Why are all the trails so clapped and dying

May 23, 2015, 3:30 p.m.

May 24, 2015, 1:24 p.m.

Boogieman is pretty much the only trail in good shape with drops left on the shore , excluding Cypress . Pink starfish could easily be finished and sorted out to at least have one droppy trail on Fromme . Those kids that worked on it a few years ago did most of the top already . Can we not get someone to finish the bottom off if we crowd source some cash ? Or even do trail days on it ?

May 24, 2015, 4:50 p.m.

Boogieman is pretty much the only trail in good shape with drops left on the shore , excluding Cypres . Pink starfish could easily be finished and sorted out to at least have one droppy trail on Fromme . Those kids that worked on it a few years ago did most of the top already . Can we not get someone to finish the bottom off if we crowd source some cash ? Or even do trail days on it ?

You should talk to the NSMBA about PS then. It was on the list of trails to be decommissioned when the Alpine Plan was done, so I think even talking about it may be problematic to it's existence in the current state (being at all rideable). The NSMBA can give you more info, I don't know the exact details, I just think that this is best kept under the radar for now, until we better understand the status of said trail.

May 24, 2015, 8:13 p.m.

All the neglected trails here seem to be making a come back. I've been riding some of the really old school ones lately, aside from windfalls they are still good lines.

May 25, 2015, 4:40 p.m.

You should talk to the NSMBA about PS then. It was on the list of trails to be decommissioned when the Alpine Plan was done, so I think even talking about it may be problematic to it's existence in the current state (being at all rideable). The NSMBA can give you more info, I don't know the exact details, I just think that this is best kept under the radar for now, until we better understand the status of said trail.

Im picking up what you're laying down ….and I guess that was my point to begin with . Would just suck to spend a bunch of time fixing it only to have someone put logs all over it and decommission it like some very old and good trails have just been closed on Seymour this weekend…….

May 25, 2015, 5 p.m.

Im picking up what you're laying down ….and I guess that was my point to begin with . Would just suck to spend a bunch of time fixing it only to have someone put logs all over it and decommission it like some very old and good trails have just been closed on Seymour this weekend…….

OH NO
which ones?

May 25, 2015, 5:38 p.m.

Most of the ones on the side that gets less light. Massive decommission happening right now

May 25, 2015, 6:18 p.m.

I guess we are all going to have to start riding WITHOUT our cell phones and GPS devices, or using Strava.

BIG BROTHER is tracking you, everywhere you go, they see you.

May 25, 2015, 6:24 p.m.

I guess we are all going to have to start riding WITHOUT our cell phones and GPS devices, or using Strava.

BIG BROTHER is tracking you, everywhere you go, they see you.

Yep, it's pretty ridiculous how many trails are visible thanks to Stravadouches.

Anyway, Expresso was running pretty sweet today:

treezz
wow you are a ass

May 25, 2015, 6:36 p.m.

Yep, it's pretty ridiculous how many trails are visible thanks to Stravadouches.

Problem is it's not just Strava now, you cell phone or GPS will have tracking on it, then they can create heat maps, so the more a trail gets used, the more obvious it becomes on the heat map. Just carrying a phone or GPS is a problem now (unless you take the battery out).

May 25, 2015, 6:48 p.m.

So ride illegal trails but don't track it. Mmmmk

May 25, 2015, 7:12 p.m.

So ride illegal trails but don't track it. Mmmmk

If you want unsanctioned trails kept on the DL and not trashed, then yes. It's pretty obvious isn't it? As for illegal? Depends on the definition and why they are illegal. Will I go to jail for riding PS? BW? FC? PG? GMG? etc…

treezz
wow you are a ass

May 25, 2015, 7:16 p.m.

If you want unsanctioned trails kept on the DL and not trashed, then yes. It's pretty obvious isn't it? As for illegal? Depends on the definition and why they are illegal. Will I go to jail for riding PS? BW? FC? PG? GMG? etc…

Yes, you will go to jail! If you can ride GMG you get extra ass rape lol

May 25, 2015, 8:44 p.m.

Problem is it's not just Strava now, you cell phone or GPS will have tracking on it, then they can create heat maps, so the more a trail gets used, the more obvious it becomes on the heat map. Just carrying a phone or GPS is a problem now (unless you take the battery out).

Uh no.

If you just have an iphone or android in your pocket, without Strava on it (or without Strava turned on) it won't be added to any 'heatmap'.

Besides I'm fairly confident Strava has a copyright on the whole 'heatmap' idea as it pertains to cycling so any other company who wants to implement the same thing would likely have a fight on their hands.

So twitter away guilt free on all your favourite unsanctioned trails.

May 25, 2015, 9 p.m.

lol, you think this is only happening because of strava? like they haven't been an issue for many many years?