2010/11 Seymour Snow Line?

Jan. 21, 2011, 11:29 p.m.

I'm training too, kinda. Just want to do something a little different than my typical Seymour rides. Popping out of S and S and traversing across Bridal to Empress bypass is pretty short so I figured when in Rome…………..I'll see how the Old Buck fares, might dive off at the Baden and return that way. Or I may get super ambitious……..

Shed head!

Jan. 21, 2011, 11:39 p.m.

When in Rome buy a shitty bike and blast it through the Circo Massimo! Hell yeah!

flickr

Jan. 21, 2011, 11:44 p.m.

When in Rome buy a shitty bike and blast it through the Circo Massimo! Hell yeah!

Done!

Shed head!

Jan. 22, 2011, 9:46 a.m.

Friday afternoon, Pangor and Boogieman had snow at the top, maybe 2". scatter snow all the way down boogie with most woodwork covered. The long log ride had patches of snow, pretty sketch.

Jan. 22, 2011, 2:15 p.m.

Just got back from a ride that took us all the way up to Neds, there was a little bit of snow in the open area after Severed. Once at Neds the first bit of wood had snow on it, but then the trail was clear, just wet!

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Jan. 22, 2011, 4:31 p.m.

Lower trails on Seymour were fantastic, did my loop, total ride time 3 hours.

Shed head!

Jan. 22, 2011, 5:12 p.m.

Lower trails on Seymour were fantastic, did my loop, total ride time 3 hours.

Good to hear. Sounds like Seymour is in much better shape than Fromme right now.

flickr

Jan. 22, 2011, 7:17 p.m.

Thinking about looping from Riverside through the Bridal area and up Old Buck and maybe down Ned's?

Did you do this route? If so well done!
Rode Bridal and Sticks and Stones, all was well till I snapped my d-hanger on the ride back to my car. Trails were in nice shape though.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

Jan. 22, 2011, 7:41 p.m.

Did you do this route? If so well done!
Rode Bridal and Sticks and Stones, all was well till I snapped my d-hanger on the ride back to my car. Trails were in nice shape though.

Yup, rode Riverside to Bridal to Stick and Stones, more Bridal, Old Buck to the road, continued on to another trail back on the road (time was getting short), rode up Berkley to Hyannis back down Riverside to the truck. Trails were in great shape, a little wet in places but overall, very nice. Quite the loop today, who knew a 6" travel bike would make it so doable.

Shed head!

Jan. 22, 2011, 8:09 p.m.

I rode up from Riverside on the ? Bridal Trail I thinks it's called last summer. Thats a pretty steep climb. You must be younger (and fitter) than me. :censored:

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

Jan. 22, 2011, 9 p.m.

I rode up from Riverside on the ? Bridal Trail I thinks it's called last summer. Thats a pretty steep climb. You must be younger (and fitter) than me. :censored:

It's not easy, but it's not long, and cleaning to the top today was cool.

Shed head!

Jan. 23, 2011, 1:46 a.m.

Couple too many beers the night before has seen countless people almost ralph at the top of that hill.

flickr

Jan. 23, 2011, 9:54 a.m.

Lower trails on Seymour are good, with the usual wetness going on. No snow on the LSCR [HTML_REMOVED] Bridle Path [HTML_REMOVED] Empress [HTML_REMOVED] Old Buck [HTML_REMOVED] LSCR loop.

The creeks are flowing quite quickly, and there were some good-sized puddles but not as bad as when it's been raining for weeks.

She said, why don't you stop your crying/
Go outside and ride your bike
- Sliver, Nirvana

"If stars were all that mattered, why would I go to the trouble of writing a review?" - Roger Ebert

Jan. 23, 2011, 3:03 p.m.

Incline / Neds was perfect.

Feb. 8, 2011, 12:07 p.m.

We rode TNT, Dirty Diapers, Neds on Sunday. No snow, but more than a little wet.