Why has Pink Starfish been decommissioned?

July 21, 2016, 8:48 a.m.

I waste too much time on teh internetz, but regardless of what actually went down, it's interesting to note just how much time the extremely vocal minority have to stir the pot, whether it be locally or worldwide. This letter for example and the comments below. I gave up on reading the comments due to it being too mindblowing for words:

http://www.northvancouverpolitics.com/2016/04/controversial-letter-and-dnv-public.html

And then there's good old Mikey V and his list of dead mountain bikers:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/alt.mountain-bike

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY MONICA!

She took so much pleasure in Mark Wood's injury. Check her twitter

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

July 21, 2016, 8:56 a.m.

I waste too much time on teh internetz, but regardless of what actually went down, it's interesting to note just how much time the extremely vocal minority have to stir the pot, whether it be locally or worldwide. This letter for example and the comments below. I gave up on reading the comments due to it being too mindblowing for words:

http://www.northvancouverpolitics.com/2016/04/controversial-letter-and-dnv-public.html

And then there's good old Mikey V and his list of dead mountain bikers:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/alt.mountain-bike

Wow

July 21, 2016, 9:33 a.m.

i had no idea nsmb was a bunch of anti-semites. you bad, bad people!

quite amazing that people can be so delusional. sad.

July 21, 2016, 2:59 p.m.

https://twitter.com/MECraver/status/756182895409061888

July 21, 2016, 3:13 p.m.

Did one of you guys steal MECraver's boyfriend a long time ago? This person certainly seems a little annoyed at mountain bikers. Must be kept awake at night at seeing how popular it's become.

On the warpath? Nope - I just asked why Pink Starfish had been decommissioned. I didn't realize it was such a contentious topic for so many people…

Luckily MECraver is in the minority. Every hiker I see on Fromme is very friendly. The typical response on Baden Powell is "how on earth do you ride that, we have difficulty hiking it!" :)

July 21, 2016, 3:19 p.m.

Her twitter account is actually a pretty comprehensive source for MTB news and articles. Followed. Thanks Monica!

July 21, 2016, 3:21 p.m.

Did one of you guys steal MECraver's girlfriend a long time ago?

ME Craver = Monica Craver, a married woman with children.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 21, 2016, 3:24 p.m.

Did one of you guys steal MECraver's girlfriend a long time ago?

MECraver is actually a woman. It's the person people here call Monica and she is also referred to as the "frog lady". her fight against mtb'ers is supposedly an environmental one for the protection of the forests, particularly on mt fromme. however, she is unable to rectify the irony that the lot her house sits on has been carved out of the very hillside that claims to protect.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 21, 2016, 3:29 p.m.

Thanks. Post has been updated appropriately. There is more mountain bike info on her Twitter account than on here lol.

July 21, 2016, 8:52 p.m.

She must spend hours posting her smear campaign.
Must get tiring.
Her twitter is quite hilarious.

July 21, 2016, 9:36 p.m.

She must spend hours posting her smear campaign.
Must get tiring.
Her twitter is quite hilarious.

she is tireless

But we can take comfort knowing that between her and the late Ernie Crist (RIP), their efforts to ban mountain biking was perhaps the strongest force that united mountain bikers and empowered the nsmba to develop the relationships with the land owners that we have today. Without Mrs. Craver's tireless campaign to portrait the sport as an equal to open pit mining, mountain bikers would have likely become complacent and we might have lost out. Now with strong representation and financial grants, trail building on Fromme is stronger than ever…and legal. So we all actually owe Monica some thanks. Without her it's possible we wouldn't have the parking lot, bike wash station, washrooms and paid trail builders. She's actually done more for mountain biking than most.

July 21, 2016, 9:38 p.m.

she is tireless

But we can take comfort knowing that between her and the late Ernie Crist (RIP), their efforts to ban mountain biking was perhaps the strongest force that united mountain bikers and empowered the nsmba to develop the relationships with the land owners that we have today. Without Mrs. Craver's tireless campaign to portrait the sport as an equal to open pit mining, mountain bikers would have likely become complacent and we might have lost out. Now with strong representation and financial grants, trail building on Fromme is stronger than ever…and legal. So we all actually owe Monica some thanks. Without her it's possible we wouldn't have the parking lot, bike wash station, washrooms and paid trail builders. She's actually done more for mountain biking than most.

:lol: the irony

July 21, 2016, 9:44 p.m.

Splinky made a cameo appearance on her twitter feed!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 21, 2016, 9:46 p.m.

Splinky made a cameo appearance on her twitter feed!

was he offering to make her a ham sandwich for lunch?

July 21, 2016, 9:47 p.m.

she is tireless

Excellent points. Thanks Monica! The complimentary tools at the bike wash are a nice touch.