Why has Pink Starfish been decommissioned?

Aug. 23, 2016, 10:53 a.m.

:lol:

I hope the NSMBA and other advocacy groups bring M.Cravers Twitter account to attention when dealing with land managers.

Never forget. And embed for longevity.

Big Boi [HTML_REMOVED] Dre 3000

Ah ha, hush that fuss
Everybody move to the back of the bus
Do you want to bump and slump with us
We the type of people make the club get crunk

:rave:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 23, 2016, 10:59 a.m.

Are you kidding? Monica thinks she's Rosa Parks. That preventing people from recreating in the forest is akin to fighitng the racism that rose from the ashes of slavery.

That's how delusional she is.

https://twitter.com/MECraver/status/759488792814194688

Hating mountain biking where she lives, is like hating surfing and living on the North Shore of Hawaii. I'm sure there is a Hawaiian version of Monica.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Aug. 23, 2016, 1:16 p.m.

But it's OK for her to walk the trails. And with a dog that disturbs nature more than any mountain biker.

Oh, and then there her kid that kills endangered frogs.

She's batshit crazy, such a hypocrite, and associates with criminals:

I really feel sorry for the district people having to put up with her idiocy.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 23, 2016, 1:40 p.m.

She's batshit crazy, such a hypocrite, and associates with criminals:

I really feel sorry for the district people having to put up with her idiocy.

Just one or two criminals

See who likes to make comments on her twitter posts.

Aug. 24, 2016, 8:22 a.m.

I hiked from Cypress Ski Area to Eagle Buffs two weekends ago. I've never seen trail erosion and braiding like what happens on a hiking trail.

https://twitter.com/MECraver/status/766690678210342912

Lol, LL gets over 30,000 user visits a year, a lot of those by dog walkers, hikers, trail runners and other feet oriented users, and yes, bikes too. That mother bear bluff charged all of the above and likely enjoyed all the trash that frisbee golfers can't seem to remove after they empty their cans and food containers as well. To try and pin this solely on bikes only highlights her sheer ignorance. But we all know she's clueless

Aug. 24, 2016, 8:24 a.m.

Guys, I really think we should stop talking about her. She may be suffering from OCD or some similar form of illness. No healthy person is this obsessed about anything. She is fighting a lost battle and doesn’t even know it. Riding on the Shore is way beyond escape velocity and there is nothing she can do about it.

Everyone involved at the district is surely beyond fed up with her. She is not a threat to us. The only thing she has is twitter/the internet to try and spread her message. My guess is when she gets mentioned on this site and elsewhere it is just encouraging her. If everyone completely ignores her she and her sad entitled attitude will just fade away.

Aug. 24, 2016, 9:10 a.m.

Lol, LL gets over 30,000 user visits a year, a lot of those by dog walkers, hikers, trail runners and other feet oriented users, and yes, bikes too. That mother bear bluff charged all of the above and likely enjoyed all the trash that frisbee golfers can't seem to remove after they empty their cans and food containers as well. To try and pin this solely on bikes only highlights her sheer ignorance. But we all know she's clueless

Nah- she just hates us so much she will automatically reason that it's our fault. I assume she can't wait to read this board every morning, scouring the web looking for any lame propaganda to add to her crusade.

Hi Monica.. Have a nice day

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Aug. 24, 2016, 9:13 a.m.

By LL you mean Lower Ladies? Lower Ladies gets 30000 visitors a year?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Aug. 24, 2016, 9:22 a.m.

By LL you mean Lower Ladies? Lower Ladies gets 30000 visitors a year?

LL = Lost Lake trails in Whistler

Aug. 24, 2016, 9:24 a.m.

LL = Lost Lake trails in Whistler

Makes a lot more sense.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Aug. 24, 2016, 9:37 p.m.

That feature def. wasn't on Starfish. Lower Digger as I recall - after you cross St. Mary's. And it didn't rot. It was in great shape. It fanned out toward the bottom. I shot Joe Schwartz riding it a few years ago.

it was on digger. Built by Matt Nodwell. He brought the "trials" flavour to the "Digger" line. Total resurection of that line which lasted quite a while. Torn out by the authorities a few years ago. I helped him to mine old stringers from Watchamacallit to build some of the other features he added.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Aug. 25, 2016, 8:37 a.m.

it was on digger. Built by Matt Nodwell. He brought the "trials" flavour to the "Digger" line. Total resurection of that line which lasted quite a while. Torn out by the authorities a few years ago. I helped him to mine old stringers from Watchamacallit to build some of the other features he added.

Honestly breaks my heart that trails like that aren't around anymore :(

Aug. 25, 2016, 9:16 a.m.

Honestly breaks my heart that trails like that aren't around anymore :(

Have you been to Bowen Island? Go find Dan's stash of high impossible skinnys.

Aug. 25, 2016, 6:27 p.m.

So Monica, if you take the time to read about this particular bear at Lost Lake, you will discover that this bear had been becoming progressively more aggressive and had been moving around so that an area closure was not possible. And the swat the bear made at the rider was near the Passive House. If you ever are in the area please note that there are way more walkers than riders and the trails are multi use. Not only that but while it is forested, the park is surrounded by residential construction and a golf course. In other words, the bear was in human territory. If there is such a thing.

Now I don't think too many people are happy that a bear and two cubs were killed, and by examining what happened might teach us how to avoid this thing in the future, but your contention that mountain biking caused this is utter nonsense.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Aug. 26, 2016, 8:55 a.m.

So Monica, if you take the time to read about this particular bear at Lost Lake, you will discover that this bear had been becoming progressively more aggressive and had been moving around so that an area closure was not possible. And the swat the bear made at the rider was near the Passive House. If you ever are in the area please note that there are way more walkers than riders and the trails are multi use. Not only that but while it is forested, the park is surrounded by residential construction and a golf course. In other words, the bear was in human territory. If there is such a thing.

Now I don't think too many people are happy that a bear and two cubs were killed, and by examining what happened might teach us how to avoid this thing in the future, but your contention that mountain biking caused this is utter nonsense.

Trying to reason with her is like trying to explain evolution to some hard core religious nut. Trust me, NOTHING you say is going to convince her, you are just encouraging her. So stop wasting your time. Ignore her.