Abbotsford 2013 Conditions

Jan. 14, 2013, 10:11 p.m.

May as well start off with this one:

Xcelerator today on ledgeview.

The mountain otherwise is in great shape. Compact snow at the top, but still has grip.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Jan. 14, 2013, 10:36 p.m.

very cool!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Jan. 16, 2013, 8:26 a.m.

The Lost Oakleys
Has seen a lot of work lately,making for a better ride.
New bridge spans the first creek.
New 29ft span bridge at the bottom,old middle section ,now a new to it bridge,just before.
The steeep middle section line has been changed and is now way better and safer.
Just past the big midpoint raised ladder a up/down S ladder that was scary due to the angles .
This feature has been tamed and is now a lot easier. No longer need to worry about going over backwards. Cribbing work on the dj section has started.
LO is a lower trail and a nice way to end the day just above Clayburn,after a burn of Ledgeview.
Lots of riders take it after coming out on LebiteMeMike ,LO enters just above the exit across the road.
g
The S. side is best in wet weather around here though,Xcel/Ambi,sun ,sweet.
g

FVMBA Website

Jan. 16, 2013, 8:56 a.m.

Xcelerator today on ledgeview.

sick, i need to get out there soon

and matt needs to post in this thread, so i can rep him for that trail

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 23, 2013, 11:56 p.m.

RM and I rode excelerator yesterday. There was hero dirt everywhere, we even rode the shoot of death.

Feb. 9, 2013, 10:10 a.m.

sat. today. 11amish
Kerry and I are going to holidaysauce on Sumas with two saws and clear the trail.
I heard that Squid is also in poor condition with trees leaning over from the snow onto the trail.
Anyone want to join us come on up.
K has a white jeep 4wheelers suv.
With the long weekend, I maybe going to vedder to work mon. interested?
g

FVMBA Website

Feb. 9, 2013, 5:25 p.m.

Dam, I couldn't believe the amount of trees laid over due to the snow on Holidaysauce and squid.
Kerry and I worked all day today and got a lot cleared.
Heard from some of the riders coming through that TimeKiller big bridge has four feet of snow on it.
wow.
So we cleared a lot and had just a big bunch of rider come through four big groups.
Riding duck farm loop sun if anyone wants to join us.
we will continue the work on sumas till it's all good to go.
g
Nice to see a number of riders who stops to thank Kerry and I.
indoor announcing tonight.
I am tired but feel pretty good over another job well done.
g

FVMBA Website

Feb. 15, 2013, 11:29 a.m.

Hey Gary, is squid line clear/rideable? Was thinking of taking me son up to check it out as we'll be in Abby on Saturday

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Feb. 15, 2013, 5:30 p.m.

Yah it is.
While we have cleared it all up , the upper part is not cherry due to snow,but still doable.
Last week we had at least eight groups go through.

spent the day up at Sumas again today and tomorrow sat. will be heading back up to continue clearing.
Forget about TimeKiller/Devilsthroat.
But HolidaySauce especially Squid it should be all good.
Anyone who wants to come out we leave my house at 9:30 chainsaw in hand to continue HolidaySauce cleanup.
g

FVMBA Website

Feb. 18, 2013, 1:40 p.m.

Kerry and I finished clearing HolidaySauce/Xtra/Peel.
The upper HolidaySauce while clear is in poor shape due to all the snow after 3K mark.
Personally I would pass,but if you gotta go ,go for it.
NoTimeOut a motorcycle had gone around the stairs,so now some bomb craters and a big sideways cedar.
Should stop any more of that. Some skinny curved section should stop the moto's? further down.
We cleard to the big big bridge.
Later we will start cleaning up and some laddering on TimeKiller and W. side dh trails.
g

FVMBA Website

March 9, 2013, 5:08 p.m.

A couple of motorcycles went up Squid line today. That creates a fair amount of damage on the short steep downhills and a few are getting beat. Maybe a few features at the exit to keep them out?

March 9, 2013, 6:53 p.m.

A couple of motorcycles went up Squid line today. That creates a fair amount of damage on the short steep downhills and a few are getting beat. Maybe a few features at the exit to keep them out?

:announce:

Well that`s it. Time to just start killing those retards and burying them up there. As a bonus we can use their motos to access trail work locations.

Fucktards.:flame:

March 9, 2013, 7:10 p.m.

You would have to put features at every road crossing. There are quite a few :(

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

March 9, 2013, 8:51 p.m.

The sad part is that I've I've words with moto riders on MTB trails two times now. Both of the twats felt like they were doing no harm. No amount of talking was changing their minds.

That being said, Mixed Bag is super fast right now.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

March 10, 2013, 3:40 p.m.

If they won't listen to reason take their keys and toss them into the woods.