Yet another contest.

June 19, 2006, 2:17 p.m.

No, it's not a photo contest. Well, in a way it is…
This is our latest newsletter (FVMBA)
http://www3.telus.net/rossets/fvmba/May%202006%20newsletter%20-%20updated.pdf

Looking at the photos… Tell me the mountain, trail, stunt name, rider name for each of the photos. Obviously, there's not enough detail in the photos to answers ALL of the queries for each photo, just whoever gets the most data correct wins. And - no, none of the riders are famous (yet), so don't stress over that.

No, nothing big it's just for fun.

Most correct response gets a free Team Runky T-Shirt and free membership to FVMBA
Next 5 get free Membership.

respond by PM or email to [email protected].
Contest closes Noon, Friday June 23rd. (2006)

ps - I'm not Team Runky, but Team Runky has been kind enough to offer up some swag for our next trail day, and I'm taking the liberty of using one item here. Thanks team Runky!

One last free membership goes to whomever has the most humorous response.

June 19, 2006, 10:37 p.m.

Cool idea! I'm going to have to get out to the valley to have any clue what trails they are.

June 19, 2006, 11:03 p.m.

heckle and heckle? i thought it was hekyl and jekyl :???: did it get renamed or is that a typo

June 19, 2006, 11:48 p.m.

Ha! No matter how many times something gets proof-read, there's always one more thing.

And yea - both a typo AND a spelling error. I should know how to spell Hekyl and Jekyl, after having grown up with them. (Although, even then, I wondered just what message they were getting across.) Stupid crows.

[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]Steve carefully proofs reads text, before hitting "post" [HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]

June 20, 2006, 6:37 p.m.

the first is the watershed gravity bowl drop and its your son cam, second is your truck and i have no idea where its parked, third is the lost oakleys bridge, 4th is garys new wall on oakleys called dogs breakfast, fourth is the rock drop on time killer with the new tranny ridden by garys son i think, fifth is the ledgeview hike up, probably cam again but not sure, fifth is the quick hit ladder roll down and 6th is soft taco. i have no idea where or who the racer pic is. when do i get my shirt steve?

June 20, 2006, 6:51 p.m.

Ha! No matter how many times something gets proof-read, there's always one more thing.

And yea - both a typo AND a spelling error. I should know how to spell Hekyl and Jekyl, after having grown up with them. (Although, even then, I wondered just what message they were getting across.) Stupid crows.

[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]Steve carefully proofs reads text, before hitting "post" [HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]

You were spelling it right (well, apart from the extra Heckle). Heckle and Jeckle were stupid magpies, though. :)

June 20, 2006, 7:06 p.m.

The "rider" in the bottom left hand corner of page 3 is Daisy.

How about a guess as to how much oil the pictured truck burns per shuttle run? I say 1/4 of a litre.

June 20, 2006, 11:37 p.m.

Cool - getting some good responses, including some by pm.

John: You've got 2 "fifths", and you'll have to be more specific on the first fifth…. and the shirts not yours yet - I've got at least one other reponse that looks as good as, or better than yours.

Not too many 'humorous' responses yet (aside from one dig at the oil), so that spot is still easily up for grabs.

And - one of the pics I wasn't sure about, although I knew the mountain. with the answers that came in, I've been able to confirm what trail it is, so.. thanks.

The pic of the truck is not too clear. here: http://www3.telus.net/blakeway/Picture1%20010.jpg

A woodlot map I've seen lists the one trail (not pictured) as being Heckyl and Jeckyl. I wonder if the trail was named after the magpies, but miss-spelled originally or by the map maker, or was the naming nothing to do with the legendary cartoon characters. Inquiring minds need to know. Original builder/namer of the trail care to put your 2 cents in and clear up the mystery of the century?
oh - and those stinking magpies:

June 20, 2006, 11:59 p.m.

Dont quote me on this, but Im pretty sure hekyl and jekyl is names after dr jekyl and mr hyde. I remember hearing this somewhere .

Also: In the picture where the dude who looks like jay hoots is pushing his bike it looks like the dog is taking a shit…. right on the trail …. Got AK ?

Also Also : That truck, I think I remember it stopping and asking if i wanted candy

June 21, 2006, 6:40 a.m.

The truck is parked at the old TimeKiller exit. The bikes belong to you, Cam and Andre.

