2018 Fromme Trail Conditions Thread

June 9, 2018, 6:35 a.m.

How would the conditions be at fromme today? 

since it just rained last night

June 9, 2018, 6:51 p.m.

A bit greasy in sections, but otherwise pretty good.  With the warmth today, should be excellent tomorrow.

I rode Bobsled, Floppy, and Expresso (Upper).  All three were pretty similar with slick sections.

June 9, 2018, 11:58 p.m.

Agree..went up today and conditions were slick on some parts but overall the dirt was great. Lots of grip overall :)

July 28, 2018, 1:29 a.m.

Went up the climb trail today and wow, bunch of new dirt thrown on D'yer root rib cage since last time I was there in early June. I'd say maybe half of the last section is smooth dirt climbing trail now? Massive change in the last year on No Quarter. Thank you builders.

Rode all of Executioner, first time riding the "BP Exit" lower section after it crosses Dreamweaver. Some fun janky tech rock gardens but overall not worth the extra effort as it dumps you onto a pretty rough section of the BP. Pushed/climbed to the top of Dreamweaver after. I'd say the first 1km of Dreamweaver above the Executioner connector is not worth it, more of an eroded old hiking trail/double track. Was in the mood to explore so happy I did it. Lower Dreamweaver fast but dry AF.

July 29, 2018, 10:28 a.m.

So Peter is attacking the rib cage?

Nice. Was a ghost town on the Breamar side yesterday. Everyonw must have been at the beach.

July 30, 2018, 5:17 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

So Peter is attacking the rib cage?

Nice. Was a ghost town on the Breamar side yesterday. Everyonw must have been at the beach.

Guessing it's him as I had heard he was working his way up the whole climbing route... I think I could actually clean it now as there's only a few short sections on the rib cage that don't have new dirt on them... clean it tech wise I mean, still not fit enough to do it without a quick break somewhere. I only saw one trail runner and one other guy climbing it on Friday after work, and no one descending.

July 30, 2018, 8:47 p.m.

I have seen Peter working on it a few times climbing up. We stopped to lend a hand a while back moving a big stone. 

Have always thought there is a issue with the ribcage. There was a ride around started but it has been reclaimed by the forest. Some issue between NSMBA and the land managers? The only section that was left alone. Now its getting done? Will crank up there soon and check it out.

July 31, 2018, 12:11 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

I have seen Peter working on it a few times climbing up. We stopped to lend a hand a while back moving a big stone. 

Have always thought there is a issue with the ribcage. There was a ride around started but it has been reclaimed by the forest. Some issue between NSMBA and the land managers? The only section that was left alone. Now its getting done? Will crank up there soon and check it out.

Not sure what was happening with that ride around. The new dirt is on the main line, cover roots maybe 2 feet wide and well done. Will be awesome when it's fully completed.

Aug. 2, 2018, 8:03 a.m.

the full climb is running great now. ribcage has been smootherated considerably; the sustained pitch still keeps you honest, but it's no longer the soul sucking root pit of yore.

Aug. 2, 2018, 12:20 p.m.

Posted by: xy9ine

the full climb is running great now. ribcage has been smootherated considerably; the sustained pitch still keeps you honest, but it's no longer the soul sucking root pit of yore.

Nice, had a good laugh from your description.

Oct. 3, 2018, 1:33 p.m.

There's a note on Trailforks for Floppy Bunny that someone observed it closed on Oct 1.  It's still got the sign up as of today, but no closure posted to Trailforks.  Any word on what's going on in there?

Oct. 3, 2018, 2:58 p.m.

Regarding the ribcage, I rode the full climb trail recently for the first time in a few months and that section didn't seem any different than I remembered it being initially.

Oct. 4, 2018, 4:03 p.m.

Posted by: idle

There's a note on Trailforks for Floppy Bunny that someone observed it closed on Oct 1.  It's still got the sign up as of today, but no closure posted to Trailforks.  Any word on what's going on in there?

Community trail day was on the Saturday, so it was probably to let the work bed in

https://nsmba.ca/nsmba-calendar-of-events/

Oct. 4, 2018, 4:04 p.m.

All time conditions at night right now. Perfect temperatures.

Oct. 5, 2018, 1:10 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Regarding the ribcage, I rode the full climb trail recently for the first time in a few months and that section didn't seem any different than I remembered it being initially.

I read on on Trailforks that unfortunately some of the new work is turning to mud and/or washing away in the weather lately... sad if true as it was a huge improvement last time I rode it a few months ago.