2017 Seymour Trail Conditions Thread

Jan. 10, 2017, 11:30 a.m.

We haven't experienced this in awhile.

An extended period of snow on the trails.

for consistent updates use trailforks after your ride to update trail conditions. This is a great resource that is made better by your input!

http://www.trailforks.com/reports/all/?nearby_range=50[HTML_REMOVED]near=point[HTML_REMOVED]lat=49.319966[HTML_REMOVED]lng=-123.072373

Current conditions on Lower Seymour;

We cut out some overhanging trees, looks like there may be some more when the snow melts!

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Jan. 11, 2017, 9:34 p.m.

Hyannis to the Baden was an icefield today. Get at it from the other side if you can because it sounds like the trails are good once you get a little higher.

Or go ride Fromme because Kirkford down is awesome. Easily worth three laps. Likely pretty good higher as well.

Jan. 12, 2017, 6:34 a.m.

Or go skiing because its been years since the conditions have been this good.

Jan. 17, 2017, 8:44 a.m.

But if you have less time on your hands or a hankering to ride your bike, it's still legit. And if you're curious about them newfangled wide tires, now is also a good time…

Jan. 17, 2017, 12:01 p.m.

Probably the wrong thread for this but in my opinion Skiing whistler / the locals is hugely overpriced in comparison to bikes.

Line up to park. line up to ski. Whistler is a $200 day at best. The locals are still expensive for the terrain unless you risk it on a season pass that is pointless except for the 1 in 10 years they have reliable snow.

Backcountry skiing is a better comparison I suppose and would likely catch my attention but then time and avi knowledge / safety is an issue. As is finding someone that is willing to take a rookie out.

Jan. 21, 2017, 5:01 p.m.

Trail updates: Climbing from Hyannis is good to go with just a few icy spots on Bridle. Severed D and Asian Adonis are good to go. John Deer was actually very nicely setup thanks to Martin out there raking dirt and clearing puddles.

The Baden Powell above Good Sir Martin is still a bit snowy as it the old Severed entrance so you have to walk in. I would avoid going to the powerlines and riding Dales. Forever After is mostly clear although quite a bit wetter so I'd avoid it. If you do ride it, I'd access it via the Baden Powell descent to the powerlines.

Jan. 21, 2017, 8:28 p.m.

Lots of trees across the trail at the bottom of the hill / end of greenland. I hiked up to the start of ridge runner / bottletop -no more signage for bottletop closure -

Is this the end of ridgerunner or the beginning of a new bottletop route ?

Any info ? Discuss amongst yourselves-

Jan. 27, 2017, 7:03 a.m.

Anyone know if Old Buck is clear at the moment?

Jan. 27, 2017, 8:26 a.m.

Anyone know if Old Buck is clear at the moment?

It was 95% ok as of Wed, probably 100% clear now, go for it !!
(clear up to Baden Powell, not sure higher up)
Enjoy your ride

Jan. 27, 2017, 2:53 p.m.

Confirmed, Old Buck is clear but there are still a few patches of snow on the Baden Powell. Also, avoid the power lines as there is still a ton of snow up there.

Feb. 10, 2017, 9:44 a.m.

Anybody venture out recently?

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Feb. 11, 2017, 4:04 p.m.

posted some trail conditions here:

https://www.trailforks.com/region/mount-seymour/reports/

Basically it seemed like the west facing trails were more snowy, south facing was quite good. Also there may have been an inversion as the higher we went the better the conditions got.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Feb. 12, 2017, 4:28 p.m.

Went out yesterday, pretty sloppy and wet, I rode severed and empress, both were good to go

Feb. 14, 2017, 12:27 p.m.

Lots of peeps out yesterday, great vibe.
Severed was pretty dry and good to go. Noticed all lower Seymour trails were pretty much snow free east of the Kiosk on Bridal. Used old Severed entrance powerlines still appeared to be snow covered. Two laps of GSM kicked the shit out of me, I'm out of riding shape. Great to be back on the bike.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Feb. 23, 2017, 4:59 p.m.

Riding Seymour for the first time on Sunday. Can somebody recommend a couple hour ride on trails that should be clear/OK to ride wet? Just started looking at Trail Forks and I don't even know where to park at this point.