Who is that guy on CBC?

April 27, 2021, 8:33 a.m.

Posted by: craw

Posted by: KenN

1985 was before my time, but I started riding shore trails on a mid 90s Diamondback Ascent with a kickass blue/black spatter paint scheme. Full rigid, canti brakes.

Bought it shiny new from the Cap's in Coquitlam and rode that sucker hard!

Wore a helmet tho.

I remember those Ascents. I had a Tech Nova around the same time with a smoke on blue paint job.  Funny thing, if I had to choose I'd take those times with the shit bikes over these times with great bikes I think.

For what reason Craw? 

When I look back at my university days at UVic it's all rainbows and butterflies, probably because I had fewer responsibilities. Other than say, class at 10am and a run in the afternoon, my days were open.  But were they better?  Probably not, just different.

Do you miss the smaller community, the less busy trails,  fewer gear choices?

April 28, 2021, 12:12 p.m.

"this thread is a timecapsule" 

There's large conversations in here that, if you removed the date stamp, would be indistinguishable from conversations happening today. ha.

April 28, 2021, 9:26 p.m.

Posted by: Sharon

Gimped.

As Lee mentioned. We NEED the smooth trails to send the masses to. 

These trails were here long before mountain bikers, and they will be here after we are gone. Let our legacy not be to leave the trails eroded creeks, but trails we can still ride in 20 years when the masses have moved on.

20 years is approaching for this 2003 thread, and have the masses moved on? Or are they all on ebikes now!

April 29, 2021, 12:19 p.m.

Posted by: Straw

Posted by: Sharon

Gimped.

As Lee mentioned. We NEED the smooth trails to send the masses to. 

These trails were here long before mountain bikers, and they will be here after we are gone. Let our legacy not be to leave the trails eroded creeks, but trails we can still ride in 20 years when the masses have moved on.

20 years is approaching for this 2003 thread, and have the masses moved on? Or are they all on ebikes now!

Well I certainly know that Lee and Sharon are still OG mountain bikers and builders. They even both still ride hard tails on occasion.