Cypress Trail Conditions Thread

Feb. 27, 2018, 8:51 p.m.

It's 2018!

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Last edited by: [email protected] on Jan. 30, 2022, 4:02 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 5, 2018, 4:19 p.m.

They were terrible last time I gave it a go (3 days ago).

My guess is that the lowest trails (Wutang et all) at probably fine. BLT is probably not rideable above the Roach Clip exit. UTC might be rideable. Ive looked at the area around the top of Slippery from the road and its probably a no go.

By the way, brace yourself for some development carnage when you see the area around BRUTUS. RIP Brutus!

March 9, 2018, 11:45 p.m.

I “rode” BLT to UTC today. It’s a slog through foot deep snow above the Roach Clip exit but fine below. Snow is 1.5ft deep at UTC entrance. UTC is running well but it’s hard to get to given the snow depth. The lower trails off of ferm should be good but also hard to get to.

April 1, 2018, 10:01 p.m.

Anyone have an update on snow line? Was thinking of bringing out the DH bike tomorrow and checking out Meat Sweats/Mystery etc. Haven't ridden them before... starting elevation of 800m has me worried about snow.

April 30, 2018, 3:01 p.m.

Rode Cypress for the first time yesterday (Sunday). Did a couple laps on Jersey Shore and Meat Sweats. Such a nice change from Fromme/Seymour - way faster, jumps/drops, fall-line fun. Great stuff on the DH bike. Trails were a bit greasy and soft in spots which made the roots exciting. Lots of fresh work as well, thank you builders. No snow except on the push from the top of Jersey to Meat Sweats. Looking forward to coming back when it's a bit drier and stoked on the change of pace on the shore... no idea why I waited so long to check it out.

Last edited by: grambo on April 30, 2018, 3:02 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 2, 2018, 12:26 p.m.

I missed the NSMBA town hall because of prior committments, but going through the deck now I see there were some Cypress items on the agenda. Can anyone shed any light?

• District of West Vancouver Trails Plan 

● Mystery DH Area 

● Cypress Village

May 2, 2018, 2:29 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Rode Cypress for the first time yesterday (Sunday). Did a couple laps on Jersey Shore and Meat Sweats. Such a nice change from Fromme/Seymour - way faster, jumps/drops, fall-line fun. Great stuff on the DH bike. Trails were a bit greasy and soft in spots which made the roots exciting. Lots of fresh work as well, thank you builders. No snow except on the push from the top of Jersey to Meat Sweats. Looking forward to coming back when it's a bit drier and stoked on the change of pace on the shore... no idea why I waited so long to check it out.

I felt the same way when I first rode Cypress. Definitely a different flavor than Fromme & Seymour - refreshing to ride something a little bit different. Meat Sweats is one of my favorite trails on the Shore. I'm surprised Cypress isn't more heavily ridden - although it being mostly a shuttle-only mountain probably is a big factor.

May 27, 2018, 5 p.m.

Big tree down on Blind Skier/Pre-Reaper right before the second rock roll. Photos posted on TrailForks under Pre-Reaper. Walked in full of good intentions carrying a Silky BigBoy but walked out wondering what I was thinking. Any Cypress riders with a chainsaw?

May 27, 2018, 8:46 p.m.

Meat sweats and Jersey were great this weeknd. Props to the builders, a big thank you.

I have a sprained finger and damaged brake lever, but was all well worth it.

June 4, 2018, 10:10 p.m.

Trunk Monkey is temporarily closed due to work for the Upper Mountain Path. It will be reopened once the downed trees are removed. ETA a couple of weeks.

June 5, 2018, 1:34 p.m.

Posted by: HulaOtter

Big tree down on Blind Skier/Pre-Reaper right before the second rock roll. Photos posted on TrailForks under Pre-Reaper. Walked in full of good intentions carrying a Silky BigBoy but walked out wondering what I was thinking. Any Cypress riders with a chainsaw?

Cleared that puppy!

June 5, 2018, 6:56 p.m.

Nice work Ddean!

July 16, 2018, 3:11 p.m.

Spent Sunday afternoon shuttling Mystery/Jersey/Meat Sweats on the DH bikes... super fun, trails are running well, tacky in some spots and dry in others but not blown up at all except the end of Meat...

July 17, 2018, 9:17 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

Posted by: grambo

I felt the same way when I first rode Cypress. Definitely a different flavor than Fromme & Seymour - refreshing to ride something a little bit different. Meat Sweats is one of my favorite trails on the Shore. I'm surprised Cypress isn't more heavily ridden - although it being mostly a shuttle-only mountain probably is a big factor.

"Being mostly a shuttle-only mountain" 

Bit ashamed that in all the years I've been visiting and staying right at the bottom of Cypress I've never pedalled up. 

Be up there for a visit tomorrow. Anyone have a climbing route they'd recommend? 

PM is fine if need be. 🍻

July 18, 2018, 10:35 p.m.

There’s really only one way to pedal up that’s not up Cypress Bowl rd. BLT. 

I pedal up all the time, including tonight. There’s a bunch of wicked trials off of BLT and close to it. Load up Trailforks and enjoy! 

If you’re headed over to meatsweats, exit at the works yard