Squamish Trail Conditions Thread

April 3, 2018, 9:58 p.m.

New thread for 2018....

Last edited by: [email protected] on Jan. 30, 2022, 4:01 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
May 15, 2018, 1:12 p.m.

Rode Pleasure Trail for the first time on Sunday. Kinda surprised they are rating it a single black, some pretty serious tech moves and exposure on that trail and steep parts as well. To be fair, there is a sign at the top from the builders saying "true black diamond trail" hinting at it's character and saying they are still working on it. On that note, massive props to said builders, a 5 year effort and it's a true masterpiece. Next time I will not hit it solo at the end of my ride when I'm gassed.  Just a heads up that it's significantly harder than some other single blacks like Credit, Crouching, Rupert, AM, SoT, Entrails, Mark my Word etc.

Rupert, Entrails, Boney, Hueso all mint at the moment.

May 15, 2018, 8:21 p.m.

Pleasure trail is so good, didn't know that it was 5 years in the making.  Well worth the wait!

If Treasure is a double black it makes sense to me that the same builder would classify Pleasure as a "true single black".  I'm guessing that AM will be getting a lot more traffic as people incorporate Pleasure into their Alice Lake loops.

May 16, 2018, 9:15 a.m.

Posted by: Cabana76

Pleasure trail is so good, didn't know that it was 5 years in the making.  Well worth the wait!

If Treasure is a double black it makes sense to me that the same builder would classify Pleasure as a "true single black".  I'm guessing that AM will be getting a lot more traffic as people incorporate Pleasure into their Alice Lake loops.

AM = ?? (I assume you arent referring to Angry Midget)

Looks like Pleasure Trail is now shown on Trailforks and they are showing it as a double black.

May 16, 2018, 9:30 a.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

AM = ?? (I assume you arent referring to Angry Midget)

Looks like Pleasure Trail is now shown on Trailforks and they are showing it as a double black.

I haven't ridden it since the fall but I can see it getting harder as more people ride it so double black seems appropriate for sure

May 16, 2018, 11:43 p.m.

Oops!  I was thinking of Credit Line.  However, I think I heard that SORCA was building another trail in that area.  Pamplemousse?

May 17, 2018, 2:27 p.m.

Oops!  I was thinking of Credit Line.  However, I think I heard that SORCA was building another trail in that area.  Pamplemousse?

Yeah I remember seeing something about Pamplemousse on SORCA Facebook in the fall. Cool beans, so much good riding in Squamish it's overwhelming haha.

Good call by TF to show Pleasure as a double black IMO, it's decently far up there and people could get into trouble thinking it's gonna be like Angry Midget or Credit.

May 18, 2018, 10:12 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Yeah I remember seeing something about Pamplemousse on SORCA Facebook in the fall. Cool beans, so much good riding in Squamish it's overwhelming haha.

Good call by TF to show Pleasure as a double black IMO, it's decently far up there and people could get into trouble thinking it's gonna be like Angry Midget or Credit.

I find Treasure to be a more difficult trail, same flavour, but with bigger moves. 

Alice lake is so good!

June 11, 2018, 11:43 a.m.

Decided to mix it up and hit some trails I had never ridden before yesterday. Upper Mad Hatter, fun blue flow trail, still pretty fresh, lower Mad Hatter fun XC blue. Hot Tuna - wow, loamy single track to start and then some legit gap jumps on the lower section. Very well built but beyond my pay grade. Really impressive trail work. Border Patrol has a new re-route for the Spakwus to avoid the last climb, you go through a super lush ravine instead and can short cut out to Mashiter.

Trails were running excellent. Bit of mud in some spots from the rain but velcro dirt in most places.

June 15, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

Thanks dude, Hot tuna has been 3 years in the making. Hopefully it will be "officially" open soon I if I can ever get the recreation officer out to ride it.

Sept. 26, 2018, 10:13 a.m.

Somewhere over There/Unrelated Dead Guys in awesome shape on Monday afternoon... also checked out Singletrack Mind which was my first foray into Valleycliffe... fun trail but how does it seem like Valleycliffe is uphill both ways lol.

March 28, 2019, 9:11 a.m.

Can someone rank the Alice Lake slab trails in terms of difficulty? I've done Room with a View (I think that's the easiest) and Boney Elbows - what's the next easiest one after that? Would that be Dirk's Diggler or In and Out Burger? And for In and Out Burger - for the big main slab, is there an easier line to the riders left? I like slab trails but don't have a ton of experience and the big main line on In and Out Burger looks a bit intimidating.

March 28, 2019, 10:04 a.m.

In and out burger giant slab has a coating of sand on it from the granite eroding. A nice surprise when dropping in. At least it did the last time I rode that line, and have avoided it since, just go left now.

Hueso is for sure up there for the most difficult of the bunch, that whole zone is great.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on March 28, 2019, 10:05 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 29, 2019, 7:07 a.m.

How the heck is In and Out Burger only rated single black??!! It was way steeper than it looked in the videos. Funny to me that it has the same difficult rating of Rupert, Credit Line, etc. Perhaps I am just not used to slab trails and just gotta learn to trust the grip...

March 29, 2019, 9:08 a.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

How the heck is In and Out Burger only rated single black??!! It was way steeper than it looked in the videos. Funny to me that it has the same difficult rating of Rupert, Credit Line, etc. Perhaps I am just not used to slab trails and just gotta learn to trust the grip...

The rest of it is super fun. Its just the big slab that is a challenge. Black Diamond rating is about right.

https://www.trailforks.com/video/11494/