Why not just pave Boogieman!

March 22, 2003, 2:38 p.m.

trails should be getting harder not easier

come build stuff on burke

ride it, hit it

March 22, 2003, 4:19 p.m.

Until I see your ass working on Seymour Slack, who ever you are, You have absolutely no say in anything me or any of the other workers do.

I agree it's not right to pave but suck it up and deal with it. maybe talk to PD and helo him out. 2 people do twice as much as 1.

Again if you don't help stfu.

2000 VPS Custom Travel sz. medium w/ Raceface BB, Blackspire chainguide, Axiom Seatpost, Tank hs… $400. Champagne Hayes w/rotors… $299/pair. Front 20mm Formula laced to 26" Doublewide w/ 2.8 Michelin and dh tube… $150. Rear Formula laced to 24" DX32 w/ XTR 8spd Cog, Highroller 2.7, dh tube… $200. 8spd XT derailler/shifter…$100. FUNN FatboySlim/Serial Killa 31.8 Combo w/ Odi Lockons… $100. Dainese Legs and Arms sz. med… $100. Magura HS-11's… $50/pair. Or take it all for $1200 and

March 22, 2003, 4:36 p.m.

k first off m33p you need an attitude change. secondly wilkez, its not anyones god given right to go build stuff on trails. if it was why dont i just go build whatever i want off of boogeyman. even if it is a hideous monstosity and is stoopid and has no flow whatsoever. i am not sayin gthe work that has been done on the trail is bad or anything, i haven't ridden it yet this year. but it is not our right to go work on trails….sorry scratch that….build stuff on trails unless consulting the original builders. sure its fine to maybe drain and puddle, reinforce a ladder and stuff. but to begin to build new things, and compleelty change the line of the trails is not alright.
and the first person to tell me to do work gets a smack in the face….i do my share of work. maybe it aint on the shore but i spent most of the morning digging dirt jumps. so i know whats its like to do somthing and have others change it without consultation.

peace

yes i still ride a bike…rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

March 22, 2003, 4:40 p.m.

Originally posted by sir HUCK-A-LOT
**k first off m33p you need an attitude change. secondly wilkez, its not anyones god given right to go build stuff on trails. if it was why dont i just go build whatever i want off of boogeyman. even if it is a hideous monstosity and is stoopid and has no flow whatsoever. i am not sayin gthe work that has been done on the trail is bad or anything, i haven't ridden it yet this year. but it is not our right to go work on trails….sorry scratch that….build stuff on trails unless consulting the original builders. sure its fine to maybe drain and puddle, reinforce a ladder and stuff. but to begin to build new things, and compleelty change the line of the trails is not alright.
and the first person to tell me to do work gets a smack in the face….i do my share of work. maybe it aint on the shore but i spent most of the morning digging dirt jumps. so i know whats its like to do somthing and have others change it without consultation.

peace **

My Attitude? HA!

My above post still stands.

I agree it shouldn't be altered, but if it actually helps the trail I'm all for it. Anyone workin on a trail is good because we have fuck all for trail maintenance people. How many riders to people who work on the trails? 1/5, 1/50, 1/100. I'd say even higher than 1 to every hundred riders.

2000 VPS Custom Travel sz. medium w/ Raceface BB, Blackspire chainguide, Axiom Seatpost, Tank hs… $400. Champagne Hayes w/rotors… $299/pair. Front 20mm Formula laced to 26" Doublewide w/ 2.8 Michelin and dh tube… $150. Rear Formula laced to 24" DX32 w/ XTR 8spd Cog, Highroller 2.7, dh tube… $200. 8spd XT derailler/shifter…$100. FUNN FatboySlim/Serial Killa 31.8 Combo w/ Odi Lockons… $100. Dainese Legs and Arms sz. med… $100. Magura HS-11's… $50/pair. Or take it all for $1200 and

March 22, 2003, 5:59 p.m.

y woodnt your post still be standing???????

i think you need to get riding becauseur becoming a bit of a biznatch

ride it, hit it

March 22, 2003, 6:08 p.m.

Building to accomadate a wider range of riders (that is, everyone, not just paving the way for 'noobs') is a great approach, but fucking with someones trail without asking definately ain't cool.

March 22, 2003, 6:16 p.m.

Originally posted by m33p
**My Attitude? HA!

My above post still stands.

