Your bikes are not safe here

April 8, 2010, 9:34 p.m.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/790327

And now available in graphic novel,

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/791255--bike-thief-gets-literary-treatment

Another reason why humans are really retarded.

But bike thieves suck. Two of my last three bikes where stolen. But they are the ultimate thing to steal. $4K sitting on wheels with no easy way to recognize it from anyone else cruising around.

But everybody blaming "crackheads" has not taken the time to speak to some of the people done there. Not everyone there is shooting up all the time. I think of all the people I have encountered of that level that I have maybe had an issue with, they have been alcoholics.

:england:

April 8, 2010, 10:05 p.m.

Genious idea for a new cycling disciplene. Take one cheapish commuter bike, and set it up, unlocked somewhere as a bait bike, wait somewhere closeby watching while sitting on some small bike that is easily sprinted and maneuverable(some light jumping hardtail). Sprint after thief and knock him off the bike any way you can hitting him with your bike… It's a mix between real dirty 4X, and retribution! This sounds fun.

April 8, 2010, 10:11 p.m.

But everybody blaming "crackheads" has not taken the time to speak to some of the people done there. Not everyone there is shooting up all the time. I think of all the people I have encountered of that level that I have maybe had an issue with, they have been alcoholics.

It's easy to blame "crackheads" as they are the scapegoat for all robbery and theft these days. It seems to have become the accepted mentality these days to say that all thieves are "crackheads".

There is a very simple technical term to call them, it is a term found in Canadian Law. That term is robbers and when you have your bike stolen it's called being robbed.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 8, 2010, 10:33 p.m.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/04/05/13470706.html

Three hundred bikes will also go north, some to an aboriginal youth centre in Thunder Bay and some to North Spirit Lake First Nations.

i thought canada had signed the basel convention

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 9, 2010, 8:53 p.m.

2008 my norco atomik was stolen from inside my house while i was at school.

then got insurance and bought myself a nice transition bottlerocket and it was so sick rode all summer on it and raced a bit then november 2009 it was stolen from my house…. i think someone is watching me.

i just bought a brand new 2009 aline park edition full saint and chrome chromags super stoked and lots of insurace, chains and guns should keep em out

set upa trip wire maybe…. hmmmm

loam_luver

April 11, 2010, 9:43 p.m.

2008 my norco atomik was stolen from inside my house while i was at school.

then got insurance and bought myself a nice transition bottlerocket and it was so sick rode all summer on it and raced a bit then november 2009 it was stolen from my house…. i think someone is watching me.

i just bought a brand new 2009 aline park edition full saint and chrome chromags super stoked and lots of insurace, chains and guns should keep em out

set upa trip wire maybe…. hmmmm

its gotta be someone you know…someone is giving info and probably getting some $$$ from the thief to tell them where your bike is… sometimes your "friends" can be the biggest fuckin back stabbers alive.

April 11, 2010, 10:32 p.m.

its gotta be someone you know…someone is giving info and probably getting some $$$ from the thief to tell them where your bike is… sometimes your "friends" can be the biggest fuckin back stabbers alive.

That….or maybe they just followed him home. I imagine that's a method thieves might use to find nice bikes to jack.

Bicycles!

April 11, 2010, 11:34 p.m.

this is the reason I keep my bikes right out side my bedroom door, Any one want to steal my bike they better be really really quiet or there gettin a beating, and I take my bike in to stores with me if I go inside and if the store does not like it then they dont get any money from me. Ive had a few bikes stolen over my years of biking and the last time it happened the guy did not like what happened to his house because he was stupid enough to bike back to his house with me running after him. the kids parents did not like there door to much after that XD