When to buy/sell?

Sept. 17, 2006, 7:25 p.m.

Hey, this is basically my dilemma:

I'm currently riding a full-on DH bike with a dual crown, and plan on replacing it with something more-shore friendly with a single.

My current bike is something I've been upgrading parts on (as they break) the past couple of years so it's in pretty good shape right now.

So, options:

1. I sell it now, save up, and buy a new bike at the beginning of next year. In this case I would be riding my hardtail I suppose, and considering I only do big mountain rides maybe twice a month it doesn't seem like a huge loss. The upside of this is I get the money now, which might be more than selling in February, but the downside is I have no dually for a while!

2. Keep my current bike and wait until I plan to buy a new one, and try to sell it then. I presume the best time to buy is not the best time to sell, wherein lies some problems.

Kinda long-winded, but I think it explains everything pretty well.

Opinions/thoughts? Thanks.

Sept. 17, 2006, 7:30 p.m.

Most people look at buying in the spring in the new season, most smart people look to buy at the end of the season (fall). If i was buying used I would for sure buy in the fall/winter becayuse there are better deals to be had as lots of downhill racers, xc racers and team riders are trying to offload their old gear before the newstuff comes in for the comming season.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

Sept. 18, 2006, 2:12 p.m.

sell it in like Apr/May. And if you wait until early-summer to buy a new bike you might get some good deals from shops

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 18, 2006, 2:48 p.m.

whatever you do don't try to sell now.

http://www.the-industries.com/

2005 Rocky Mtn. Flow 3.0 Size small.
Saint cranks 170mm with bash
Raceface Prodigy seat and clamp
Fsa Pig DH headset sealed.
Hayes Rear Hmx-1
Avid Dial 5 lever
Axiom Dj Bar & Stem
WETHEPEOPLE grips.
hollow steer tube screw and cap

500.00$

Sept. 19, 2006, 3:14 p.m.

End of Jan is the best time in my experience to find smoking deals on last years bikes.
The stores want them gone before the outdoor show/spring and Jan is usually a slow sale month due to winter and after the christmas/boxing day rush. Bought a Rocky a few years back for 50 bucks over cost, no bro deal just a sale price due to a new model coming out in the spring. Try selling in March to June, I've always had the best luck then.
Right now, I'm trying to sell a bike and no bites. Even with a smoking deal.