2017 Fromme Trail Conditions Thread

Feb. 17, 2017, 11:05 a.m.

Fire road clear to fourth switch - not sure about higher we ducked in there and rode Ladies which was all clear except a tree down before concreted roller near the teeter.

Feb. 18, 2017, 5:39 p.m.

Pipeline is good to go. All debris / blow downs have been cleared. Wood work and TTF's all checked and also good to go.

Only a little snow around the first 2 corners at the top.

Feb. 19, 2017, 8:30 a.m.

What is the status on the gate closure. Went with the kids yesterday not thinking that the gate would be locked. Is it normally closed in the winter or just with the recent weather. I could see not opening during the week but should be open on the weekends.

Feb. 19, 2017, 9:09 p.m.

Pipeline is good to go. All debris / blow downs have been cleared. Wood work and TTF's all checked and also good to go.

Thanks for the work on what is one of my favorite trails!

I might be a "glass half empty" kind of guy though because today to me it seemed like there was a still a lot of snow (i.e. Pretty much unrideable) until the optional skinny horseshoe loop a couple hundred yards in. After that - good to go.

Feb. 20, 2017, 1:09 p.m.

Thanks for the work, looking forward to getting on that trail again soon.

Feb. 20, 2017, 8:53 p.m.

What is the status on the gate closure. Went with the kids yesterday not thinking that the gate would be locked. Is it normally closed in the winter or just with the recent weather. I could see not opening during the week but should be open on the weekends.

Gate is getting opened now, thank to Rick's (co-owner of LV Bikes) wife calling the district and making it happen.

Feb. 20, 2017, 9:27 p.m.

Gate is getting opened now, thank to Rick's (co-owner of LV Bikes) wife calling the district and making it happen.

Excellent news, thanks for posting the update and to LVB. Good people, really, really good people.

Feb. 21, 2017, 2:46 p.m.

Climbing trail only good till the last few switchbacks. Lower Oil Can is good except there's a tree down about 3/4 of the way down. Tiny one, only requires a hand saw.

Feb. 21, 2017, 5:36 p.m.

Parking lot is still closed. Parked on Braemar and then tried to ride/hike up Jerry Rig to see some history. Saw one feature then ended up crossing the creek over a very old and slimy bridge before getting lost and ending up on Pink Starfish. I eventually got lost again and wandered up random loamers until I hit the climbing trail. As kperras mentioned, still some snow up top. Thought about venturing up to Upper Oilcan or Seventh until I came over the top of the climbing trail onto the road and saw how much snow remained. Rode back down to Ladies which still has a fair amount of snow until you get past the saw sign. Also rode Lower Crippler which was good to go. There was a small tree down near the bottom of the trail, or at least I think it was on the trail as the ride around looked pretty worn in. I don't remember riding that trail before so I couldn't tell.

Feb. 22, 2017, 5:23 p.m.

Went up fromme this aft. Gate still locked, I guess we have to call ahead and make an appt to have it unlocked.
Went up NQ to top of dreamweaver. Trail is running great. Ate shitburger on a greasy root, slid onn my stomach in the nice fresh loam… safe at home plate.
I wonder if I mangled myself riding alone would my trail dog gone for help like the littlest hobo? Doubt it

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Feb. 22, 2017, 6:02 p.m.

Went up fromme this aft. Gate still locked, I guess we have to call ahead and make an appt to have it unlocked.
Went up NQ to top of dreamweaver. Trail is running great. Ate shitburger on a greasy root, slid onn my stomach in the nice fresh loam… safe at home plate.
I wonder if I mangled myself riding alone would my trail dog gone for help like the littlest hobo? Doubt it

You may become his next meal ;)

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Feb. 22, 2017, 10:14 p.m.

went up tonight, leopard was a bad time. crinkum was great as was kirkford.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

March 11, 2017, 9:14 a.m.

Yesterday the lower gate was closed and there was a lot of snow along Braemar at the base of No Quarter. Snowpocalypse is still happening.

March 17, 2017, 1:41 p.m.

Gate is open. Parking lot is open until 6. Bike wash station is working. Road is clear to Ladies/Expresso. A huge tree down at the top of Expresso then lots of snow. Leppard is still snowy but Crinkum Crankum on down is awesome. We are cancelling the snowpocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsUGU-49I1I

March 18, 2017, 9:55 a.m.

No Quarter climber is clear to final switchbacks before road - a few hikes on corners but mostly rideable. Nothing to ride above though still a lot of snow on Executioner. Oil Can down is good to go