Work on Fromme Climbing Trail

Oct. 4, 2019, 2:24 p.m.

Espresso is a good climb on  a sunny sunday too ;)

Oct. 4, 2019, 8:39 p.m.

12 people climbing it at one time just shows we need more non-secret black diamond climbing trails

Oct. 4, 2019, 10:35 p.m.

Posted by: taprider

12 people climbing it at one time just shows we need more non-secret black diamond climbing trails

Or a way to climb from Mushroom to the road. The current choices are to climb Corkscrew or push up Incline, neither of which are ideal.

Oct. 4, 2019, 11:04 p.m.

Posted by: D_C_

Or a way to climb from Mushroom to the road. The current choices are to climb Corkscrew or push up Incline, neither of which are ideal.

Yes. That would be awesome. I often climb mushroom to the midpoint intersection of corkscrew, and would love to be able to climb up that bit and hit it from the top or head over to tnt/cabin. Not interested in pushing up and getting in the way of the DH traffic though.

Oct. 5, 2019, 12:18 a.m.

Membership numbers drive success with advocacy work.  The land manager needs to hear from the people.

Oct. 7, 2019, 11:43 a.m.

The rare times I've done that on Seymour I just push up Incline.

Fromme climb trail is great with all the recent work, although yes soft/muddy in parts. Rode it yesterday and yeah the by-passes/smoothing has made it so an average rider like myself can make it without really dabbing due to tech obstacles (fitness is another story).

Did a couple extra laps at the end of my ride of Lower Crippler to see the new Scoliocoaster, Lower Express and Lower Digger. Braemer was wall to wall parked cars, guessing the bear closure at Seymour caused more to ride Fromme this weekend, parking lot must have been silly.

Oct. 7, 2019, 11:43 a.m.

The rare times I've done that on Seymour I just push up Incline.

Fromme climb trail is great with all the recent work, although yes soft/muddy in parts. Rode it yesterday and yeah the by-passes/smoothing has made it so an average rider like myself can make it without really dabbing due to tech obstacles (fitness is another story).

Did a couple extra laps at the end of my ride of Lower Crippler to see the new Scoliocoaster, Lower Express and Lower Digger. Braemer was wall to wall parked cars, guessing the bear closure at Seymour caused more to ride Fromme this weekend, parking lot must have been silly.

Oct. 7, 2019, 5:06 p.m.

Ya,  the street was full of cars mid-day on Sunday.  Happy to see so many giving the climbing trail a try as well as so many avoiding Seymour and letting the bear be.  I spoke with a handful of riders at the top of 7th and in the lot early Saturday and the bear was the main reason for choosing Fromme, mine too.  This is good!

Oct. 7, 2019, 8:17 p.m.

Yep fromme was insane Sunday. I did the climb trail once up to executioner, down that and Dreamweaver, then back up again and on to 7th. I've contemplated doing the whole thing twice in a row but as it was the second lap felt a little sadistic. Lol

Last edited by: Kenny on Oct. 21, 2019, 4:46 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 19, 2019, 7:02 p.m.

Finally rode the climbing trail. I think it works great and seems like a good mix that can cater to a pretty wide spectrum of riders which is what the mtn needs.  I’m a bit disappointed I never got around to riding the “harder” version though and would like a bit more tech but it’s pretty good as is imo.

Oct. 21, 2019, 10:13 a.m.

Chomping at the bit to get up there and ride this. Love me a good climbing trail. Kudos builders!

I think the great climbing trails out in Fraser Valley are what make the area so good. Glad to see it closer to home.

Oct. 21, 2019, 3:14 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Finally rode the climbing trail. I think it works great and seems like a good mix that can cater to a pretty wide spectrum of riders which is what the mtn needs.  I’m a bit disappointed I never got around to riding the “harder” version though and would like a bit more tech but it’s pretty good as is imo.

The first section of Dyer maker AKA the Ribcage will be back to it's original state if these rains keep up. Glad you made the trip up.

Oct. 21, 2019, 4:17 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

The first section of Dyer maker AKA the Ribcage will be back to it's original state if these rains keep up. Glad you made the trip up.

I'm currently demo'ing the lastest progression in trail bikes and as it rolls on 36" wheels that section probably won't be an issue.

Last edited by: syncro on Oct. 21, 2019, 4:18 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 28, 2019, 7:07 p.m.

Posted by: syncro I`m currently demo'ing the lastest progression in trail bikes and as it rolls on 36" wheels that section probably won't be an issue.

I`d gusee the motor doesnt hurt either. ;)

Oct. 29, 2019, 10:35 a.m.

I think I made it up the climbing route without dabbing for the first time (probably because of the recent-ish work, and being motivated on the ribcage by the group I was riding with). I still had to take a couple breaks due to fitness but didn't walk anything. Yay.