June 21, 2006, 8:47 a.m.

i think i need to ride in the valley more, the only pic i recognized is quickhit! :(

June 21, 2006, 9:14 a.m.

pmed you

Cove Peeler For Sale, cheap.

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2717&cat=13

June 21, 2006, 10:16 a.m.

Didn't get a pm, sysco. [HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]edit: yes, I did[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]

June 22, 2006, 5:09 p.m.

Cool - getting some good responses, including some by pm.

John: You've got 2 "fifths", and you'll have to be more specific on the first fifth…. and the shirts not yours yet - I've got at least one other reponse that looks as good as, or better than yours.

Not too many 'humorous' responses yet (aside from one dig at the oil), so that spot is still easily up for grabs.

And - one of the pics I wasn't sure about, although I knew the mountain. with the answers that came in, I've been able to confirm what trail it is, so.. thanks.

The pic of the truck is not too clear. here: http://www3.telus.net/blakeway/Picture1%20010.jpg

A woodlot map I've seen lists the one trail (not pictured) as being Heckyl and Jeckyl. I wonder if the trail was named after the magpies, but miss-spelled originally or by the map maker, or was the naming nothing to do with the legendary cartoon characters. Inquiring minds need to know. Original builder/namer of the trail care to put your 2 cents in and clear up the mystery of the century?
oh - and those stinking magpies:

One of the guys who used to build out there told me it was called that because of a couple of ravens that were hanging out in the area at the time it was being built. Jamie would know for sure, I think he was one of the original builders. No idea as to how they spelled it. I think even the magpies are mis-spelled a lot because of the Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde similarity in names.

June 23, 2006, 2:12 p.m.

OK, so we have some winners. Not the flurry of entries that the NSMB photo contest had, but I guess a shirt and a bunch of memberships just can[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t compare to a really nice bike.

So, first, here[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s the details on the pics.

Pic 1: Delta Water shed, Gravity Bowl. Cam R.
Pic 2: Spoke race#3, Alder acres. Cam R.
Pic 3: Ledgeview, view from bluff
Pic 4: My Truck, TimeKiller exit parking area. Bikes: Andre, Me, Cam
Pic 5: My dog Daisy
Pic 6: Lost Oakley bridge. Mr X, Gary H, Cam R. (and daisy)
Pic 7: Sign post on trail to Cabin, on Time Killer
Pic 8: Dog[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s Breakfast wall ride by Gary H and crew. Lost Oakley
Pic 9: Sumas rock drop, Dean Bridges. Photo taken the day JohnV and crew built the tranny.
Pic 10: Ledgeview road up. Cam M and dog.
Pic 11: Quickhit
Pic 12: Soft Taco [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; sign pointing out steep ahead.

I only had one entry that I[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;d classify as [HTML_REMOVED]#8216;humorous[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;, and that honor goes to Tom. Tom[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s already a FVMBA member, so I[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ll extend your membership for another year.

I [HTML_REMOVED]might[HTML_REMOVED] almost consider Dirtstar500 appended comments to be funny. But they are not. No, the dog[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s not taking a crap, and no that[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s not Jay Hoots. That business about offering candy is just plain stupid. Piss off.

And the winner is[HTML_REMOVED]#8230;[HTML_REMOVED]#8230;[HTML_REMOVED]#8230;.

JohnV with 12 points.

Followed by:
Fitchy: 10 points
Tom: 3 points (but, I can[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t extend it another year, so only one prize per winner.)
Sysco: 2 points
Lady Gravity: 1 point.
AMG 0 points, but what the heck [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; good info on Heckle and Jeckle, so you win too.
heckler 0 points, but since your nsmb name seem apropos to some of the conversation - what the heck you win too.

JohnV: Medium, Large or XL? Either drop by my office in Cloverdale (pm me) or I[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ll hang onto it until we next ride together.

All: pm me your real names and email addresses and I[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ll add you to our membership list as full paid members.

Finally [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; if any of you catch me in a bar [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; I[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;ll buy you a beer. (Thursdays, Fox and Hounds in Aldergrove (10:30pm is best). Tell the bartender that you are looking for Steve the biker. If you are underage [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; and I know at least one of you are [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; there is no expiry date on this promise [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; catch me when you[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;re 19.

Thanks, everybody.