Bear Mtn Trail conditions 2013

Jan. 20, 2013, 5:24 p.m.

figured what the hell there,s threads for other FV spots and i road Bear MTN DH course yesterday .

the mutt and i hiked up and did a quick hit on the DH course at Bear , the trail is in killer condition little to no mud m some sketchy frosty spots here and there but other then that it,s prime wish racedays where this prime LOL .

at the end of the ride i ran into a coupe old buddies from back in the day Todd K and Brian O and his lady friend they where up working on getting Jolly Rancher back into riding condition and had cleared all the windfalls and on the DH course and spent some time on the berms and other areas that needed some work , thanx guys sure nice too see and ride .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 29, 2013, 3:48 p.m.

Hiked up wasp to lorax. A bit of snow until the clear cut. Probably best to wait till it melts a bit more.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Feb. 1, 2013, 4:43 p.m.

If anyone wants to do some laps Sunday post up in here. Me and randomhero (john) are heading up

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Feb. 2, 2013, 5:14 p.m.

the kid and my mutt and i rode the DH course and Lorax today , Lorax is in killer condition , damn near dry 95% and fast , DH course is in good condition as well wetter in spots but still worth ripping , my only complaint is stunned hikers that freeze in their tracks when you come up on them .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 2, 2013, 9:36 p.m.

Rode Lorax and Jolly Rancher today. we cleared a big tree off Lorax. 4 guys and gravity help slide it off the trail. The work Todd has been doing on Jolly Rancher is much appreciated.

Feb. 2, 2013, 10:36 p.m.

Rode Lorax and Jolly Rancher today. we cleared a big tree off Lorax. 4 guys and gravity help slide it off the trail. The work Brian and Karla have been doing on Jolly Rancher is much appreciated.

FYP

Feb. 3, 2013, 8:07 a.m.

Rode Lorax and Jolly Rancher today. we cleared a big tree off Lorax. 4 guys and gravity help slide it off the trail. The work Todd has been doing on Jolly Rancher is much appreciated.

is it 100% ridable ?? i chatted with Brian O and Todd a couple weeks back and they told me a couple more months before it was ready for action again

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 3, 2013, 4:05 p.m.

Lorax and Jolly were in great shape to ride today. thinking the above post regarding the 2 months thing is talking about final completion of Jolly , but what was rideable today was money.

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

Feb. 3, 2013, 4:51 p.m.

cool will have to check it out next weekend

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 3, 2013, 11:30 p.m.

Does Anyone know Todds email ?

March 10, 2013, 3:27 p.m.

note to self , do not hike up Jolly Rancher LOL what a grind LOL , anyways hiked up and road JR today , nothing like a remember from the original trail i rode all the time back in the day ( late 90,s early 00,s ). stacked it pretty good in the tight single track in the clear cut , kinda lost the trail with all the over growth and was over the bars pretty damn quickly LOL .
we also spent a good 1/2hr or so clearing as much of the short section above the road , it,s rid-able apart from the tree that is blown over just as the trail crosses the road , the upper section with all the bridgework is unrid-able due to blow overs and there is also no real start for that section as well as it,s all grown over .

looking forward to spending more time on the trail in the future , .

Big PROPS to B.O. and his lady and T.K. for the hard work invested in the trail , also tons of fresh work at the bottom of the DH course as well , looking good guys thanx

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 29, 2013, 2:32 p.m.

rode Jolly Rancher today with Gord aka crashdad , trail is a killer condition , there is new trail marker signs at the start of all the trails on Bear now , we also rode Arduum on RED , that trail is in really good condition apart from a couple windfalls that are above the big drop

#northsidetrailbuilders

April 22, 2013, 9:06 p.m.

Any more recent updates? I've never ridden on Bear, but thinking of heading up on Friday…

We are on all mtn's so enjoy a good peddle climb…any advice?

thanks guys

April 22, 2013, 10:54 p.m.

Check out www.gutsploder.net and have at'er! Loraux never dissapoints and can be ridden on any sort of bike

- on their site its called bigguns -

April 22, 2013, 11:19 p.m.

Check out www.gutsploder.net and have at'er! Loraux never dissapoints and can be ridden on any sort of bike

- on their site its called bigguns -

Try here: http://www.fvmba.com/trail-conditions/bear/

The Gutsploder map is quite out of date now; it doesn't show the new roads, and Lorax wasn't even built when that map was made. Gutsploder has Bigguns marked as Bigguns.

If you'd rather climb single track than road, Take corduroy to Bomba, then do Lorax and Smokin' Bobo. Watch for high speed traffic coming against you on Corduroy.