You've got to be shitting me

May 27, 2009, 10:17 a.m.

Dude. Lacondeguy didn't dive head first into the culture. Lacondeguy IS the culture.

if that's the culture, I want nothing to do with it, or that segment of the sport, that is not, or shouldn't be, mountain biking….

May 27, 2009, 10:32 a.m.

if that's the culture, I want nothing to do with it, or that segment of the sport, that is not, or shouldn't be, mountain biking….

it's not mountain biking. BMX on bigger bikes maybe.

slopestyle/djs is for kids who can't get out to the mountains.

May 27, 2009, 10:34 a.m.

it's not mountain biking. BMX on bigger bikes maybe.

slopestyle/djs is for kids who can't get out to the mountains.

True.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

May 27, 2009, 10:36 a.m.

To the best

He's a twenty year old kid. I'm 50 and look back at the decisions I made when I was twenty, man was I ever an idiot just glad that nothing happened that I would still be held accountable for. :nono::beer::evil:

He's the one who has to look in the mirror every morning and he's probably fine with that.

Its good to see that most of the peeps here have a live and let live attitude.

May 27, 2009, 10:42 a.m.

IIRC, the lacondeguy bros have been racing DH and generally riding bikes for a few years before they burst onto the scene. They may not have a clue about the history of mountain biking, but I fail to see how that is important.

I don't know the guy, but it seems like he's having a good time partying, getting wasted, and riding bikes. Sounds like an ideal way to spend a few years of your youth to me.

May 27, 2009, 7:12 p.m.

Most of you are all sort of missing my point. Let me be clear, I don't give a shit about anyone choosing to drink. I myself drink on a weekly basis and when I do so I do it in mass quanitites. I also have no problems with tattoos, many of my friends have these and I myself have two. My point was more that the kid is a fucking idiot. It would be one thing if he had grown up in this sort of moto/skate culture but the fact is he didn't. He took a trip to southern california and after about 2 weeks of exposure to the culture there he got a full sleeve tattoo and dove head first into this world he knew nothing about. If you asked him to tell you the history of this culture, he would probably not be able to tell you a single fucking thing. He is doign all of this with no sense of integrity or purpose or value and this is more my problem. He doesn't have a fucking clue.

Even if this was 100% true I would still respect him more than you. Lamest thread on NSMB.

this should be interesting

May 27, 2009, 10:59 p.m.

I think you and the OP are scared that you want to be a part of something so bad so that you can label yourselves as mountain bikers, but when something or someone comes along and in your mind tarnishes the image that you so badly want people to believe you are you just have to protest. Wake up call! Mountain biking is just people riding bikes no matter what they do on or off them, they are just people and people are different no matter what they do.

Right on for Andreu living the life so many twenty year olds try to live in thier own little towns only Andreu does it in a bigger scale. If he's a prick so be it he obviously gets called at it and gets his thumpings when due.

I'm the best at being modest !

May 28, 2009, 7:18 a.m.

I think you and the OP are scared that you want to be a part of something so bad so that you can label yourselves as mountain bikers, but when something or someone comes along and in your mind tarnishes the image that you so badly want people to believe you are you just have to protest. Wake up call! Mountain biking is just people riding bikes no matter what they do on or off them, they are just people and people are different no matter what they do.

Right on for Andreu living the life so many twenty year olds try to live in thier own little towns only Andreu does it in a bigger scale. If he's a prick so be it he obviously gets called at it and gets his thumpings when due.

Darn tootin'. And I think FlipFantasia's "That's not mtb" answer was exactly what the best's troll was trying to catch.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

May 28, 2009, 7:48 a.m.

HAHA

I hope Andreu comes on here and makes a thread about you!

then he'd be a total loser. i'm guessing you would have wouldn't you?

IIRC, the lacondeguy bros have been racing DH and generally riding bikes for a few years before they burst onto the scene. They may not have a clue about the history of mountain biking, but I fail to see how that is important.

yeah they're in earth 3, super skilled rider.

May 28, 2009, 7:49 a.m.

scared? ahahahahah, don't think so…I know he's just a kid and having fun, I just think there are ways to handle oneself as a professional, as so many other pros in this sport have done…and he doesn't….that's all….I'm not protesting anything, just stating an opinion much like you are. I'll keep doing what I'm doing, knowing that I'm helping a lot of people enjoy this sport and learn more about it and helping build a community of riders that are passionate about mountain biking….I'm certainly not losing any sleep about this! ahahahah, scared!

May 28, 2009, 10:19 a.m.

i'm scared of anybody that has a tattoo

May 28, 2009, 2:53 p.m.

i'm scared of anybody that has a tattoo

……esspecially if they're dress like a skater-biker

May 28, 2009, 3:05 p.m.

Darn tootin'. And I think FlipFantasia's "That's not mtb" answer was exactly what the best's troll was trying to catch.

to be honest I don't really give a fuck about Andreu or just about anything I post. It's just fun to spend 30 seconds talking shit about a picture or a person and then watching you nerds debate about how wrong and needless my opions are for 5 pages.

May 28, 2009, 3:10 p.m.

to be honest I don't really give a fuck about Andreu or just about anything I post. It's just fun to spend 30 seconds talking shit about a picture or a person and then watching you nerds debate about how wrong and needless my opions are for 5 pages.

bahahaha! you make a thread trashing some dude for drinking and the tattoos he has and we're the nerds? fack you

May 28, 2009, 3:13 p.m.

I drink and have tattoos and have stated this. So, you can either continue pushing the my being " lame"thing or acknowledge the advancement in my statements and come up with something relevant.