Why has Pink Starfish been decommissioned?

July 21, 2016, 9:56 p.m.

Splinky made a cameo appearance on her twitter feed!

really? where?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 21, 2016, 10:12 p.m.

So this year the big controversy is PS. Sigh.

Anyone taking bets on what it will be for 2017?

July 21, 2016, 10:59 p.m.

really? where?

Here.

Or more specifically, here.

The keys to the forest are in there :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 22, 2016, 5:48 a.m.

HI MONICA

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

July 22, 2016, 6:04 a.m.

So what's the story with the frogs on the hillside?

Are they endangered, or is she just spouting noise?
Can we catch them and eat them?

Froglegs are yummy, like chickenwings.

edit:
I did some search-a-rooing aboot.
The frog she's been so adamant to "save" after moving into a house built ontop
of their little froggy heads is the Northern Red Legged frog.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_red-legged_frog

It isn't even close to being endangered, it is classified as "LC" - least concern.

I bet they'd taste good with some salt and pepper and lemon.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

July 22, 2016, 6:42 a.m.

i prefer the taste of steak.

i usually just hunt the frogs for sport

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

July 22, 2016, 8:07 a.m.

however, she is unable to rectify the irony that the lot her house sits on has been carved out of the very hillside that claims to protect.

Syncro: She has quoted your posts on NSMB a lot to council and other people. To bad she won't quote this.

July 22, 2016, 9:21 a.m.

So what's the story with the frogs on the hillside?

She basically grabs any straw she can to justify her hate campaign. Sometimes it's frogs, sometimes it's public safety. Sometimes it's other things, depending on the week. At the end of the day, she just hates mountainbikers.

July 22, 2016, 10:37 a.m.

Syncro: She has quoted your posts on NSMB a lot to council and other people. To bad she won't quote this.

weird, i wonder if she realizes that half the stuff i say is sarcastic and just for a joke?

i'm curious as to what "material" of mine she quotes.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 22, 2016, 10:50 a.m.

weird, i wonder if she realizes that half the stuff i say is sarcastic and just for a joke?

i'm curious as to what "material" of mine she quotes.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's mostly always out of context and I'm pretty sure most people that read her rants dismiss it for what it is, the ramblings of a sad, pathetic, individual.

July 22, 2016, 10:57 a.m.

it's mostly always out of context

Thus why nsmb is not the outlet for statements about our work.

July 22, 2016, 10:59 a.m.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's mostly always out of context and I'm pretty sure most people that read her rants dismiss it for what it is, the ramblings of a sad, pathetic, individual.

oh no doubt, it's more morbid curiosity. maybe i should send her some more glamour shots.

Ellen Langer

July 22, 2016, 11 a.m.

she is tireless

But we can take comfort knowing that between her and the late Ernie Crist (RIP), their efforts to ban mountain biking was perhaps the strongest force that united mountain bikers and empowered the nsmba to develop the relationships with the land owners that we have today. Without Mrs. Craver's tireless campaign to portrait the sport as an equal to open pit mining, mountain bikers would have likely become complacent and we might have lost out. Now with strong representation and financial grants, trail building on Fromme is stronger than ever…and legal. So we all actually owe Monica some thanks. Without her it's possible we wouldn't have the parking lot, bike wash station, washrooms and paid trail builders. She's actually done more for mountain biking than most.

Amazing. Love the irony in this.

July 22, 2016, 11:11 a.m.

Her twitter feed is a gem. Hard to tell if it is someone who hates mountain bikers so much or a mountain biker making fun of people that hate mountain bikers.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

July 22, 2016, 11:12 a.m.

Thus why nsmb is not the outlet for statements about our work.

i respect the time and work you've put in to trail work and advocacy Sven, but you and the NSMBA are wrong on your stance of being "silent". the organization's choice to be quiet on numerous issues tends to cast doubt and make it look like you have something to hide. the organization would come off looking better if it was forward and honest on these sensitive topics instead of hiding and letting speculation run rampant. if the organization speaks in a prspectful and honest manner there will be no controvery. it is not juet the lack of info here, but also on the nsmba webpage, facebook page and twitter that is an issue.

the only reason Monica and people like her have any "ammunition" is becuase you give it to her by not being forthright. as a publicly registered charity that is a volunteer run organization i believe the nsmba has a duty to inform those who are affected by the decisions of the board and it's employees and to answer questions in an open an honest manner.

Ellen Langer