2017 Squamish Trail Conditions Thread

May 26, 2017, 3:04 p.m.

ah wow, that looks epic.
thank you

June 2, 2017, 11:59 a.m.

Is there a realistic way to ride u/l word of mouth, Hoods in the woods and somewhere over there in one session?

Are these ok post rain?

June 2, 2017, 2:01 p.m.

I have learned that one persons 'realistic' is another persons 'ludicrous'. It could be done, but it would involve a lot of fireroad climbing to get back up to Hoods and SOT. Is there a particular reason why you would want to do that particular set of trails in one go? There are many other options that have better flow between the trails, and minimize retracing your steps.  All these trails should be fine post rain. SOT has some rock slabs that might be tricky if still wet, but given how dry it was last time I was up there, I wouldnt be too worried if there has been some rain.

Last edited by: shoreboy on June 2, 2017, 2:02 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 2, 2017, 3:35 p.m.

That's a fair point. 

<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">I'm a Fromme rider and want to spend more of my Saturday's exploring Squamish this summer.</span>

Those are 3 that I wanted to do at some point. Even better if you can put them together. (Marc my word and credit line maybe cakewalk on the list as well for another time) 

I'm a decent but slower climber. Good descender.

Last year tried Rupert, Entrails, in and out and a couple others. Did pretty good for first rides there. 

I'm a solid blue black rider. Not a dbl black guy usually. 

Open to suggestions. 

Thanks

June 2, 2017, 3:54 p.m.

We usually link WOM with a lap of trails on that side of the Garibaldi Park Road. For example, Park at Quest > ride up Garibaldi Park Rd to Legacy climb> Legacy >AM or Upper/Lower Half Nelson > Ring Creek FSR > Fred > WOM. To do Hoods or SOT you can start with the same beginning, but instead of going to Fred after Half Nelson or AM, turn down the road and go to Another Mans Gold > PHP access >PHP >Hoods Connector > Hoods or SOT > Poop Alley >Quest. There is still a fair bit of climbing in either of these options.

Last edited by: shoreboy on June 2, 2017, 3:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 2, 2017, 5:56 p.m.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

July 27, 2017, 11:01 a.m.

Anyone ridden Angry Midget and Somewhere Over There recently? Trailforks is saying work was done on SOT recently but that AM is beat up.

July 27, 2017, 11:03 a.m.

sot is in great shape. new wood feature in the middle of the trail.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

July 28, 2017, 1:14 p.m.

Posted by: dutch

sot is in great shape. new wood feature in the middle of the trail.

Sweet, it was a little beat up last time I rode it last year. Maybe I'll do AM -> SOT instead of another Alice Lake day... so hard to decide haha.

July 31, 2017, 4:34 p.m.

Got a late start yesterday and it was hot, so we went to Alice Lake to stay in the shade. Rupert in good shape, dusty in spots... Mark My Word about the same, I suck at those punchy ups... Room with A View/In n Out Burger -- grippy as always!

Thanks to Trail Crew for work on Entrails entrance section.

Aug. 8, 2017, 1:44 p.m.

Checked out the new climb trail and Meadow the Grizzly on Satuday morning. Climb trail is great. Some loose bits after switchbacks but overall quite pleasant for the distance/vert gained.

Meadow the Grizzly: meh. I know Joyride was constrained by the steepness of the terrain in there, and their mandate was to build a blue flow trail, but it's just too steep at the top. Lots of the berms are already blown up with A-Line size holes, loose shale etc. I had a friend with me who is fine on Half Nelson, B-Line, Crank it Up etc. who really struggled on the top section and crashed. Lower part of the trail is fun as the gradient mellows out with some awesome berms to rail.

I just feel like the amount of resources to maintain machine built flow trails is going to be a problem for Squamish. Between Meadow, Half/Full Nelson and Pseudo -- that's a lot of hours to keep them in decent shape.

Last edited by: grambo on Aug. 8, 2017, 1:45 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 4, 2017, 8:54 a.m.

Does anyone know where the snowline is?

Nov. 4, 2017, 3:22 p.m.

Well there you go. The entrance to Pseudo Tsuga. Climbing trail got pretty snowy by the time you get to this road but it was still fine to ride. Anyone over 6' should rejoice - I've knocked the snow off every low hanging snow-laden branch on this route with my head. Lower Pseudo Tsuga was relatively clear and dry - cold and grippy. 

Pseudo Tsuga

Last edited by: craw on Nov. 4, 2017, 3:27 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 1, 2017, 10:59 a.m.

Does anyone know what the Alice lake trails will be like this weekend?

Feb. 1, 2018, 9:56 p.m.

what conditions like up there , Angry Midget rid-able ??