Who is your mechanic?

Sept. 4, 2019, 2:16 p.m.

I try to do as much work as I can myself but there are times when I simply can’t figure the problem out, need a shop to source the part or the tool I need to get the job done is too expensive to justify purchasing for a one off. When that happens, Dave at BicycleHub is my guy!

He is leaving us!!!!!

Who is your go to guy for when your bike is ill enough to hand off to a pro? I need a new guy!!!!

Last edited by: Ddean on Sept. 4, 2019, 2:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 4, 2019, 2:59 p.m.

The guys at Steed have always taken good care of my bikes.

Sept. 4, 2019, 3:03 p.m.

Rick, Andy and the boys @ Lynn Valley

Sept. 4, 2019, 3:23 p.m.

Posted by: rnayel

The guys at Steed have always taken good care of my bikes.

Second this. They have done stuff for me like rebuilding my king hubs and my suspension and have done really good work and the price always seems reasonable.

A pet peeve of mine is when you take your bike to the shop to get the fork done and when you get the bill they charged you for a "tune" at 75$ then decided the rear derailleur needed a new cable and charge you 25 for the housing and 5$ for the cable and finally the fork. For forks sake, what do they do in a $75 tune up on a modern day mountain bike?

Sept. 4, 2019, 4:14 p.m.

Posted by: Ddean

I try to do as much work as I can myself but there are times when I simply can’t figure the problem out, need a shop to source the part or the tool I need to get the job done is too expensive to justify purchasing for a one off. When that happens, Dave at BicycleHub is my guy!

He is leaving us!!!!!

Who is your go to guy for when your bike is ill enough to hand off to a pro? I need a new guy!!!!

I was thinking the same thing, Dave has been a gem, so bummed he is moving but happy for his new adventure.

Sept. 4, 2019, 4:27 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Posted by: Ddean

He is leaving us!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing, Dave has been a gem, so bummed he is moving but happy for his new adventure.

Noooooooooo! Where is he going? I've been going pretty much exclusively to Dave for close to 4 years now. Fack this bums me out, but also stoked for whatever he is moving onto as he is a great guy and has helped me many times, will have to drop by with beers before he goes.

I live 5 min from Dunbar but have had mixed experiences with their service over the years... Steed was great the one time I went but getting to/from the shore is a hassle (worth it for Dave/BicycleHub).

Sept. 4, 2019, 4:42 p.m.

Me

Sept. 4, 2019, 8:43 p.m.

Crazy Lou @ Obsession

Sept. 4, 2019, 11:40 p.m.

Bummer about Dave, he was super convenient for me, and service was top notch.  I really liked that he wasn't in a bike shop.

I've gone to Crazy Lou a few times, no complaints, just not a convenient location for me.

Sept. 5, 2019, 9:13 a.m.

I am my own mechanic except for dampers and complex droppers. For that I go to. Vorsprung.

Sept. 5, 2019, 10:03 a.m.

Extremely impressed with Jeff and co at WheelThing

Sept. 5, 2019, 10:34 a.m.

Posted by: DanL

Extremely impressed with Jeff and co at WheelThing

Such a gem.  I was hoping no one would mention WheelThing...as the turnaround is also unbelievable at this point.  I do most of my own work.  Previous experience with shops has often left me dissatisfied as the work is not much better than my own.  Jeff and Co are an outlier.  The work is top-notch.  So clean and detailed.  Probably the best thing to happen to my bike since the dropper post.

Also should give Lou at Obsession a shoutout.  He's taken my rig a couple of times when I was at the end of my rope.  Once, hours before a trip to South Chilcotin.  Saved my ass!

Sept. 9, 2019, 7:58 p.m.

Suspension Werx for damper service. My garage for anything else.

Sept. 9, 2019, 9:08 p.m.

Posted by: skooks

Same

Sept. 9, 2019, 9:55 p.m.

Posted by: skooks

100%