Abbotsford 2013 Conditions

May 31, 2013, 6:15 p.m.

two phone calls.
sat 10am start from my house.
g

FVMBA Website

June 1, 2013, 7:22 p.m.

Chadsey Lake has been all cleared.
Lots of hikers out today. Lots of blowdown was taken out and a couple of real dangerous trees cut out.
Lake look beauty. Remember don't be like the one mtb rider we seen .
No helmut, little skill and alone.
If you ride this beauty of a steep natural trail .
Go with a friend, be prepared ,best you can be. And start early.
Someone who has ridden it before best,this is not your normal trail.
Steep,deep, rooty,(best to ride in the dry) more skilled you are the better.
One of the best trails in the valley,but you must respect it.
g

FVMBA Website

June 2, 2013, 12:49 a.m.

Thanks for the hard work gary :)

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

June 22, 2013, 4:19 p.m.

Awesome conditions on Ledgeview today. Bit slick on the clay like trails, otherwise good!

Did some 29r'ing.

Turner Czar, Tall Boy and Pivot MACH 429 had no problems on the tight Excellerator Switchbacks!

XC huck on Lebitememike.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

July 14, 2013, 10:01 a.m.

Rode Sumas for the first time yesterday and and had a great time. It's definitely worth a visit, about the same distance from Van as Squampton.

Knob Gobbler is a long but easy climb up a road and is awesome, loamy and full of easy, fun features. We did that into Noah Fear, World Cup and No Time Out for a great loop. Squid Line is impressively long for the climb involved and is a fun trail for all abilities. The whole area is ideal AM bike terrain and has plenty of challenges without the roughness of the Shore.

The folks racing today's enduro are in for a treat (and some very long stages). I'll be back for sure.

July 14, 2013, 4:22 p.m.

And now you know why we rarely get to the shore!

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Aug. 2, 2013, 10:19 a.m.

hoping to take my son out to ride squidline this sunday. ive heard consistently good things about the trail and its suitability for all ability levels, but always had soggy conditions scupper my plans in the past. i've only ridden sumas a couple of times, any thoughts on what this (little bit of) rain is going to do to the trail?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Aug. 2, 2013, 11:08 a.m.

It was raining pretty hard this morning, so imagine the water was pooling in areas. But the trail has been super dry, so I'm sure most of it is just a sponge and drain pretty fast right now. It'll probably be in pretty fantastic shape by sunday.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Aug. 2, 2013, 11:47 a.m.

Don't ride Squid of it's raining. There are a couple spots that are super slick when wet. That said, I rode it last night and it was bone dry so you might be ok. As of right now it has stopped raining here.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Aug. 3, 2013, 3:47 p.m.

Just rode squid today, there is some standing water, but otherwise its fantastic. Have fun on your ride tomorrow!

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Aug. 5, 2013, 11:45 p.m.

thanks for the information all. we hit up sumas on a busy sunday afternoon. little guy had a blast on the first 2/3 of squidline, and i couldn't believe the stuff he was willing to ride - a week with different bikes totally boosted his confidence - but got a bit grumbly when things got a bit more up and down towards the end. awesome trail, and it was in great shape. looking forward to riding it at speed sometime soon :)

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 12, 2013, 9:20 a.m.

is squid line signed? Easy to find?

WTF, Over?

Oct. 12, 2013, 10:50 a.m.

is squid line signed? Easy to find?

Yes once you get to Batt rd. It is easy to find and signed as well as any trails around.
There is a map in the lower parking lot.

Oct. 12, 2013, 6:48 p.m.

Very different up there right now in comparison to 3 years ago when i left abby. Found it and rode it with the help of the locals up there.. Great day back in the valley.

WTF, Over?

Oct. 13, 2013, 10:34 a.m.

Very different up there right now in comparison to 3 years ago when i left abby. Found it and rode it with the help of the locals up there.. Great day back in the valley.

There are some new trails at Ledgeview as well. Upper and lower ambidexcrous.
http://bb.nsmb.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9429[HTML_REMOVED]d=1381685621