Abbotsford (2012)

Jan. 6, 2012, 3:40 p.m.

Put a little time into Ledgeview redoing a couple of drops and adding a pier to one bridge at the tile drop.
I just couldn't take looking at the dangerous jumps ,rotting and still being hit.
So while nothing you would want to get pixs of ,it's safer.
g

FVMBA Website

Jan. 10, 2012, 2:21 a.m.

I rode Upper XCelerator yesterday and its in a sad state right now. The guy that built it better get out there and fix it up. Best bet is to sneak in off of Mix Bag and ride out the Lower portion of XCelerator. Hopefully he can find some time real soon to address some of issues. There has been some grooming on the lower trail. I took the liberty of removing the short ramp onto the ravine log crossing. There was a broken stringer. So you will have to dismount and remount once you get up onto the log.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pH51rAX-G3o

Jan. 10, 2012, 5:49 a.m.

I heard he spends most of his time playing video games these days ;)

Jan. 10, 2012, 9:18 a.m.

I heard he spends most of his time playing video games these days ;)

I'm searching for an in game exploit to will help me advance my "trail building" skill tree.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pH51rAX-G3o

Jan. 23, 2012, 9:11 a.m.

Sumas gate to be shut for next couple of weeks.
Please stay off the EmmaPeel as the lower section will be logged.
g

FVMBA Website

Feb. 2, 2012, 8:38 a.m.

^^Are we able to ride up the road even though the gate is locked at the bottom? Where is the snow line at the moment? Thanks!!

EB

Feb. 2, 2012, 7:27 p.m.

^^Are we able to ride up the road even though the gate is locked at the bottom? Where is the snow line at the moment? Thanks!!

EB

I would think that you ride up just beware of equipment moving around if they're working on the lower parking lot. Not sure about the snowline but I can see the clearcut on Time Killer from my house and it looks to be clear of snow.

Feb. 2, 2012, 9:55 p.m.

If the gate at the bottom is locked there will be no logging trucks. So I think it's better with the gate locked. No traffic, just peaceful climbing

Feb. 3, 2012, 5:31 a.m.

There's truck traffic on the road it just isn't going that high up the road. There's also lots of equipment up[ there and they're falling in the new cut. Snow was still patchy down low yesterday, it seemed a bit thinner as I went higher in elevation. All in all still not great for riding and the signs at the bottom do indicate no traffic on the road unless you have permission.

Disclaimer. Anything written above this should not be taken literally, its called sarcasm you idiots.

Feb. 3, 2012, 8:44 a.m.

Thanks for the input guys! We'll hold off coming out for a bit longer. :)

Feb. 12, 2012, 7:29 p.m.

Sumas Mtn was pretty good today. A bit of snow today at the top of Knob gobbler but it disappears very quickly. Then moved on to "_ Sauce", Extra Sauce, and finally Emma Skin. Had to climb up Emma as well since there's a crew of fallers working on the road. Also, bottom of Emma's is done. All logged out. Gotta do climb up the right FSR branch at the gravel lot with the porta potty.

Pic from today:

Pretty much every trail looked like this:

April 7, 2012, 5:58 p.m.

The South side of Ledgview was all hero dirt today. Sweet

April 8, 2012, 10:20 a.m.

The logging pixs of the EmmaPeel is now old news.
The Peel is back and finished.
Ready for use in fvmba's toonie series April 15th.
A little soft in places but totally rideable and the riders I have seen on it are all smiling.
Abby mtnbike central.
g

FVMBA Website

April 21, 2012, 3:42 p.m.

Timrkiller worldcup and most of Devils throat are good to go. I cleared the trails of the trees someone fell and left on the trails.There is one bad section on Timekiller at the clearcut but is rideable.The trail between the cabin and Develsthroat is closed due to lots of blowdown.Has anyone been down Knob yet?Trevor its time for a chainsaw party

April 21, 2012, 3:48 p.m.

Kim,
Come join the kman and myself ,as we unless it's torrential rainstorming ride Sumas sunday.
Thinking of doing lower Knob,to HolidaySauce/extra/peel to the new parking area.
Steve R your welcome to join us.
look to leaving at 10ish.
Worked on Ledge today ,buffing up some jumps and landings.
All Abby is so busy with riders of all kinds and hikers on the trails.
Sumas new parking lot was packed, Ledge same.
Abbotsford Mtn bike central ,home of Mecca.
g
:banana:
what a cute little guy eh?

FVMBA Website