When did Park Gate turn into a bro fest?

May 7, 2021, 8:27 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

Squamish is very underrated.... so many awesome trails and way less people than the NS. Same with Burke.

Squamish isn't underrated or under represented on YouTube. Half of all mountain bike content creators live and ride there, the other half live in Vans and travel to ride there. Or so it seems ;)

Last edited by: Ride.DMC on May 7, 2021, 8:27 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: grammar.
May 7, 2021, 8:34 p.m.

haha!!  Burke having fewer people, lol my ass offf...  head up to the gun club on a sunny Saturday, you'll be parking at the bottom switchback.

May 7, 2021, 9:31 p.m.

Posted by: heckler

haha!!  Burke having fewer people, lol my ass offf...  head up to the gun club on a sunny Saturday, you'll be parking at the bottom switchback.

I'm up there on a lot of Saturdays.  The road is packed but the trails aren't...  especially the higher you go.  Lots of the those cars are hikers and it absolutely pales in comparison to number of people on Seymour with people parking all around the mountain and riding from their homes.  I bet John Deer gets over 500 hits on a busy day.   What would Garbage get?

May 7, 2021, 10:25 p.m.

Posted by: mammal

Or maybe they just have better judgement, on aggregate, than the Shuttle-Bros who are packing themselves 6-deep into pickups with non-household members. I pedal from Park Gate, and there are certainly females around from time to time, but I'd say it's around 80% shuttlers who park/hang there.

Yeah, I was only kidding but I don't blame them either. I also don't really want to hang around bros.

May 8, 2021, 9:07 a.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Or maybe they just have better judgement, on aggregate, than the Shuttle-Bros who are packing themselves 6-deep into pickups with non-household members. I pedal from Park Gate, and there are certainly females around from time to time, but I'd say it's around 80% shuttlers who park/hang there.

Yeah, I was only kidding but I don't blame them either. I also don't really want to hang around bros.

Parking at the bottom of Old Buck, Hyannis or the Fromme lot on weekends is an absolute no-go for me.

May 9, 2021, 9:32 a.m.

Posted by: craw

Posted by: thaaad

Parking at the bottom of Old Buck, Hyannis or the Fromme lot on weekends is an absolute no-go for me.

Same. Those areas are just silly, especially at peak times.