Wildfire on Fromme Mountain

Aug. 1, 2009, 11:01 a.m.

Yesterday we had to respond to a report of a wildfire on Mt. Fromme. The fire was confirmed by helicopter patrol and we actioned it with an initial attack crew, followed up by a sustained action crew for the remainder of the day. The fire was "very likely" the result of someone smoking as it was a smoldering ground fire. While it all turned out ok, it had the real potential to be a big problem. If you see or smell people smoking out there let them know that it's not cool and jeopardizes people's safety as well as the trails that we all love. Stay safe and respect the fire bans!!!!

Aug. 1, 2009, 11:04 a.m.

talking about this on the way up yesterday. suprised Fromme has been shut down yet because of the close proximity to houses

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Aug. 1, 2009, 11:28 a.m.

Ugh! Why do douche bags have to smoke in the wilderness and potentially spoil it for everybody?! Can it really not wait? Jesus! Not to mention the potential for people to lose their homes or worse! ugh ugh ugh

Aug. 1, 2009, 12:30 p.m.

Can you say what trail or what area was the fire near?

Aug. 1, 2009, 2:57 p.m.

Smokers…what a disappointing creature.

fyp

iforonewelcome.com

Aug. 1, 2009, 7:13 p.m.

So one selfish ignorant moron may well cost everyone the opportunity to enjoy the trails, and may even destroy the trails, people's houses, or even cause loss of life.

I'm all for peaceful solutions, but smoking on the trails at this point merits a serious beat down. If you're going to smoke in the woods you better have your posse with you.

Bullsh*t threats aside though, people need to be called on this sort of crap. Smoking has become extremely untrendy in the last decade, and thus the hangers-on must be the most committedly ignorant and defiantly stupid of the lot. We are now dealing with a select population of moron smokers that have not figured out what larger and larger portions of the rest of society has figured out. If the overwhelming scientific evidence of smoking causing death, and the negative vibes directed to smoking, and the repeated examples of forest and structure fires has not been enough to prevent these imbeciles from smoking in a tinder-box, then a polite word on the trail is unlikely to get them to stop.

I bet it would be a lot harder to smoke on the trails with both of your legs broken. Ooops, there I go again, but I'm really trying hard to think of a non-violent way to stop people from smoking in the woods. Let's see, laws have failed, conclusive scientific evidence has failed, shifts in fashion and peer pressure have failed, common sense has obviously failed failed failed and failed badly. Have we even tried violence yet? Hmmmmmmmm………….

Aug. 1, 2009, 8:52 p.m.

[QUOTE=cerealkilla';2210549]So one selfish ignorant moron may well cost everyone the opportunity to enjoy the trails, and may even destroy the trails, people's houses, or even cause loss of life.

I'm all for peaceful solutions, but smoking on the trails at this point merits a serious beat down. If you're going to smoke in the woods you better have your posse with you.

Bullsh*t threats aside though, people need to be called on this sort of crap. Smoking has become extremely untrendy in the last decade, and thus the hangers-on must be the most committedly ignorant and defiantly stupid of the lot. We are now dealing with a select population of moron smokers that have not figured out what larger and larger portions of the rest of society has figured out. If the overwhelming scientific evidence of smoking causing death, and the negative vibes directed to smoking, and the repeated examples of forest and structure fires has not been enough to prevent these imbeciles from smoking in a tinder-box, then a polite word on the trail is unlikely to get them to stop.

I bet it would be a lot harder to smoke on the trails with both of your legs broken. Ooops, there I go again, but I'm really trying hard to think of a non-violent way to stop people from smoking in the woods. Let's see, laws have failed, conclusive scientific evidence has failed, shifts in fashion and peer pressure have failed, common sense has obviously failed failed failed and failed badly. Have we even tried violence yet? Hmmmmmmmm………….

I would sit here reping you all night for that post if I could, one will have to do.

Aug. 1, 2009, 9:13 p.m.

I would like to nominate Lee Lau as head of the Vigilante Committee in dealing with the retards.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 1, 2009, 9:34 p.m.

I would sit here reping you all night for that post if I could, one will have to do.

Best rant ever, I'd rep it thrice if I could!

Aug. 2, 2009, 5:28 a.m.

I would like to nominate Lee Lau as head of the Vigilante Committee in dealing with the retards.

I second this. With Synchro as his left hand.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Aug. 2, 2009, 7:15 a.m.

A little birdy told me this was a lighting strike as well (God was trying to strike down the cravers and missed!)

Cant find any proof on the interweb though…..

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 2, 2009, 9:21 a.m.

No more building for me until the fire threat is over. To much of a risk up on fromme.

I have free time so maybe a lawn chair with a cooler of cold beverages at the gate to remind people of the danger is in order.

living right at the base inside princess park I sure hope the district issues the ban soon. It is evident that smokers will do what they want or can not read.

Aug. 2, 2009, 9:29 a.m.

Great idea! Looking forward to the POV footage as he lays down some hurt on the meatheads.

Aug. 2, 2009, 12:25 p.m.

No more building for me until the fire threat is over. To much of a risk up on fromme.

I have free time so maybe a lawn chair with a cooler of cold beverages at the gate to remind people of the danger is in order.

i will support you with that

Aug. 2, 2009, 5:05 p.m.

A little birdy told me this was a lighting strike as well (God was trying to strike down the cravers and missed!)

One of my buddy's has Monica Craver for an aunt. Ironically, he bikes.

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/