Work on Fromme Climbing Trail

Sept. 27, 2019, 11:06 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

As for overall difficulty of the climb, it pales compared to just about every climb in whistler. In BC I'd call it a moderate-hard climb. Anyone ever do the IMBY climb at Eagle? Wtf? I was doing track stands to get my heart rate down when the trail dipped below 30% incline.

So if I find the IMBY climb to be slightly hard then the Fomme climb should be easy peasy?

Sept. 27, 2019, 11:17 p.m.

Imo yup.

Last edited by: RAHrider on Sept. 27, 2019, 11:18 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 30, 2019, 3:05 p.m.

IMBY definitely harder technically and steeper even though it's shorter IMO as well. IMBY just feels unrelenting every time I go haha. Reminds me I haven't been to Eagle since the spring...

Oct. 1, 2019, 10:40 p.m.

Posted by: Silk

I sure would like to know what everyone is riding to think that the climbing trail has become to easy. My daily 60km bike commute to UBC from Lynn Valley keeps me in what I think is good shape and I am on the climbing trail every Sunday AM.

I think this is a great intro for a new thread but seeing as how this has already evolved, maybe continue with Climbs that make you appreciate Fromme:

IMBY on eagle is an easy one already mentioned - I think this is up there with some of the steeper climbs that is reasonably "cleanable"

Sweet Sally in Nelson - called Savage Sally by locals. Haven't done it in years but all I remember is grinding straight up for an hour

Comfortably Numb in Whistler - not the steepest but certainly deserves credit based on length and unrelenting technical features

Although I loved these climbs (except Savage Sally), they also make me appreciate how enjoyable the Fromme trail is comparatively. Anyone who complains about traversing and in the process loosing 20m of elevation needs to give their head a shake IMO.

Anyone else have any climbs that make them appreciate the climbing trail on Fromme?

Oct. 1, 2019, 11:19 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Anyone else have any climbs that make them appreciate the climbing trail on Fromme?

I haven't done the Fromme route yet but a good climb workout is one that starts on the north side of Bby Mtn.  Park at the skills park on Barnet  and take the service road and hang your hat (good warm-up) to the bottom of the TCT.  Go up TCT, climb up Ben and Jerry's, up to the TCT and then up via Cardiac. A good option instead of Cardiac is to climb Mel's up to the Watermain trail and then take that up to the ring road

Oct. 2, 2019, 9:37 a.m.

Someone should mention Big Trouble in Little Chainring on Bear Mtn. My favourite of all the local climbs.

Oct. 3, 2019, 9:17 a.m.

I enjoy using this for Fromme - start at McNair, climb in through Mountain View Park to Griffin Ascent -> Lower Griffin->King of The Shore -> Roadside Attraction

Mix it up by either climbing onwards up Middle Griffin and back into Roadside or go full on and take Upper Griffin all the way to Cedar Trail exit

What I enjoy about these climbs is that they can be taken as slowly or as speedily as the rider wants. If I'm in a easy-spin-in-my-lowest-gear mood, it's all about body position to stop front end lifting or rear end slipping.

From then, if I really want to put the hate on my legs, Wardens is only 2 switchbacks away

Whoops, I thought this was 'other climbs you appreciate on Fromme' - needed more coffee.

Well, the climb from Perth all the way into Ed's Access to Mad Access into Top Mad Hatter made me wish for the sweet embrace of Dreamweaver uphill

Last edited by: DanL on Oct. 3, 2019, 10:35 a.m., edited 3 times in total.
Oct. 3, 2019, 1:03 p.m.

Posted by: craw

Someone should mention Big Trouble in Little Chainring on Bear Mtn. My favourite of all the local climbs.

Have you ever ventured across the street and climbed Valley to Rednecks revenge to Crazy 8’s. Very good climb with some challenging technical bits. The down is real fun too.

Oct. 3, 2019, 3:25 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Have you ever ventured across the street and climbed Valley to Rednecks revenge to Crazy 8’s. Very good climb with some challenging technical bits. The down is real fun too.

I'll put it on my list!

Oct. 3, 2019, 9:25 p.m.

I'll put it on my list!

Couldn't agree more with this suggestion. Typical loop for me is Valley view - redneck - crazy 8 - hells bells - road to red rider - momentun.  The climb is awesome!

Kerry'd Away on Vedder is awesome. Not hard but such a great climbing route.

Oct. 4, 2019, 9:29 a.m.

Those are on Red Mtn across the street from Bear? What's Valley? I don't see it on Trailforks.

Oct. 4, 2019, 10:10 a.m.

I think he means Valley View on Red Mtn. 

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/valley-view-1072/

Oct. 4, 2019, 11:04 a.m.

The dozen riders climbing up Corkscrew last Sunday around 11:00 am, please stop.  It's not a climbing trail and you can't get off the trail fast enough...  assholes.

Oct. 4, 2019, 12:54 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

The dozen riders climbing up Corkscrew last Sunday around 11:00 am, please stop.  It's not a climbing trail and you can't get off the trail fast enough...  assholes.

it's 99% climbable (100% for Chris Akrigg)

Oct. 4, 2019, 1:20 p.m.

So is John Deer. Doesn’t mean you should. Especially with a large crowd on a busy day. Grow some brains.