Worth it?

Jan. 16, 2003, 9:54 a.m.

i've been debating pulling my front brake off my minuteman for the winter, here's the thing, i don't know if it's worth it or not to bother since i have a dual crown on the bike anyway. rigth now i'm running dual Hayes Hydros. so is it really worth it at all to take off my front brake? cuase i mean i can't do barspins anyway. here's a picture of her. http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view[HTML_REMOVED]image=58933

also i've been wondering, i've got an old avid mech sitting in my closet, so i'm not sure if i should bother throwing that on the back too? i mean i've got all the parts i need to get it going i just dont know if it's worth it or not. cause if i take off both my hydro's then i don't have to worry as much about breaking lines and shit, but is it really worth it?

.243 Avengers :thepimp:
.243 Racing, Ridge Protective Gear

Jan. 16, 2003, 10:05 a.m.

I don't really see the point of taking it off.

Jan. 16, 2003, 11:16 a.m.

take the dual crown off your bike dude:)

Jan. 16, 2003, 12:27 p.m.

if you keep that fork dont take the brake off, its pretty pointless

and I think an sc would be dope too, but im a lightweight

Jan. 16, 2003, 2:28 p.m.

Mikey, I remember you saying that you don't like sc forks much. I've found my MM to ride so nicely with a Shiver SC fork.

If you have a chance, give it a try.

It's probably not worth taking your front brake in have a dc crown. I always thought the whole point of having a rear brake only was to do bar spins.

Jan. 16, 2003, 3:50 p.m.

Originally posted by C.C.
**Mikey, I remember you saying that you don't like sc forks much. I've found my MM to ride so nicely with a Shiver SC fork.

If you have a chance, give it a try.

It's probably not worth taking your front brake in have a dc crown. I always thought the whole point of having a rear brake only was to do bar spins. **

i know, i wanna put a single crown on my bike SOOOOOOO badly, but i have NO money, and i figure even if i sell my fork i'll still have to pay some money out of my own pocket and quite frankly i can't afford that. maybe once i get a job…

Jan. 16, 2003, 3:58 p.m.

i dont see the point with dual crown..

im runnin sc with no front brake, i like it.. all i do in winter is skatepark, it just feels better, less cables to throw around for x-up , (i cant barspin) - one less thing to break..

not really much point, i just llike it better

tommrorow. mom took the van/

Jan. 16, 2003, 4 p.m.

Originally posted by OptionaL
**i dont see the point with dual crown..

haha i bought the dual crown cause it cost me next to nothing to get it from selling my other fork, and i hadn't had much luck other single crowns at the time. now i definatly wanna go back…

Jan. 16, 2003, 4:01 p.m.

Originally posted by MiKeY
haha i bought the dual crown cause it cost me next to nothing to get it from selling my other fork, and i hadn't had much luck other single crowns at the time. now i definatly wanna go back…

oh no i didnt mean it like that..

i meant "i dont see the point of running no front brake with dual crown"

not "i dont see the point in dual crowns"

tommrorow. mom took the van/

Jan. 16, 2003, 4:04 p.m.

I have the same bike with a SC though. I took my front brake off and it is awesome. I get such a stronger grip on the bars now!:thepimp: And I ain't doing any barspins either.

It is nice cause it makes the bike seem so simple. I have single speed too. So the only thing I have is one single brake lever on the bars.

I never find that I wish I had a front brake. Although I only use it for street and DJ. If you only have one bike and like to ride trails, you need your front brake, trust me!!

Jan. 16, 2003, 4:16 p.m.

back brake only is pointless, btw y did u delete my post on PB a while back where i was critisizing your bike? Well i'll do it again here, that headangle is disgusting, i dont see what that bike can possibly be good for with that setup, 3 inch rise on the bar too, jeezus, get dual 24s a sc fork and put the seat down ( i know you want everyone to see the .243 logo but its not worth it)……. …….ummmmm yea, a bit too much there but just my 2 cents

btw i'm sure you'll find someone who'll trade you an older z1 for your fork

yes I lost it

Jan. 16, 2003, 4:23 p.m.

Originally posted by some_dude
**back brake only is pointless, btw y did u delete my post on PB a while back where i was critisizing your bike? Well i'll do it again here, that headangle is disgusting, i dont see what that bike can possibly be good for with that setup, 3 inch rise on the bar too, jeezus, get dual 24s a sc fork and put the seat down ( i know you want everyone to see the .243 logo but its not worth it)……. …….ummmmm yea, a bit too much there but just my 2 cents

btw i'm sure you'll find someone who'll trade you an older z1 for your fork **

:roll: what makes you think i deleted the post? cause i know i didn't. i accept critizism about my bike and shit.

also just to note, that was directly after putting it together, i hadn't ridden it at all, since then i've played around with the angles a bit and it doesn't look quite so horrible, plus the fact that i'm rather tall 6' 1 and i like my bikes chopper. i can do everything on this bike and i'm perfectly happy with the way it's setup but i wouldn't mind getting a single crown for it.

i don't need to put the seat down because the bike is already damn small and as i've already said i'm a tall guy. i put the seat down one day, and i couldn't even pedal the bike. where it is there in that pic is the perfect height for me because i can still sit down and pedal, and i've yet to get kicked in the ass with the seat so it's all good.

Jan. 16, 2003, 4:25 p.m.

Originally posted by The Vision

I never find that I wish I had a front brake. Although I only use it for street and DJ. If you only have one bike and like to ride trails, you need your front brake, trust me!!

for now it is my only bike, but right now there are no trails to ride, and i mean if i go for a trail ride, i've got ODI lock on's and all the other good stuff, so it'd take me all of 2 minutes to put a front brake back on.

Jan. 16, 2003, 4:41 p.m.

ya i don't see the point if you have dc you can't do barspins any way

Live To Ride-Ride To Live

Jan. 16, 2003, 4:51 p.m.

mikey, im sure someone would trade you for a sc ?