully all the trail work we have been doing to get the h2o off the trails ASAP will pay off this winter - spring.

I don't think anyone is working on flywheel so if you don't want to ride through the mud, build up the trail bed or build some bridges yourself.

Gonna get my fill today.

Chainsmoker 8)

Jan. 22, 2013, 12:02 p.m.

I don't think anyone is working on flywheel so if you don't want to ride through the mud, build up the trail bed or build some bridges yourself.

Gonna get my fill today.

Have fun!

P.S. I didn't mean to sound like I'm expecting magical gnomes to fixing up any trails for my royal ass. The Burke network I'm discovering is fantastic, muddy or not.

Jan. 22, 2013, 1:35 p.m.

Have fun!

P.S. I didn't mean to sound like I'm expecting magical gnomes to fixing up any trails for my royal ass. The Burke network I'm discovering is fantastic, muddy or not.

Had a great ride thanks. Hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way.
It was more or less a general comment that if you would like to see improvements on a trail that no one is looking after then maybe do something about it. We discuss trail work on the TORCC site for the most part.

Chainsmoker 8)

Jan. 22, 2013, 5:12 p.m.

Isn't flywheel going to be condos soon. I have thought it would be a great trail to work on but it's kinda useless if it's going to be developed in 6 months.

Feb. 17, 2013, 8:49 p.m.

Road up and down franks last weekend, trail was fantastic for the most part - For this time of year, absolutely nothing to complain about…

March 24, 2013, 3:22 p.m.

Rode Lower Elevator, Ridden Art, Garbage, Braap and Hustler and all are in amazing shape! Bring on spring! :)

March 25, 2013, 12:41 p.m.

Rode Lower Elevator, Ridden Art, Garbage, Braap and Hustler and all are in amazing shape! Bring on spring! :)

Us to yesterday - Trail's are just outrageously good…We hit Franks to finish it as well…outstanding condition…

March 25, 2013, 2:27 p.m.

big shout out to all the trail fairies up there clearing and maintaining the trails. Amazing work.

:canada:

March 27, 2013, 2:29 p.m.

Any info on the snowline? Are bean and vic's rideable.

March 27, 2013, 4:18 p.m.

Bean, Nescafe would have been cleared if my pull cord didn't break on the first group of trees at the bottom of Nescafe today.
The road into bean has 2.5 feet of snow and the top third of bean is not ridable. The rest of the two trails have lots of trees down. The bottom of Nescafe at the power lines could be cleared by a small group. The bottom of Lower Vics is not recognizable and imposable to pass right now.

Chainsmoker 8)

March 27, 2013, 6:36 p.m.

That sucks about your pull cable breaking right at the start of the day.
It is crazy how much debris and downfall are on some of the trails this year. I spent a about half an hour clearing newly downed branches and stuff off of lower triple and the entrance to slayer on my ride today. I think I will have to bring a rake instead of a bike next time I head up there.

I am free for a good portion of the rest of the week and weekend if you wanting/needing some help with the those trees on nescafe. I unfortunately don't have a working chainsaw at the moment but can provide an extra set of hands. Just let me know through a Pm.

Also thanks for you work up there, it much appreciated.

March 27, 2013, 6:51 p.m.

That sucks about your pull cable breaking right at the start of the day.
It is crazy how much debris and downfall are on some of the trails this year. I spent a about half an hour clearing newly downed branches and stuff off of lower triple and the entrance to slayer on my ride today. I think I will have to bring a rake instead of a bike next time I head up there.

I am free for a good portion of the rest of the week and weekend if you wanting/needing some help with the those trees on nescafe. I unfortunately don't have a working chainsaw at the moment but can provide an extra set of hands. Just let me know through a Pm.

Also thanks for you work up there, it much appreciated.

No prob, probably going to wait for some melt to head back up. There is still over a foot at the top of Bean. They will need clearing and raking. I'll shoot you a message.

Chainsmoker 8)

April 14, 2013, 4:38 p.m.

An eventful afternoon was had today.

Three police cruisers were parked at Conifer and they were out hiking, looking for someone firing guns near the cell tower, Franks trail area.
Police said the caller was sure it was not from the gun range.

Later coming down Slayer something caught my eye at the Red R exit.
I backed up to see 2 dirt bikers trying to get across the ladder bridge from the road.
They dropped one of their bikes half in the ditch. After they pulled it out, I explained that all the single track were mtb trails and motos cause damage and they were unlawfully riding in a provincial park.
After getting laughed at I grabbed my camera. Smile asshole.
Ten minutes later the guy roosted me with rocks and gravel as I was climbing up to lower elevator. Kawasaki 2 stroke. The guy on the yami (not pictured) didn't say a word.
Other than that had an awesome ride!!!

Chainsmoker 8)