Who is that guy on CBC?

Jan. 29, 2003, 3:56 p.m.

yah digger needs the money to fund trail building and money so he can survive … hes done amazing work and jeremy is cool too but i dono bout this bike park buisness :mad:

Funn stem and bar - 20 bucks

Jan. 29, 2003, 4:28 p.m.

i 'found' jeremy one time last summer.
i stopped to catch my breath and was just enjoying the scenery around me for about 5 minutes. i must have looked in his direction about 5 times, but past him. finally i saw him, cross legged, eating lunch. he started to laugh out loud because i didnt even notice him until later. :D i swear hes like a shadow.

Jan. 29, 2003, 4:51 p.m.

Originally posted by gimped
I said even if Digger didn't make videos he would still be up there putting in insane hours. Re-read my last post. Thanks.

Digger has done tons of work on trails before he ever thought about making a video. gimped is right on that score

Jan. 29, 2003, 5:02 p.m.

They are both good to the trails.

ride on:banana:
team myself
[email protected]

Jan. 29, 2003, 5:05 p.m.

What I don't understand is why you are comparing Digger to Jeremy, both have different goals and objectives in mind.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Jan. 29, 2003, 6:15 p.m.

Originally posted by gimped
**Yeah you may think he's cool because he spends a long time on a trail. But it's not when you have a guy who says that he "knows" what people want in a mountain bike trail (ie: ladders, bridges, logs). I for one do not want any of that one a trail, and there are many people who feel the same. Jeremy wants to rule the roost on the North Shore and decide what people want. That's what he told me. Digger has been building better trails for a lot longer and knows taht one type of trail isn't going to cut it. Jeremy ould like to phase people like Digger and the other trail builders out of the equation. He told me that. Is that cool? He would like to turn it into a bike park, charge admission, and become the grand-wizard of the North Shore. He told me he wants to make money from these trails from fees.

It's not cool when you have a guy like this who's looking out for number 1 and deciding what he feels is the right thing to do for the rest of us. **

CBC is built with a lot of structures for a reason - protection of the vegetation etc. and to prove that a sustainable trail can be built (it's the first officially GVRD sanctioned trail on the shore). Sure a ladder bridge is the easy way to get over drainage-problem areas. Rocking in those sections definitely feels more natural but requires a lot more work from volunteers. I hope to see you out at the first spring trail days :)

On a less happier note - are you sure you're not mis-quoting Jeremy or taking his quotes out of context? I simply can't believe that Jeremy would like to "phase people like Digger and the other trail builders out of the equation". That's harsh dude, give the guy a break.

CBC isn't the only trail he works on (even though he does put A LOT of hours into it). When less than 1% of the local north-shore riders help out with trail work there's no room to criticize the people that put 110% back into the trails. Focus your negativity on those lazy bastards who take and never give.

f e r g s :canada:

Jan. 29, 2003, 6:28 p.m.

I dont know y people even ride CBC when its wet? Its so muddy and it isnt that fun. I havent riden it since about november or so. I am staying of until its dry:D

BATTLECAT

Jan. 29, 2003, 6:59 p.m.

cbc in the snow hurts.

Jan. 29, 2003, 7:31 p.m.

Originally posted by Primo DHer
I dont know y people even ride CBC when its wet? Its so muddy and it isnt that fun. I havent riden it since about november or so. I am staying of until its dry:D

Small cerebral cortex?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 29, 2003, 7:41 p.m.

I agree with fergs 110%.

Tis no man; tis a remorseless, eating machine.

Jan. 29, 2003, 8:09 p.m.

Originally posted by dwicks
I agree with fergs 110%.

so do I, I feel you should give it better than you take it.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Jan. 29, 2003, 8:19 p.m.

Originally posted by switch
Small cerebral cortex?

:eek: :lol:

jeremy and digger are two very different people. lets not compare them

Big Bike: Santa Cruz Bullit
Bigger Bike: Suzuki RM125

Jan. 29, 2003, 8:19 p.m.

No actually it wasn't taken out of context. My wife and I was hiking CBC about 2 years ago when I stopped to talk to him when he told me what he wanted for the shore. We were shocked. A few months later at Tommy's, my wife and I were there talking to Todd about him and his plans. Jeremy showed up and got in on the conversation. It turned into a "heated debate" between Jeremy and Digger about the state of the north shore mountains. Repeating it twice is not taken out of context.

I am not dismissing the beautiful work done on CBC (even though it seems to flat for his drainage ideas, ie: mud), the logs and bridges are amazing. It's just the direction he wants to go that I don't agree with.

lesbiens, and I don't mean the good kind.

Jan. 29, 2003, 8:22 p.m.

you really think jeremy is serious, he is just a big kid, who likes to make a trail .. listen it his job, he can have his views,

Jan. 29, 2003, 8:25 p.m.

until uve built a northshore trail, you have no idea at the amount of work involved its not a lil project its a lifestyle, i love building and will continue for as long as im not a gimp, same goes for my biking, see you all at the trail days.

HighlanderRCNCo
forsale
2004 Giant AC1