Squamish Trail Conditions Thread

May 22, 2020, 6:35 p.m.

Posted by: SixZeroSixOne

Yes, you can turn left on Bob Macintosh and stay left on the main access track/service road to Edith Lake but you can't ride the singletracks trails in summer

Thanks. Does that service road run parallel to the Four Lakes trail? Because what I am seeing on Trailforks is that if you turn left at the bottom of Man Boobs you would be riding Bob McIntosh -> Four Lakes -> and then hit some access roads. Or is it ok to ride on the short portion of Four Lakes between Bob McIntosh and the access roads? I'm just going on the Trailforks map... I've ridden that area before but not in a few years so don't remember the specifics. Thanks for your help.

May 23, 2020, 10:48 a.m.

Don't overthink it! It's so obvious when you are there and there are usually plenty of other riders around to follow.

The Four Lakes trail isn't actually a single continuous trail, it's a just a variety of "singletrack" sections joined together by access track. Bikes are only banned on singletrack and there are clear signposts...

July 16, 2020, 10:19 a.m.

If you want to ride the Slippery Salmon & Miki's Magic zone what's the easiest way to access it? Park at the end of Perth and head up Mashiter or is there an easier access point from the northern Provincial Park side?

July 16, 2020, 10:43 a.m.

Both ways work and both require a bit of a climb to get into the zone via fire roads. Once you're there easy to do quick laps.

July 16, 2020, 10:59 a.m.

The top of Perth has pretty limited parking as of last summer.  SORCA is recommending that riders park at the elementary school just down the road, just off Portree way.

July 16, 2020, 2:03 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

If you want to ride the Slippery Salmon & Miki's Magic zone what's the easiest way to access it? Park at the end of Perth and head up Mashiter or is there an easier access point from the northern Provincial Park side?

The ride from Alice Lake is a pretty easy spin to that zone.

Dec. 3, 2020, 1:48 p.m.

Did Half Nelson used to have more jumps? Hadn't rode it for a few years until recently... and when I rode it recently it seemed like there were a lot less jumps than I had remembered. Is that true or do I just have a bad memory?

Last edited by: Bull_Dozer on Dec. 3, 2020, 1:48 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 6, 2020, 10:07 a.m.

All of the jump lips have been rounded off from the amount of traffic rolling over them.

Dec. 6, 2020, 11:12 a.m.

If you want a similar trail but with jumps head over to mikis magic and slippery salmon, super fun

Dec. 7, 2020, 8:23 a.m.

Posted by: cbennett

All of the jump lips have been rounded off from the amount of traffic rolling over them.

Yeah that's what it seemed like. Unfortunate because I found the trail a lot more fun before.

Dec. 7, 2020, 8:24 a.m.

Posted by: Kevin26

If you want a similar trail but with jumps head over to mikis magic and slippery salmon, super fun

I actually rode both of those recently - really good additions to the Squamish trail network. I need to practice slippery salmon more though... found it hard to maintain speed/flow.