2018 Fromme Trail Conditions Thread

Oct. 22, 2018, 1:23 p.m.

The fix on Dreamweaver near St. Georges where you had to ride around the big stump and then pop up and over that crap rooty section.....Thanks so much builders.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Oct. 22, 2018, 1:26 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Oct. 22, 2018, 2:25 p.m.

Good lordy, the trail fairies have done some amazing work on lower digger. Combined with the triple threat on Lower Oilcan and the jumps keep coming.

Oct. 22, 2018, 3:46 p.m.

Posted by: DanL

Good lordy, the trail fairies have done some amazing work on lower digger. Combined with the triple threat on Lower Oilcan and the jumps keep coming.

Boundary is a great lap now too. Old has become new again.

Oct. 23, 2018, 12:11 p.m.

^some nice surprises on both those trails. had no idea there was (lots of) work going on in that zone.

Oct. 23, 2018, 1:46 p.m.

It was one of those magical discovery rides for myself and a friend.

We went to check out the new jump on lower oilcan (a great addition to the jump progressions there) , then decided to go over to Dreamweaver and lapped the middle section via the skid road connector. Coming to the bottom of Dreamweaver we saw this bermy smoothed out trail exiting onto it and went up it to investigate. Lo and behold! New woodwork! And even more, we kept climbing and kept finding more amazingness!
I'd love to see the work on Pink Starfish get a new permit now...

Last edited by: DanL on Oct. 23, 2018, 1:50 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 26, 2018, 3:38 p.m.

It was one of those magical discovery rides for myself and a friend.

We went to check out the new jump on lower oilcan (a great addition to the jump progressions there) , then decided to go over to Dreamweaver and lapped the middle section via the skid road connector. Coming to the bottom of Dreamweaver we saw this bermy smoothed out trail exiting onto it and went up it to investigate. Lo and behold! New woodwork! And even more, we kept climbing and kept finding more amazingness!
I'd love to see the work on Pink Starfish get a new permit now...

Is the new jump on lower Oilcan the booter after the right hander in the top 1/3rd of the trail? A little higher up that the small step-down that has been around a while.

Oct. 28, 2018, 3:51 p.m.

Went for a Saturday afternoon cruise on Fromme before the rain... 7th was mint, Leppard decent, Crinkum and Kirkford recent work was turning into a mud bog already so I think those trails are gonna need some time especially with the forecast...

Dec. 7, 2018, 9:48 a.m.

Snow up by 7th?

Dec. 7, 2018, 11:28 a.m.

Has there been any precipitation to get some?  I thought it was all snow guns on Grouse right now.
I didn't climb high enough to see any last night but it was great out there, impossible to overheat! Not great for traction.

Dec. 7, 2018, 2:32 p.m.

Has there been any precipitation to get some? I thought it was all snow guns on Grouse right now.
I didn't climb high enough to see any last night but it was great out there, impossible to overheat! Not great for traction.

That is a good point, my brain farted when I posted this

Top of Burke is Icy and frosty, so assumed Fromme would be

Good to know DanL

Last edited by: ehfour on Dec. 7, 2018, 2:36 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 7, 2018, 3:56 p.m.

On a clear night like tonight, I'd recommend the climb to 7th just for the view of the stars. 

Stop, smell the roses so to speak, then drop into 7th and grin and shout all the way down

Dec. 7, 2018, 10:14 p.m.

Not yet, but maybe this weekend.

Jan. 27, 2019, 2:07 p.m.

What's the plan with Lower Digger? Seems like some solid work is being done on it but parts of it are still quite "old school". Good option to do after Lower Expresso to finish when you park in the Dempsey/Braemar area. The more solid trails they get in that area, the more people will park over there. Which brings me to my next point... the Fromme parking lot seems to be a gong show every time I ride Fromme (weekends only). They should either make it so that it is only for people riding with children and/or make it pay parking (with some $$ going back to the trails).

Jan. 28, 2019, 4:31 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

What's the plan with Lower Digger? Seems like some solid work is being done on it but parts of it are still quite "old school". Good option to do after Lower Expresso to finish when you park in the Dempsey/Braemar area. The more solid trails they get in that area, the more people will park over there. Which brings me to my next point... the Fromme parking lot seems to be a gong show every time I ride Fromme (weekends only). They should either make it so that it is only for people riding with children and/or make it pay parking (with some $$ going back to the trails).

Agree on pay parking. It also seems goofy to have a line of cars waiting to get in there to park (I get it if you have kids), at least most people seem to turn their cars off while waiting. I don't think there's any way to enforce kids/disabled only type thing, pay is probably the only way.

Unless I am going at first light on a weekend morning I don't bother with the parking lot anymore. I still prefer climbing mtn highway so I just park down on Coleman. Makes it easier to ride the stuff below the BP which reminds me I need to check out Lower Digger as I have been seeing good things on instagram.

Jan. 29, 2019, 7:18 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

Agree on pay parking. It also seems goofy to have a line of cars waiting to get in there to park (I get it if you have kids), at least most people seem to turn their cars off while waiting. I don't think there's any way to enforce kids/disabled only type thing, pay is probably the only way.

Unless I am going at first light on a weekend morning I don't bother with the parking lot anymore. I still prefer climbing mtn highway so I just park down on Coleman. Makes it easier to ride the stuff below the BP which reminds me I need to check out Lower Digger as I have been seeing good things on instagram.

Yeah I agree that pay parking is the only way to control the parking lot. 

I've always wondered why people are waiting in like a 10 car line to get into the parking lot... turnover in the parking lot can't be that quick. Like you're really waiting for like 25 mins to get a parking spot just to avoid an extra 5 min climb from Coleman?