I agree it shouldn't be altered, but if it actually helps the trail I'm all for it. Anyone workin on a trail is good because we have fuck all for trail maintenance people. How many riders to people who work on the trails? 1/5, 1/50, 1/100. I'd say even higher than 1 to every hundred riders. **

I think our energy should be more focussed here on the fact that - regardless of the number of builders to riders, we all need to keep maintaining our trails. I build often. I go out on crazy rainy days to see where the water wants to flow, and stack racks near there. You can do this to. People will eventually get the idea that we must keep erosion to a minimal, and that some of us will eventually come by to build whatever is needed to keep our passion alive and well by minimalizing the damage to parklands.

The number of riders will keep growing - no doubt. The number of builders will, too. Next time you go for a ride, collect rocks on each trail you ride.

March 22, 2003, 6:22 p.m.

Do I know you?

It seems like Squamish has the best builder\rider ratio. We rule.

March 22, 2003, 6:31 p.m.

Squish is the place to be. Dunno if I've run into/over you. hehe. Moved to Squamish last year cuz I found myself more and more riding here and Whistler. I'm always into going for a ride, PM me sometime, we'll shred Diamondhead or somethin

March 22, 2003, 6:38 p.m.

Wow Slack. I don't know who you are at all. But I do know Bear and he's not shy to share his opinion. Neither is Achoo. If you Slack, have a problem with PD's work why don't you tell him yourself. I know that both Bear and Achoo would have no problem sharing their opinion with PD if they had a problem. THey sure wouldn't start bitching about PD's work publicly without doing the courtesy of talking to him first!

If you've already spoken to PD, well that's all good then./

Unless, of course the purpose of this thread is just to start discussion! If that's the purpose then all i can say is that you're just about as diplomatic as Donald Rumsfeld!

March 22, 2003, 6:53 p.m.

Originally posted by $lack
Just wondering about peoples reaction to the new ramp at the top of the last face of Boogieman.

PD said he did it to protect the root system

[Way to go Petie (or whatever your name is - you know who who are). Why don't you just pave the whole damn trail!

Why don't you tell him yourself at [email protected] if you feel so strongly about it?

[While I think all of us appreciate efforts made with regard to trail maintenance, changing the flavour of the trail to suit less accomplished riders is WAY out of line.

Is that your opinion or is that a fact? Seems to me that this bit of work saves some root sections

At no point was Bear consulted before this bit of pablum was erected.

What?!? Bear should be consulted before a shovelful of dirt is lifted on Boogieman.

If you really want to start a debate then lets debate this statement.

- Its courtesy to talk to the original builder of a trail before building on a trail. We can all agree on that I think

- What if you disagree with the original builder?

- What if the original builder is super busy (new Dad, new job, working out-of-town etc etc), and can't really give you input.

Well then, what do you do? Not work on something till you get the OK?

March 22, 2003, 6:56 p.m.

yeah just pave it, now

March 22, 2003, 7:04 p.m.

Originally posted by Zedbra
**I think our energy should be more focussed here on the fact that - regardless of the number of builders to riders, we all need to keep maintaining our trails. I build often. I go out on crazy rainy days to see where the water wants to flow, and stack racks near there. You can do this to. People will eventually get the idea that we must keep erosion to a minimal, and that some of us will eventually come by to build whatever is needed to keep our passion alive and well by minimalizing the damage to parklands.

The number of riders will keep growing - no doubt. The number of builders will, too. Next time you go for a ride, collect rocks on each trail you ride. **

Thanks, I miantain stuff on Ned's on Seymour, not to mention A lot of burke and some secret dj's. I work on any day I have free.

I think people just need to get off there horse and get working. if 1/5 riders worked on the trails they would all be so nice.

Back to the point.

Yes Bearshould have consulted.

Maybe the ramp is in a bad place,

No you have no right to ridicule him on this. least he's gettin off his ass and doing something.

March 22, 2003, 7:22 p.m.

If a section of trail is too difficult for you or just blows the flow of the trail and annoys you, instead of modifying someone elses work and pissing the people off who enjoyed that section, build an alternative line beside the "problem" section. The trail is not changed and riders benefit from the choice of lines. Result: a) a better flowing trail or b) an easier line beside something that less skilled riders can aim to do one day.

Although PD may be out of line, at least he's working on trails so he doesn't deserve to be treated rudely.

March 22, 2003, 7:34 p.m.

I guess I gotta go look at it. PD does a shitload of good work out there, so I'm not gonna slag. But if it really IS built over bedrock….whatareyathinkin? Especially with so much other stuff needing work.

On the more informed side, I rode Pangor yesterday and props to the Zaborowskis and everyone else who's been buffing out one of the nicer intermediate trails on the shore. Great flow option for the newbies.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018